IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

Dinner on this lovely Taco Tuesday at my favorite chain taco joint! I put a big blue circle over the delicious potato oles (the things that you people refer to as tater tots) just for my friends here so we can keep the thread on topic - TACOS!!!

attachicon.giftj1.jpg

attachicon.giftj2.jpg

I love Taco John's, but too bad there's very few in NE Illinois, and too bad they sue anyone who uses the phrase "taco tuesday."

Actually, Taco John's is kind of like current Atari.. Except that Taco Johns has a product that they can produce, and that people actually want.

• Like 5

I'm personally a fan of Alton Brown's Taco Potion #19:

2 tbsp. chili powder

1 tbsp. ground cumin

2 tsp. cornstarch

2 tsp. kosher salt

1.5 tsp. hot smoked paprika

1 tsp. ground coriander

0.5 tsp. cayenne pepper

That, plus a medium onion (chopped) and two cloves of garlic (minced) is enough to season one pound of ground beef (full recipe here).

• Like 5

2 tbsp. chili powder

1 tbsp. ground cumin

2 tsp. cornstarch

2 tsp. kosher salt

1 tsp. ground coriander

0.5 tsp. cayenne pepper

That, plus a medium onion (chopped) and two cloves of garlic (minced) is enough to season one pound of ground beef (full recipe here).

I love AB. Megamanfan once got me his autograph. Must try this.

Going out on a limb here...

Anybody else really kinda like Jack In The Box tacos?

I mean that soft while cruncy shell and paste like meat has a certain appeal to me for some reason.

They are even better after 10pm for some reason.

Edited by RugglesTx

Going out on a limb here...

Anybody else really kinda like Jack In The Box tacos?

I mean that soft while cruncy shell and pasty meat has a certain appeal to me for some reason.

They are even better after 10pm for some reason.

You should read the entire 400 plus thread.

2 tbsp. chili powder

1 tbsp. ground cumin

2 tsp. cornstarch

2 tsp. kosher salt

1 tsp. ground coriander

0.5 tsp. cayenne pepper

the Boss likes cumin and coriander in hers- i'm boring, lol

So, I was looking up Asphalt 9 on TouchArcade and thought, "Say... I wonder if them Atari fellas still make games?"

And low and behold... Atari actually announced an actual game they're going to actually ship next month!

Although it's not a new game.

Just an update to Rollercoaster Tycoon Touch...

https://toucharcade.com/2018/07/24/a-big-rollercoaster-tycoon-touch-update-is-coming-next-month/

Actually, Nvizzio Creations is the developer. And Atari only licenses the Rollercoaster Tycoon IP from Chris Sawyer...

So calling it an "Atari" game is being a bit charitable.

But hey - at least they're shipping something!

Well, not shipping. Publishing. There is no shipping with a digital-only release.

Anyway... they kind-of did something! Go Ataribox!

Still waiting for Night Driver...

https://toucharcade.com/2018/02/27/night-driver-soft-launch/

It's only available in Canada.

I guess they have to finish localizing the language for the U.S. or something...

• Like 5

In other news, the C64 mini (Commodore 64 Mini) is finally coming to North America on October 9!

https://www.gameinformer.com/2018/07/23/commodore-64-mini-coming-to-north-america-on-october-9

If they ever actually release the firmware update to fix the issue of only being able to have 1 game at a time on a USB stick, and the price is reasonable, i'll probably get one.

Folks, I am working hard with my engineers to get a fix sorted for this ASAP! I've been phoning Dave Haynie non-stop but he won't pick up the phone. Even RJ Mical seemingly won't help me.

Edited by CommodoreCEO

Folks, I am working hard with my engineers to get a fix sorted for this ASAP! I've been phoning Dave Haynie non-stop but he won't pick up the phone. Even RJ Mical seemingly won't help me.

Bribe them with tacos. It always works.

• Like 5

Hmm, Taco chains, Lottery odds, old music (I'm going thru a Mantronix phase right now), what about Games?

I saw someone made some extra new rooms in Montezuma's Revenge for Atari 8 bit. I go along with what Lodmot was saying about the big modern games on PS4. They're fine but I have almost no interest in Call of duty etc. I love the Art produced by the graphic limitations on old 2600, 5200, A8, 7800 or even C64, Amiga or Atari ST. So I think if Atari SA is reading along maybe we should all chip in with what we would like to see in terms of "new" content.

I loved Montezumas revenge (I think I played it on C64 but hey ho). So to get more rooms with same graphics and gameplay is just what I would really like to see in some titles Atari still has the rights to.

A great example of what I don't want is that updated Yars revenge that we saw in a screen shot many pages back: I think it was a PC update. Actually it was an appalling abortion of an update.

I'd prefer something like Yars return in the flashbacks (Not sure if Curt Vendel did that himself on the FB2...) Its more like a remix with the same kinda 8 bit/VCS graphics.

Just about my favorite game that I know Atari still owns is Arcade Crystal Castles. If they have any sense at all, they would expand that (better word than update) using the same graphics, same resolution same sprite animation. Feel free to hugely expand the playfield though. You know how Q-bert just has his pyramid to bounce around on? I loved how Flip and Flop has a similar isometric hopping around on tiles scheme but had a bigger area to play on which scrolled around as you moved rather than flipping static screens.

I would attach images / embed video examples of all of the above but its late in Ye Olde Nottinham town and I have to get up early for work but if anyone else wants to post a few videos of the stuff I mentioned, feel free!

In conclusion, Atari SA, expand classic titles and maybe make em nuVCS exclusives if you wanna sell some boxes, don't do some bat-shit update which really looks nothing like the original! (see Yars 2011 on youtube! Bollocks!)

Talk to the guy who expanded Montezuma.....

• Like 2