IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

Has anyone heard from the Atari crew lately? They posted one single comment on Indiegogo three days ago, and it's been five days since they were regularly responding to backers. I think it's been five days since they posted on Facebook.

Their last actual Facebook update was 8 days ago.

• Like 3

Interesting video of a debate between a youtuber detractor vs a supporter. It's long, almost an hour but I'm posting it here for those interested.

Just wanted to say, I'm watching this right now and it's one of the best videos I've seen so far. It is definitely worth a watch.

The host does a great job of calmly explaining the criticisms to him and it's fascinating to hear the Atari fan defend his position while contradicting himself all along the way.

• Like 5

I've been out of town since Friday morning and just got home. When I left the IGG campaign was at 2,922,000. Now it's at 2,918,000. What in the heck did I miss?

One percent of the backers have come to their senses? Also the guy from The Register showed his work when "Atari" PR people accused him of making things up.

• Like 2

I like to think of Atari SA as now "pests" because they are. They'll sue anyone who uses their likeness whether in art, games, etc. And the only way to get them out of anyone's face is...you guessed it...money. So they figure with a bunch of shysters on their side, it's easier to search for those who use Atari's likeness and go for the kill instead of making an actual product. And unfortunately, a can of Raid isn't going to work on them.

Gotta love how they aren't even promoting their own controller in this picture.

main-bottom-2.jpg

"Make sure there's a guitar in the picture! Guitars are cool and we want people to know we're cool too!"

I should have put affiliate links on this post. Surely all the Atari faithful would want to have an Official Ataribox Room of their own? NOT for illustrative purposes only, this is the very same stuff: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/266480-new-atari-console-that-ataribox/page-100?do=findComment&comment=3891664

• Like 7

I should have put affiliate links on this post. Surely all the Atari faithful would want to have an Official Ataribox Room of their own? NOT for illustrative purposes only, this is the very same stuff: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/266480-new-atari-console-that-ataribox/page-100?do=findComment&comment=3891664

IKEA should send Atari a cease and desist.

• Like 11

Guess what the #1 featured campaign on Indiegoogo's homepage is today (and I don't know how many days it has been before today).

I used to believe that the Atari VCS campaign was funded by equal parts of stupidity, scalping and shilling. After watching StopDropRetro's video and listening to TheRegister's recordings, I'm not so sure those proportions are correct. :ponder:

• Like 2

Guess what the #1 featured campaign on Indiegoogo's homepage is today (and I don't know how many days it has been before today).

I used to believe that the Atari VCS campaign was funded by equal parts of stupidity, scalping and shilling. After watching StopDropRetro's video and listening to TheRegister's recordings, I'm not so sure those proportions are correct. icon_ponder.gif

It's been there since it started. In all likelihood, it's essentially front-page advertising that AtariVCSboxCorp, Inc. purchased; Indiegogo is unlikely to give up that particular piece of real estate for a month for free.

• Like 3

I've been out mostly and just got caught up with the last several pages

It seems like every response from Atari SA to their backers could have been written by our Mike Kennedy... either that, or the same things are just said with these schemes and shenanigans. Do they have some sort of phrase book that they use....

Edited by cybercylon
  • Like 1

I've been out mostly and just got caught up with the last several pages

It seems like every response from Atari SA to their backers could have been written by our Mike Kennedy... either that, or the same things are just said with these schemes and shenanigans. Do they have some sort of phrase book that they use....

Yeah, I want the last 2 hours of my life back please, these guys sound like Sarah at this point. F*&^king stupid lies.

i didn't see this posted yet, but here's the 'unofficial fan site'.

https://vcstalk.com/index.php

We should all sign up and then do nothing but talk about the 1977 Atari VCS...That would be Golden!

(Probably doesn't need to be said, but...Yes, I'm only kidding...)

Fixed that for you. Great idea btw! Yes, I signed up. Pretending to be an ignorant newbie. We'll see what happens! :evil:

Screengrab posted for posterity...

post-33189-0-01081200-1529881537_thumb.png

https://vcstalk.com/index.php/topic,10.0.html

Feel free to contribute. Make it the biggest topic on site... :grin: :thumbsup:

• Like 1