IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

Man that could have gotten you the Atari Vault, Tempest 4000 and enough tacos to last you the weekend

Probably going to get Tempest 4000 on the Xbox One X. Really looking forward to it. Unfortunately I'm away from my home in Los Angeles, stuck in Upstate NY, and my only taco options are Taco Bell. :woozy:

Quoting text without redactions, since this was public and it's nice to have clickable links rather than images

Brandon Wald5 hours ago

Reading online that Llamasoft was not informed of the VCS and that there is NO Linux binary for Tempest 4000, meaning that the game is not running natively in the system but rather via emulation in WINE, as somebody who backed the VCS All-IN, Could you address these allegations? I believe in the VCS and want it to succeed but this could be something that blows up in your face fast,

See less
l0bvqabuxczkckqwmmjh.jpg
AtariCampaigner28 minutes ago
Hi Brandon. Atari shared footage of the existing PC version of Tempest 4K and fully expects to have it, and games like it, available for the VCS launch next year. We have clearly stated on our Indiegogo campaign page that IP shown “is depicted for illustration purposes only” and cannot comment on any confidential conversations with our business partners.

"Atari shared footage"

means AtariBox is not Atari and

footage means the campaign didn't play it

• Like 2

Totally not-scummy things going on today with NuTari.

They posted this response to the T4Kgate on Indiegogo:

post-39941-0-88358700-1528396001.jpg

They've edited the Facebook Tempest 4000 post to say it's being played on a PC:

post-39941-0-58727500-1528396025_thumb.jpg

I don't know if on Indiegogo they edited the statement in (bottom) after-the-fact or if it was there from day one. Notice it applies to both videos:

post-39941-0-90706600-1528396129_thumb.jpg

They forgot to edit one place, though--the YouTube description. Also note what it literally says in the video itself at this mark:

post-39941-0-58946700-1528396258_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Today's backing numbers. $2.714,692 USD, raised by 10,366 backers with 23 days left in the campaign. There appears to be a steady, but small, stream of new investors daily.

I still expect there will be an uptick in investment right before the end of the run, which is fairly common with crowd funding campaigns.

I also recently purchased 97 shares of Atari SA stock. Now is the time to invest! :grin:

Huh, huh, huh, huh.....he said invest.

aed.gif

• Like 2

tejMTtm.png

If they were just going to steal footage of games and say that they "expect to have it", then why not go for broke? Why not put COD, WoW, Fortnight, Halo, Super Smash Bros, and literally every other game under the sun in the video? Would have been just as legit

• Like 8

Huh, huh, huh, huh.....he said invest.

I have a strange feeling that even if they deliver the Atari VCS, and it goes belly up a month later, the hardware will become a collectible item and will reach Jaguar-level crazy prices on eBay. Maybe I'm wrong. We'll see...

Bleh, you guys beat me to the punch once again.

The Atari VCS will be a PC too, so we're copacetic right?

I have my doubts about the operating environment, personally ....

but HEY! I found this, which should help.

post-2410-0-70759400-1528397241_thumb.jpg

1. Outline what you're uncertain about

Um, the whole thing, from concept to execution, really. This has no reason to exist, and even if it came out tomorrow, at best all it does is what a bunch of other better platforms already do.

2. Breakdown your psychological walls

OK! I'm ready. I liked Atari when I was a kid. That was forty years ago. I like to think I have grown as a person.

3. Recall prior accomplishments

As "Atari SA?" Um, I dunno ... bankruptcy, Rollercoaster Tycoon milking, Atari licensing?

4. Gain valuable clarity

Yes! Atari SA is kind of a shit company, the view is clear.

5. Develop a plan of action

Time for AtariBox to bob and weave and use a lot of weasel words

6. Find a compelling reason

erm .... this brings be back to #1, there is no compelling reason for this

post-2410-0-00254100-1528397604.jpg

...and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic

• Like 7

I have a strange feeling that even if they deliver the Atari VCS, and it goes belly up a month later, the hardware will become a collectible item and will reach Jaguar-level crazy prices on eBay. Maybe I'm wrong. We'll see...

I think that's the same mentality of the majority of people who have purchases a system so far

• Like 1

Is Tempest 4000 that much of an extra ordinary game anyway so it would be a make or break decision if it will be available on the VCS, a year after it was released on other formats? I would be more concerned about what rest of the games library, and other functions will be like, so this device doesn't end up like a luxury version of an Atari Flashback that both plays emulated 2600 games and lets you browse the Internet and stream video from Netflix and similar services.

But yes, if people are buying because it has a cool brand name and a sleek design and couldn't care less about content or what they can use it for, all this discussion doesn't really matter.

• Like 5

I see some people in this thread admitting they feel a bit foolish for backing the Atari VCS. Don't. I'm willing to be that even if they deliver the product, and it goes belly up a month later, the thing will become and exotic collectible and hit Jaguar-level crazy prices on eBay. I think the same thing is eventually going to happen to the Wii U. There's something about failure and popular brand name that really creates collectible value.

Maybe I could share your enthusiasm if I won $500 from the lottery, too. The rest of us have to work to earn money, and I'll be damned if I give one cent to AtaREEEEEEE SA who will likely never release the Ataribox... err VCS.

And please don't construe this as an attack on you :) I'm just jealous because I would have likely done the same thing with lottery winnings. So, I suppose you can be our AA guinea pig! When this project goes belly up and everyone on IGG is "invoking their rights to refunds, please", you won't have lost anything!

• Like 1

I'm just jealous because I would have likely done the same thing with lottery winnings.

For reals? You'd bet it all on Moak's Beard in early 2019?

No Xbox One X or Playstation 4 Pro? Nintendo Switch? New tires? A few months of internet service bills? Tacos? Something that could actually bring some pleasure and enjoyment?

• Like 2

Flojo, it's going to be an exotic collectable!

jk, no I really wouldn't, but I also don't play the lottery. I was just trying to keep the peace and not sound mean calling out Dr. Manhattan :) Honestly though, the only way anyone could justify giving money to this crowdfunding campaign is if they truly wouldn't miss (or truthfully, just don't want) their money. They certainly won't get it back.

Per your request....

monkeyfuckingafootball.jpg?resize=300%2C

?????

You were the only one to reply, and I think now I know why. This image must sum it all up in a nut shell, or a football.

Im sure ol Pat the NES Punk will have a recap soon, he always has a good analysis when covering these topics.

I don't know if on Indiegogo they edited the statement in (bottom) after-the-fact or if it was there from day one. Notice it applies to both videos:

the "*All IP shown is the trademarked property of their respective owners and is depicted for illustration purposes only." was there on day one, at least by the time i looked in the afternoon

• Like 1