IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

Wow, I just visited the Indiegogo FAQ page and they CYA themselves with an iron plate! Please, if you've ordered a VCS, read the following!

From: https://support.indiegogo.com/hc/en-us/articles/526876-Refunds-Can-I-get-my-money-back-

"When are contributions not eligible for a refund?

Contributions cannot be refunded by Indiegogo, if any of the following are true:

• The contribution funds have already been transferred to the campaign owner
  • The campaign has ended"

"I’m not eligible for a refund but I want one. What do I do?

For campaigns that have ended, where the funds have already been sent to the campaign owner, or in all other cases where an order is not eligible for a refund via Indiegogo, backers should contact the campaign owner directly regarding refunds.

• Please note: In cases where the funds have been disbursed to the campaigner and are therefore not eligible for a refund via Indiegogo, the campaigner and backer will have to work out the method for refunds, off platform."

With those limitations why would anyone ever contribute ? I certainly can't come up with any reason other than stupidity and/or ignorance.

Edited by thetick1
  • Like 3

In fairness and an attempt to open the eyes of those who may have already contributed, here's the full text (below) of the refund sections I posted previously. I left out the last couple of reasons, because I didn't think they mattered, but following the Terms of Use link brings up a possible out before Indiegogo pays out to Atari.

Come on AA detectives, get the truth out there!

• "When are contributions not eligible for a refund?

Contributions cannot be refunded by Indiegogo, if any of the following are true:

• The contribution funds have already been transferred to the campaign owner
    • The campaign has ended
    • The perk associated with the contribution has been fulfilled (Order is marked as fulfilled on Indiegogo by the Campaigner)
    • Indiegogo determines that there has been an abuse of our Terms of Use, or the refund policy.

https://www.indiegogo.com/about/terms#/youraccoun

This is actually Section 3. Bold emphasis is mine

1. "Creating and Running a Campaign
    1. Service Fees. Campaign Owners are charged a Service Fee as a portion of the Contributions they raise (the "Service Fees"). The Service Fees are effective on the date that the Service Fees are posted, and may be updated from time to time. Service Fees will be charged at the then-current rate.
    2. Right to Withhold Funds. Campaign Owners should not assume that they will receive Contributions made to a Campaign. There may be a delay between the end of a Campaign and our remittance of Contributions to a Campaign Owner for a number of reasons including, but not limited to, refunds, chargeback disputes, fraud, Terms or other policy violations, or any other situation. For example, Indiegogo may hold Contributions made to a Campaign, or from any third parties holding Contributions to a Campaign, if the Campaign Owner violates any Terms (as determined by Indiegogo in its sole discretion). Indiegogo may also seek reimbursement from a Campaign Owner by any other lawful means, including by using third-party collection services.
    3. Refunds. Indiegogo offers a limited refund to Contributors in accordance with our Refund Policy. Refunds outside of our Refund Policy must be handled by the Campaign Owner, and Indiegogo has no obligation to provide any refunds or become involved with any dispute between a Campaign Owner and Contributor. Indiegogo reserves the right to terminate User Accounts and remove Campaigns for any abuse of the Refund Policy."

"I’m not eligible for a refund but I want one. What do I do?

For campaigns that have ended, where the funds have already been sent to the campaign owner, or in all other cases where an order is not eligible for a refund via Indiegogo, backers should contact the campaign owner directly regarding refunds.

• Please note: In cases where the funds have been disbursed to the campaigner and are therefore not eligible for a refund via Indiegogo, the campaigner and backer will have to work out the method for refunds, off platform.
  • The campaigner will be unable to issue refunds electronically via Indiegogo back to the original credit card used. Instead, you'll need to work with the campaigner to determine the method of receiving refunds, off of Indiegogo, that works best for you both."
Edited by lingyi

OMG that's a long time to talk about imaginary friends. Did you watch it? That runtime has inspired me to do a bunch of sit-ups instead.

Not at once, played it for 20 minutes, went for a jog with my wife and now I'm listening to it a bit more. Don't know if I'll make it through

Not at once, played it for 20 minutes, went for a jog with my wife and now I'm listening to it a bit more. Don't know if I'll make it through

You are brave and powerful for trying ... I guess?

Giving "both sides" room to talk is noble in theory, but tiresome when one side has done nothing to deserve respect or attention, but is overly reliant on faith and trust rather than evidence. There's a backer in the IGG comments that actually said the burden of proof is on the critics, NOT the people asking for money to pre-sell an unfinished product. There seems to be an ongoing debate about what should and should not be discussed there, especially in the absence of the "Atari" spokesperson, who has been AWOL for a few days now. :lol:

It seems ridiculous to have a "debate" about this, as does calling people who want information "negative" or "trolls."

My quote key is getting worn out.

• Like 7

I wonder if they could actually find someone with any real credentials that has a similar opinion of the state of this project? Based on the IGG comments I have seen it's a lot of people who are blinded by something, be it nostalgia or whatever.

