IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

I am somebody that wanted to definetely order an Atari Console but i have to admit that in a few days the crowdfunding starts and there are still absolutely no information what this even is or what it can do.

At least they have to give some specs or some information.

Under this circumstances i can absolutely understand everybody if nobody wants to order one if even i am very concerned who wanted to take full risk.

What are they doing?

Alex, beyond the silliness, this is what most of us have been saying all along. I don't like spending money without being given a good reason to do so.
  • Like 3

I am somebody that wanted to definetely order an Atari Console but i have to admit that in a few days the crowdfunding starts and there are still absolutely no information what this even is or what it can do.

At least they have to give some specs or some information.

Under this circumstances i can absolutely understand everybody if nobody wants to order one if even i am very concerned who wanted to take full risk.

What are they doing?

I have it on good authority that Atari has this whole thing figured out.

They're going to take a cue from the most successful merchandising franchise of all time, and start out the exact same way Star Wars did!

Here's your first look at The AtariVCS Pre-Order Early Bird Certificate Package! Just like Star Wars did when they had no action figures to sell, Atari's going to sell empty boxes instead! Go with your strengths!

The package features a fold-out cardboard rendering of the AtariVCS, and includes a display area where you can put your controllers as you collect them!

But hurry - when these are announced next week, they're going to go fast! These are sure to become collector's items!

post-2641-0-39011600-1527350663_thumb.jpg

• Like 22

This needs to happen.

They're going to take a cue from the most successful merchandising franchise of all time, and start out the exact same way Star Wars did!

Here's your first look at The AtariVCS Pre-Order Early Bird Certificate Package! Just like Star Wars did when they had no action figures to sell, Atari's going to sell empty boxes instead! Go with your strengths!

The package features a fold-out cardboard rendering of the AtariVCS, and includes a display area where you can put your controllers as you collect them!

But hurry - when these are announced next week, they're going to go fast! These are sure to become collector's items!

attachicon.gifataribox-early-bird.jpg

• Like 5

Mr. Strum,

One of the best post I have seen in a long time! This forum is chock full of members who with their own creative skills and humor can make me fall off my chair laughing! That creative post is just another great example of this. Well done buddy!

• Like 1

The N-Gage belongs on that list for real.

At least these crappy products/services did make it to market.

The N-Gage was way ahead of its time - nowadays gaming on mobile devices has become so commonplace that hardly anyone remembers that this was a totally new concept back then. Additionally, the N-Gage was a rock solid tri-band mobile phone with a dedicated MP3/AAC decoder providing excellent audio quality in stereo (very uncommon for the time) and an MMC card slot that gave up to 1 gig of extra memory (2 gigs didn't work on mine, I have heard a later firmware revision did fix that). Just the design of the case was awkward.

• Like 1

Yes, for $200 down you too can get one of these limited pieces of cardboard and best of all, YOU CAN MAKE A BOX OUT OF IT! AtariTACOVCSCLUB=ATARIVCSTACOBOX! FTW!

I think it's already working:

attachicon.gifFeargal's Signature.jpg

I, for one, am greatly looking forward to the first AtariVCSbox unboxing video.

It should hit the usual streaming video sites c. 202never.

• Like 2

FWIW, the C5 wasn't bad. I spent some time driving one...they're kind of like a motorized bicycle of sorts. icon_smile.gif

-Thom

I've driven one as well, and this is a pretty accurate description of what they're like.

I also got to drive it in the rain, which is not recommended unless you enjoy being very wet. Even with the rain cover pictured below (and yes, that really was Sinclair's answer to driving one in the rain), I rather unsurprisingly got soaked.

MbH0T1p.png

• Like 5

Does anyone know if this can be modded? I want to add working LED lights and a Raspberry Pi.

Or if that would hurt its value, any ideas for a display stand for my display stand?

Does anyone know if this can be modded? I want to add working LED lights and a Raspberry Pi.

Or if that would hurt its value, any ideas for a display stand for my display stand?

As long as you mod it with FOUR lights (not three, not five, FOUR), then it should be okay.

Whoa whoa whoa there, cowboy ?

You had best slow your roll.

You need to have an announcement that you're going to announce what you're thinking about. You can't just spring all these technical details on us all at once. We need at least 30 days between developments to get used to the idea.

• Like 6

attachicon.gifataribox-early-bird.jpg

For a moment I thought this was a real "preorder" bonus they were going to have on Indiegogo until I saw it said Atari Taco Club.

The mere fact that it was plausible says a lot.

Edited by Pink
  • Like 4