IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

Now I get it... Atari == Shinola!

"I always wondered how the Shinola people felt about that. 'Hi, I'm the new guy from Shinola!'" -- George Carlin

Edited by Inky
  • Like 2

"So much more than games and multimedia," yet that's the only part that interests me in the least.

Open it up and that's what their tab label says. "Atari - So much more than video games"

Did I miss the part where they actually started making video games again?

• Like 7

It seems to be intermittent. I just tried it on a Windows machine to see if I got the same page that Lodmot was getting, but by then the site was down again. Given that it's a new site, we probably just need to allow enough time for DNS propagation and the like.

When I launched the new iteration of megatoxic.com (my website), I had none of those problems. I also did 2 other websites -- one for my mom's business and another for my dad's online business. None of those had these kind of "DNS propagation" issues. Atari had to have embedded code in their HTML header, etc. for those ads to just pop up like that onscreen when you click around. Either that, or the provider they're using is doing that...

EDIT: Okay, so now it works fine all of a sudden.... o-o;; What the actual fuck?

Edited by Lodmot

When I launched the new iteration of megatoxic.com (my website), I had none of those problems. I also did 2 other websites -- one for my mom's business and another for my dad's online business. None of those had these kind of "DNS propagation" issues.

If you didn't make any changes to the DNS entries for those sites, you wouldn't have had DNS-related issues. It can be a real problem, however.

Atari had to have embedded code in their HTML header, etc. for those ads to just pop up like that onscreen when you click around. Either that, or the provider they're using is doing that...

Or something on your local machine, in a caching web proxy, or remote DNS (because cached DNS can be poisoned, modified in transit, or just flat-out screwed up by an admin) was shafted.

Most likely, someone involved with the hosting of the site - be that an admin, hosting company, CDN, or other - just let it barf undetected for a week. Occam's Razor and all that.

• Like 3

As this train wreck persues, I am becoming more and more accepting of the fact that I may have dumped $33 of my hard earned dollars (joystick only tier) into a dumpster fire. And surprisingly enough, I'm okay with that. :dunce:

cT7CXmT.gif

The message: I like what you are trying to do, even though you clearly have no frickin' idea how to do it.

• Like 4

When I launched the new iteration of megatoxic.com (my website), I had none of those problems. I also did 2 other websites -- one for my mom's business and another for my dad's online business. None of those had these kind of "DNS propagation" issues. Atari had to have embedded code in their HTML header, etc. for those ads to just pop up like that onscreen when you click around. Either that, or the provider they're using is doing that...

DNS propagation would take longer for more frequently-visited or longer-established domains, since more DNS servers would have the old records cached. It also depends on the changes you made; launching a new version of a site on an existing server would not require any DNS updates. If it's working for you now, your ISP's DNS server probably just received the update.

• Like 1

"Available now"

post-39941-0-36078000-1532976305.jpg

Not sure why the screencap's a bit blurry. Scroll down Atari's page to see it.

I'm curious where they're available. Woolworth?

It looks like a side view of steps of an escalator to nowhere. Wait an minute....that's like saying about Atari SA's project.

post-18158-0-87213600-1533014577.jpg

• Like 4

So, I guess the VCS is going to trash the opposition then. :-D

Anyway, I like the way how the original XBox put up such a valiant fight where the 360 pretty much disintegrated immediately on contact. That speaks volumes about their relative build quality.

It looks like a side view of steps of an escalator to nowhere. Wait an minute....that's like saying about Atari SA's project.

giphy.gif

So, I guess the VCS is going to trash the opposition then. icon_biggrin.gif

Another way of looking at it would be that they're taking in all the ideas of well-supported, much-beloved toys and spitting out useless metal confetti.

giphy.gif

I'm still trying to find out why it says "Availabile now" under the picture, and where I can pick one up today. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

giphy.gif

There's at least one backer on here who is so happy to have gotten an early bird Onyx system. No pics though. icon_lol.gif

Surely you didn't miss all the Tubers accusing them of fraud? This is yet another piece of evidence that will be used to show they've been deceptive about their Box all along. All that's needed is a few more months and a lawsuit.

I just tried to archive a snapshot of atari.com on Wayback, but they've added a robots.txt file, the tricky bastards! It's OK, a company that allows their main corporate site to go dark for a week is unlikely to fix their misleading image.

In the meantime, I look forward to the rants. icon_lol.gif

https://youtu.be/9cSTe71X-80

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKjJix3PLMk&

Remember when. Play again. So much more than an Ouya. Simple as that. Wishful thinking. Keep the faith.

No refunds.

• Like 4

So I went and checked out the new Atari website, and when I clicked on the "ATARI VCS" section it opened one of those fake "virus" alert pages with the computerized voice saying "Security alert! Your computer has been attacked by a virus remotely, etc. etc. etc". Not even kidding here...

Is this shit for real? >.>

Looks like your system is the problem. See what happens when you support Atari SA :)

• Like 1

Looks like your system is the problem. See what happens when you support Atari SA :)

Lol, the issue already fixed itself. Turns out it was a completely normal effect (though it's admittedly very strange that it behaved such a way with those ads O.o)

I have to give credit to Atari-- at least they actually updated their website. The software company I work for still hasn't even changed to a responsive design yet. . 3 .

Edited by Lodmot

Today in tacos:

Chipotle's new CEO is from Taco Bell and has aspirations to turn it into a "lifestyle brand."

(Is it just a matter of time until Chipotle launches a fashion collection complete with burrito hoodies and “guac is extra” t-shirts?)

So perhaps now is the time to persuade the new guy to acquire "Atari," since they too aspire to "speak to a whole new generation of fans as a pop-culture lifestyle brand."

I like Chipotle as is. I liked Atari up to the 1996 sell-off. I fear for the future of burritos and ancient video games.

Can someone please photoshop this into a taco shell? Looking at you, Franko.

post-2410-0-00031400-1533057340_thumb.png

• Like 6