IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

April 4, still waiting. 26 days, Atari. Tick Tock.

The hilarity, of course, is that normally we'd be counting down to a hardware launch. Or at least an announcement of a hardware launch.

Atari is winding up the hype machine for the announcement, for the preorder date, of hardware that currently doesn't exist. They are actually telling potential customers that on April xx, they can preorder an Atari VCS on *insert date here* for a product that may or not exist at some even more distant time. The mind boggles.

• Like 6

And what does this have to do with my post about stocks?

Everything because Sony is an established company with a quality track record and Atari SA is as you say "Just Stupid". Are you too stupid to see the connection to your stock comment ?

Edited by thetick1
  • Like 1

I don't doubt Atari's stupidity. But I think everyone in this thread knows the situation of Atari.

The value of a share adjusts to the success of a product. Not the other way around. Apple was also insolvent and now the most successful company in the world.

Ouya had 60,000 bakers. That should be possible for Atari. When a console will appear. Just wait and see.

Agreed. We all know the situation of Atari. However, with insights from such people who have first-hand knowledge of what it takes to get hardware into the hands of consumers, Atari is really just using 'smoke-and-mirror' tactics all throughout this process.

Also, I wouldn't compare Atari to Apple what-so-ever. Apple never when bankrupt and/or disappeared like Atari has done.

Yes, OUYA had 60k backers. However, they managed to get the product into production and in the hands of consumers. Heck, the OUYA was even sold at Best Buy. I don't think Atari has any prayer of this happening. Granted, they could prove me wrong, but I highly doubt it at this point.

Personally, while I continue to follow this thread, the Ataribox, now Atari VCS, is done for me as I doubt it will be ever produced and/or worth buying for what it will try and offer.

I don't doubt Atari's stupidity. But I think everyone in this thread knows the situation of Atari.
The value of a share adjusts to the success of a product. Not the other way around. Apple was also insolvent and now the most successful company in the world.
Ouya had 60,000 bakers. That should be possible for Atari. When a console will appear. Just wait and see.

• Like 2

Everything because Sony is an established company with a quality track record and Atari SA is as you say "Just Stupid". Are you too stupid to see the connection to your stock comment ?

Let's try to be more polite, shall we? Keep the discussion civil or we'll have to start blocking people from it.

• Like 2

I know when I go to a new forum, I like to be argumentative, call other users dumb, white knight for my favorite companies relentlessly and show no thinking skills of my own.

C'mon.

Why not chill out, look at the site, and maybe read a little before you jump in with fists swinging? I promise some cats out in France don't care how good of a job you do caping for their company. If you want to dig Atari SA, their titular box or anything else, that's your prerogative, just as it's mine to roll my eyes at the same.

• Like 12

Let's try to be more polite, shall we? Keep the discussion civil or we'll have to start blocking people from it.

I used the term stupid because he used the term to describe criticism of the Atari SA stock and asked why it is relevant to his post. We already know the poster is here only to promote Atati SA propaganda and shows no actual interest in retro gaming, so in my mind harsh comments from a troll will be dealt with harsher comments. I don't consider a polite response is appropriate.

Edited by thetick1

Also, I wouldn't compare Atari to Apple what-so-ever. Apple never when bankrupt and/or disappeared like Atari has done.

Even more to the point, Apple never stopped being "Apple." Apple never reduced itself to a brand.

• Like 6

It's integrated graphics. And no one likes integrated graphics.

Speak for yourself. I like integrated graphics as they are cheaper on the consumer and generally better tested with the implemented CPU and chipsets.

Edited by thetick1

Just to spite the current Atari corp haters in this thread (and also because it seemed like a fun thing to do), I am now the exceptionally proud owner of 40 shares of TARIF (Atari) stock. Quick trade through Ameritrade. icon_smile.gif

In 12 hours, I've made like a buck! I bet you will all be crying Yars' Tears when my $33 dollar investment is worth...oh, I dunno...maybe $40? icon_smile.gif

Dude, you're gonna be, like, so rich!*

* In Botswana.

• Like 2

It's a talking point for people trying to ignore the dumpster fire that is Ataribox.

See, here's the thing: when I see a dumpster fire, I look at it and think, "Holy crap, that's a dumpster! And it's ON FIRE! HELL YEAH!" It's at least entertaining in the sense that you don't see a dumpster on fire every day, or, at least not in our neck of the woods.

But Atariboxcorp, Inc... Yeah, the term 'dumpster fire' still definitely applies. But the entertainment value is more along the lines of, "heh, didn't see that one coming from a mile off..."

This really has nothing to do with anything in particular, but now I want to watch an actual dumpster fire. It's been a while.

• Like 2

Compton? At least there will be some burning oil drums.

Funnily enough, the last time that I can remember seeing an actual dumpster on actual fire, I was headed South on Broadway somewhere in the region of 26th or 27th Street. It was in the street, up against the curb, merrily blazing away.

So not exactly Compton, but I was pretty much headed in the right direction.

Funnily enough, the last time that I can remember seeing an actual dumpster on actual fire, I was headed South on Broadway somewhere in the region of 26th or 27th Street. It was in the street, up against the curb, merrily blazing away.

So not exactly Compton, but I was pretty much headed in the right direction.

Someone actually set my apartment building's dumpster on fire a few months ago.

But I was out-of-town, and missed it.

All we had for months afterwards, was a charred dumpster. Until the garbage company replaced it.

Should've spray-painted an Atari logo on it...

• Like 8

Re: integrated graphics

They're getting better, and you can play a great many games on modest hardware. It won't be the latest tech but t doesn't have to suck. Someone was asking about a portable DOS machine in another thread, and it inspired me to put Linux on my $200 in 2014 laptop. It will be "fine" as an emulsion machine, but I'll have to do a little work to set it up.

What "Atari" is preparing to pre-announce isn't /bad/, it's just not differentiated from existing product, has no reason to exist, and has less than zero claim to the old company's heritage.

I'm repeating myself, of course.

From the Department of Redundancy Department

• Like 4

Someone actually set my apartment building's dumpster on fire a few months ago.

But I was out-of-town, and missed it.

All we had for months afterwards, was a charred dumpster. Until the garbage company replaced it.

Should've spray-painted an Atari logo on it...

That's not a half-bad idea for Atari to consider the garbage biz. I mean look at the current price of Waste Management stock per share for instance.

post-18158-0-68634500-1522890094_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

yea but they would have to put stuff IN the truck

It would also mean they are taking shit IN from others, rather than shitting ON them, which is all these douche bags have done to date. Idiots totally fucked the PS4 release of Tempest 4000. Can't even handle releasing an actual game from a llegendary developer.