IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

What about Atariage being liable for it's user's posts ?

I mean, I know UK law, but I'm not 100% with US Law. But, posting in a pack mentality, with many posts really close to libel. Atariage, would/could be liable for it's user's posts. So, it wouldn't be you getting sued, it could/would be Atariage.

You really they'd go to court against users and/or AtariAge because several people here wrote that the emperor has no clothes? I am not common with UK law, but in order to prove libel according to german law they'd have to provide evidence that the AtariBox exists and/or they are working on it seriously. If it exists, why didn't show it in their campaign? if they are working on it, why is there not a shred of information regarding the process in their campaign?

If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck, only a Centauri would refer to it as a cat.

• Like 9

So I was sizing up my Atari console collection today and a thought occurred to me. This will be the new Atari console family. Lots of great hardware, some with different parentage than others.

Pong and Assorted Plug & Play

XEGS

Jaguar

VCS

I wonder how many obsessive collectors (myself included) will be tempted to support the VCS just because they don't want a hole in their collection?

• Like 2

I wonder how many obsessive collectors (myself included) will be tempted to support the VCS just because they don't want a hole in their collection?

Without asking all 11,000 of them, I doubt we'll ever know. Completionism would be my guess. It's a terrible disease, and the only cure is MORE ATARI.

• Like 3

I hope they sell a lot more than 11,000 of them or I may have a hard time finding a dirt cheap used one. :D

Fast forward to September 2019 - "Oh, I suppose I could take that nasty VCS that is hogging space in your garage for say $10? Yes, you can pay me cash."

Edited by SIO2

Other perspectives and opposing views are welcome. People who repeatedly violate forum rules, and/or people who openly encourage others in doing so, are not.

Nice to see rule enforcement only I wonder why the mob of people calling people multiple variations of stupid and other forms of harassment get to do so with impunity? Selective forum moderation?

• Like 1

Nice to see rule enforcement only I wonder why the mob of people calling people multiple variations of stupid and other forms of harassment get to do so with impunity? Selective forum moderation?

Nothing selective on our end, at least not intentionally so. If you can point us to a post that has not already been dealt with in which one member is openly harassing another, or violating forum rules in some other way, we'd like to know about it.

• Like 6

It's not my job to moderate your forums although I appreciate the interest. Might take you 15-20 minutes of browsing through pages of this forum and you'll find lots of what I described. Not hard to find with minimal effort. I would also point out that on many other forums online people refer to AtariAge in an extremely negative way for this behavior. This thread in particular as of late.

It's not my job to moderate your forums although I appreciate the interest. Might take you 15-20 minutes of browsing through pages of this forum and you'll find lots of what I described. Not hard to find with minimal effort. I would also point out that on many other forums online people refer to AtariAge in an extremely negative way for this behavior. This thread in particular as of late.

so you're contributing to the thread at hand how, then? i don't see really what other forums think of a forum really has to do with anything.

have you participated in earnest in any other AA thread lately?

• Like 9

We do not ask anyone to "moderate our forums" for us. There are only a handful of us moderators, and we can't always be everywhere at once, which is why every post has a "Report" button; that's how a self-policing community is supposed to work. If there were "lots" of harassment and abuse happening, it wouldn't be difficult for anyone to find an example and report it. If, on the other hand, the community has come to the consensus that anyone supporting "Atari SA" is foolish to do so, and you simply don't like that consensus, that's not abuse or harassment, nor is it a moderation issue.

As for what other forums think about AtariAge ... speaking only for myself, I really and truly do not care.

• Like 15

It's not my job to moderate your forums although I appreciate the interest. I would also point out that on many other forums online people refer to AtariAge in an extremely negative way for this behavior. This thread in particular as of late.

Some other forum mentions about AtariAge tend to go as follows:

"Why do I have to find out about this on AtariAge? This should be something the creators are telling backers here!"

"If not for the rabble rousers over at AtariAge I might have been dumb enough to give over my money to these crooks!"

"Look, I don't care what the haters over at AtariAge say, I just want a great console that competes with PS2 and XBox!"

"I'm getting the collectors edition day one! I don't care what they say on AtariAge, it's a solid investment!"

"They'll definitely launch on December 14th. Ignore the haters at AtariAge."

"Atari stock is a solid investment with future growth and great numbers! Don't listen to the folks at AtariAge."

...and so on.

• Like 8

I actually want to see the VCS made. In fact I think they will produce something. If they don't, all those rabble rousers will say "I told you so" so loudly that Atari will never be able to show their faces in public again.

• Like 1