IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

AtariNerd, you just described a desktop PC. :-D

You mean I can go have it all by just getting a modest PC/laptop, and if I really need to, get a Retron 77 or the new flashback (when it is available)? Gosh, I didn't think of that. I am clearly not eating enough tacos.

• Like 2

Alright, then ill get the woodgrain model with the two controllers. Face it, im going to be trolled no matter what i do xD

It's your money...spend it where you will.

You're mostly going to get trolled for sounding like a child. I figured you had to be a young teen. Good God, man. At 29...

• Like 2

Alright, then ill get the woodgrain model with the two controllers. Face it, im going to be trolled no matter what i do xD

you are almost 30 and still have to be reminded how to better spend your money by your daddy. WTF DO YOU EXPECT

here's some advice from a adult only a mere 10 years older than you

if you have to choose between spending money on a toy or anyfucking thing else, and you choose the toy, you loose

toys are what you spend your extra money on, not just the money you have

Edited by Osgeld
  • Like 3

This has to be the worst advice I've ever heard! Fuck people and the outdoors. Lame.

Your father gave you good advice (not caught up on posts). Save the money to spend time with your girl friend. Seriously. I mean it. Human interaction and spending time with the people you care about is more important than even a real console.

Now stay off the internet for a few days. When ever I question something or asking "is that a good idea", I know it probably isn't, and if I can't let it go, leave it be. Go spend time with your dad, volunteer at your local animal shelter, kick soccer balls at a field until your feet fall off, help out with chores your parents may struggle with, meals on wheels. Stressing over real consoles isn't worth it, and stressing over something you deep down know will be crap surely isn't worth it.

Can you hear that sound? It's the sound of door about to close on your chance to pull your money out of this boondoggle...

Less than five hours for Nutari to make their "big announcement". It won't be, "Gotcha, suckas!", but it might as well be. :D

post-4305-0-56161200-1530324686.png

Edited by Shamus
  • Like 4

They're allowed to add new perks and remove ones that haven't been claimed. It's just the ones that have been claimed that cannot be altered.

So, if you've offered up an Atari watch and someone's bought it, tough luck. It's on there for all to see.

Wait. Have you guys checked the Atari Gameband Indiegogo page lately? They've actually changed a lot. You can no longer buy any Gameband on Indiegogo and ALL of the reward tiers are now empty aside from one droid edition watch, mysteriously. The others show 0 backers which we know isn't true, if you just look at my last video I show the campaign page and there clearly are backers listed there.
Yes, there is still an amount raised listed, but it's part of Indiegogo's old trickery. If you hover your mouse over the question mark you can see it was raised on another platform [read: Kickstarter]
But $325,996 minus $325,996 raised on Kickstarter = $0 raised on Indiegogo. So I don't know what to make of this. Did they refund all of the Indiegogo backers? Did they just erase their pledges? Did Gameband ask them to do it? Atari? Or did Indiegogo do it on their own?
Either way. It doesn't look right and once again - no update to clear it up.
  • Like 6

This has to be the worst advice I've ever heard! Fuck people and the outdoors. Lame.

Reading this and recent Lodmot's comments makes me think that the much derided WHO classification was perhas not so far off after all.

What is gaming disorder?

Gaming disorder is a pattern of gaming behavior characterized by impaired control over gaming, increasing priority given to gaming over other activities to the extent that gaming takes precedence over other interests and daily activities, and continuation or escalation of gaming despite the occurrence of negative consequences.

For gaming disorder to be diagnosed, the behaviour pattern must be of sufficient severity to result in significant impairment in personal, family, social, educational, occupational or other important areas of functioning

• Like 2

Might I turn your attention to this as you might find it educational?

What does "Over your head" mean?

Answers below cover the meanings, but nobody notes that there are two separate idioms here:

In over your head - Out of your depth, a swimming metaphor. Im in over my head = I am faced with a situation which is beyond my abilities to deal with.

X went over your head - a ball game metaphor. If something went over your head, you failed to catch (=understand) it. You have missed the point of something that someone said to you. Particularly used when someone misunderstands a joke or an allusion and responds to the literal substance of what was said, or when someone butts into a discussion to talk about something secondary to the main issue.

Reading this and recent Lodmot's comments makes me think that the much derided WHO classification was perhas not so far off after all.

That and they want to raise the end of adolescence from 18 to 24...WTF!?!?!?!?!?!?

And Lod, spend the money of your girlfriend (LD or not), trust me it's well worth it over a non-existant console. (Or just build your own Ataribox, whatever...)

Edited by MrMaddog

Wait. Have you guys checked the Atari Gameband Indiegogo page lately? They've actually changed a lot. You can no longer buy any Gameband on Indiegogo and ALL of the reward tiers are now empty aside from one droid edition watch, mysteriously. The others show 0 backers which we know isn't true, if you just look at my last video I show the campaign page and there clearly are backers listed there.
Yes, there is still an amount raised listed, but it's part of Indiegogo's old trickery. If you hover your mouse over the question mark you can see it was raised on another platform [read: Kickstarter]
But $325,996 minus $325,996 raised on Kickstarter = $0 raised on Indiegogo. So I don't know what to make of this. Did they refund all of the Indiegogo backers? Did they just erase their pledges? Did Gameband ask them to do it? Atari? Or did Indiegogo do it on their own?
Either way. It doesn't look right and once again - no update to clear it up.

That's interesting, and this would be a first from Indiegogo if they actually did something about a campaign that's already finished with the money having been handed over.

Some further investigation is called for.

• Like 2

That's interesting, and this would be a first from Indiegogo if they actually did something about a campaign that's already finished with the money having been handed over.

Some further investigation is called for.

Agreed. If they handed out refunds unannounced you would think at least one of the backers would show up in the comments and ask what gives. It looks more like they're wiping the slate clean.

Actually I'd piss on that. Sega was my childhood, and I never got used to it when they left consoles. XD

If this Indiegogo campaign was for a new Sega console, you would never have convinced me to pull out of it even if it was a scam. Lol.

It was even difficult pulling out of this one because I'm fascinated with the Atari brand, and I also like supporting the underdog. xD

Sony and Microsoft are shit in my eyes. So yeah... XD

Dude get something like this for a pi case: https://www.etsy.com/listing/587749468/pitari-raspberry-pi-3-case-retropie

Buy a raspberry pi 3

And send me your micro sd and i will load retropi on it with Genesis, Atari, Psx, mes snes etc. Save you a shit ton of money

• Like 1

Dude get something like this for a pi case: https://www.etsy.com/listing/587749468/pitari-raspberry-pi-3-case-retropie

Buy a raspberry pi 3

And send me your micro sd and i will load retropi on it with Genesis, Atari, Psx, mes snes etc. Save you a shit ton of money

Done that too. xD

Here's the one I built out of a real Sega Genesis Model 2 shell:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wTxhPr2Z88

To be fair though, the one you linked me to is actually pretty sick!

Edited by Lodmot
  • Like 2