IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

Dinner on this lovely Taco Tuesday at my favorite chain taco joint! I put a big blue circle over the delicious potato oles (the things that you people refer to as tater tots) just for my friends here so we can keep the thread on topic - TACOS!!!

post-42460-0-03407900-1532471208_thumb.jpg

post-42460-0-87284100-1532471271_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pink
  • Like 1

When I was visiting my girlfriend in Canada, we went to a place for lunch called Taco Time. o u o Anyone ever heard of it? 0:

Yup, I was talking about them earlier in the thread. Never been to one though. None in Minnesota or Wisconsin, and Illinois and Iowa both only have two Taco Time locations each (Based on the data I found on some random website, no clue how old or outdated it is)

They're a regional chain in a handful of states and Canada with around 300-400 locations, just like Taco Johns (Taco Johns has around 400 locations too!) Only difference is the markets that they serve. They both serve completely different states for the most part and have very little overlap.

Taco Time locations

post-42460-0-49844400-1532482910.png

Taco Johns locations

post-42460-0-41252800-1532482916_thumb.png

Edited by Pink

We only have Taco Bell and Taco Cabana as chains in Houston.

But we must have 3,000 independent taco stands, trucks and brick and mortars. They are just everywhere. And most are pretty darn good.

And Lordy no telling how many just Mexican restaurants we have, not Taco places but full menu type places. Its insane but Im not complaining.

Edited by RugglesTx
  • Like 5

When I was visiting my girlfriend in Canada, we went to a place for lunch called Taco Time. o u o Anyone ever heard of it? 0:

Taco Time is absofuckinglutely awful.

I've been to a few of them in different states (largely due to no better options being around at the time), and all were bad - but the Las Vegas location just off of I-15 as you leave the city to the South is particularly foul.

As a friend of mine put it: "They sell tacos. And there's a clock on the wall! Do you get it? THEY DON'T!"

That's about the best summary of them, IMHO.

• Like 2

There are three taco chains in Australia, and they're all something of a product of needing twenty-odd hours air travel to get to somewhere where they know what Mexican food is.

Guzman Y Gomez - It's got a Mexican name so I guess that makes it the most authentic.

Mad Mex - If you can picture what tacos might be like in the post-apocalyptic radioactive wasteland, they're the joint for you.

Salsa's - If you scatter red dust over crinkle cut chips, apparently that's Mexican too.

Suffice it to say that I'll be making my own for dinner.

Ah yea Dried Grasshopper Tacos. Yes they are real served at a super hipster NY restaurant that advocates eating bugs to save the environment.

TOLOACHE, NEW YORK, NY

Grasshopper-tacos_photo-via-@thedailymea

Awesome that a restaurant would name itself after a dangerous and highly hallucinogenic/deliriant plant. Toloache is another word for Datura Wrightii or Datura Inoxia, two plants in the nightshade family..

I may have posted this before, but I used to go to a Mexican restaurant here in Hawaii called Cha Cha Salsaria. The first time I visited, I looked around and said "This looks like you serve real Mexican food". The owner smiled and said "It is! I have real Mexicans in the kitchen!" and the two cooks smiled and waved at me. I became a regular once or twice a week during the time I was working in the area and the cooks always smiled and waved when they saw me! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Sadly, the last time I visited years ago, the cooks were different the food nowhere as good as it used to be. :?

• Like 1

Whenever the Powerball jackpot is ridiculously high, i'll sometimes buy one, or maybe two tickets with a group of friends. It's a fun novelty and it's fun to imagine for a few hours what I would do if I end up winning. But that's about the only time I ever buy Powerball tickets or any kind of lottery or scratch off tickets of any kind. I once bought a ticket with the numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and the clerk laughed and said I will never win with those numbers. I ended up saying while you are absolutely correct that I most likely am not going to win (It's a 1 in 292 million chance after all) I have the same exact chance of winning with that set of numbers as I do with any other set of numbers.

I have spent small amounts on our national lottery several years back, but never won significant amounts (small "wins" only that required three correctly guessed numbers). I would never bet on a regular pattern though, because way too many people do and they all only get the fair share (proof: when on January 23, 1998 the drawn numbers were 24, 25, 26, 30, 31, 32 (we have to choose 6 out of 49 numbers, the forms arrange the numbers in a 7 by 7 grid, so these numbers looked very neat on paper) we had 222 winners who had all six numbers correct, each one winning the staggering sum of 84,803.90 German Marks; when on April 10th, 1999 the numbers were 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 26, more than 38K people had five of these correct and each of them won DM 194.24 - usually five correctly guessed numbers win a five-digit or even six-digit sum).

Edited by Thorsten Günther
  • Like 1

Whenever the Powerball jackpot is ridiculously high, i'll sometimes buy one, or maybe two tickets with a group of friends. It's a fun novelty and it's fun to imagine for a few hours what I would do if I end up winning. But that's about the only time I ever buy Powerball tickets or any kind of lottery or scratch off tickets of any kind. I once bought a ticket with the numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and the clerk laughed and said I will never win with those numbers. I ended up saying while you are absolutely correct that I most likely am not going to win (It's a 1 in 292 million chance after all) I have the same exact chance of winning with that set of numbers as I do with any other set of numbers.

the other day I watched the balls drop (forgot which one) and the numbers were 1, 4, 9, 25, and I forget the others. I'm thinking "surely some math geek got lucky with this one," but nobody claimed it. All squares for the first four but the 16 was missing. Bummer. I forget what the 5th one and the powerball was.

the other day I watched the balls drop (forgot which one) and the numbers were 1, 4, 9, 25, and I forget the others. I'm thinking "surely some math geek got lucky with this one," but nobody claimed it. All squares for the first four but the 16 was missing. Bummer. I forget what the 5th one and the powerball was.

Any mathematician worth his salt will have worked out the probabilities of winning lotteries and won't enter them. The pseudo-scientific practice of spotting partial sequences in random data falls under the realms of numerology. You should therefore be surprised that a numerologist didn't win it. :)

• Like 6

at Casa Del Digdug, i tend to season hamburger with onion powder, red/black pepper mix, chili powder, garlic powder, and seasoned salt. if it's chicken i vary it a little, but i do really like the Weber 'Kickin' Chicken' blend.

We used to use Red Monkey but they changed their business model and don't really carry blends anymore.