I don't use Facebook, so I can't see what's going on over there, so I can only assume that they have gone radio silent on there as well.

You are brave and powerful for trying ... I guess?

Giving "both sides" room to talk is noble in theory, but tiresome when one side has done nothing to deserve respect or attention, but is overly reliant on faith and trust rather than evidence. There's a backer in the IGG comments that actually said the burden of proof is on the critics, NOT the people asking for money to pre-sell an unfinished product. There seems to be an ongoing debate about what should and should not be discussed there, especially in the absence of the "Atari" spokesperson, who has been AWOL for a few days now. :lol:

It seems ridiculous to have a "debate" about this, as does calling people who want information "negative" or "trolls."

My quote key is getting worn out.

"The burden of proof is on the critics, not the company selling stuff."

Dear God, who are these people and what can I sell them??

• Like 11

There are certain individuals who have been connected to the people involved, who are now leaking things and speaking out, because Atari has been taking shots at journalists (regardless of their stripes), including a certain engineer who designed the Flashback 1 and 2 and 2+ systems for Atari, and knows the people involved, their modus operandi, and the various subcontractors who have had their strings pulled to create the artifacts that we currently are seeing from the "AtariVCS" endeavor...

...the leaks aren't over, yet...and as Atari keeps getting more brash, the leaks will continue.

Atari is being called out in the most epic ways possible, and they honestly deserve it, because since Atari's bankruptcy, they've been nothing but a licensing front, taking all the money, bearing none of the risk, and doing everything idiotic short term thing possible to make a quick buck.

This whole AtariVCS project has been, from the get-go, simply a parachute for its top executives to exit from the company, assuming they get acquired, this is not speculation. This is not theory. Some of us have known this from the very beginning, and for various reasons, have had to keep quiet, trying to warn people as discreetly as we could, but now that Atari is acting like a petulant child, some have taken the gloves off.

-Thom

• Like 10

And that's really too bad. Even if I don't believe this will be successful, I don't want it to fail. Funny, no?

It occurred to me yesterday that if Atari SA wanted to get into the console market a Flashback with a cart slot would've been a better idea; they're already in stores; people buy them. All they'd need is a couple of liner feet of shelf space for carts, & if those didn't sell they could drop them easily. (Clearance, recall, recycle, write-off)

(Yeah, other folks have suggested stuff like this for over a decade.)

Edited by pacman000
  • Like 5

Interesting to here about this being a parachute. I figured that the new LLC was formed to protect the main company from the inevitable lawsuits that are going to happen after the backers get screwed.

Edited by MCHufnagel
  • Like 1

Interesting video of a debate between a youtuber detractor vs a supporter. It's long, almost an hour but I'm posting it here for those interested.

The way he's holding those NES zappers. He should be the on cover of COD: Black Ops 5.

Edited by Atari PAC-MAN Fan
  • Like 2

There are certain individuals who have been connected to the people involved, who are now leaking things and speaking out, because Atari has been taking shots at journalists (regardless of their stripes), including a certain engineer who designed the Flashback 1 and 2 and 2+ systems for Atari, and knows the people involved, their modus operandi, and the various subcontractors who have had their strings pulled to create the artifacts that we currently are seeing from the "AtariVCS" endeavor...

If you have some beans, please allow me to clear a spot for you to spill them.

• Like 7

Knew about A&W; didn't know about Long John Silvers. Thank you. :)

Just got back from Canada, and remembered that A&W is still going strong up there. We don't really have too many in the US... though I seem to recall one I went to in Maryland, and one in New York. But A&W is pretty popular in Canada.

What I really miss... was Roy Rogers.

They were awesome when I was growing up in the DC Metro Area.

Gotta check out Long John Silvers... haven't been to one in over two decades... also... Arthur Treachers. Haven't been there in a while too.

• Like 1

So, since it can take 5 days for a refund and with about that remaining, any attempt of getting an assured r, before the window closes and they run off with your cash, needs to happen right now. Probably misinterpreting that and any attempt before project end will go through, but, eh..I just dood it. I'm such a wishful wanty - wanted the controller for a keepsake (not related to the company, as is, but as a relic of an alternate-future Atari, where it was still relevant - mantle conversation material), but recent supposed corroboration, of some of our worst suspicions, makes even a rudimentary fulfillment seem less and less likely. Oh, well.

If the current management were to bail out, with potential pending lawsuits, would anyone want the brand and actually pay more than a trifling for it, or are we finally at the end-game and have to ultimately accept that it has finally been buried?

Please, just let it go, guys, release it back to the community.

• Like 2

Has anyone heard from the Atari crew lately? They posted one single comment on Indiegogo three days ago, and it's been five days since they were regularly responding to backers. I think it's been five days since they posted on Facebook.

Do we need to put them on the back of a milk carton? Send out search teams? I'm concerned, guys.

• Like 3