IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

LOL

It did go up immediately after that conversation -- probably because of brainless speculation when "Atari" said they were going to monetize blockchain and cryptocurrency. It slid right back down again when it was clear they had zero capacity to do any such thing.

post-2410-0-37014500-1537193489.png

The guy drops pearls of wisdom all the time, but seems to be off the Atari pump+dump train.

post-2410-0-20532800-1537193924.png

post-2410-0-40151900-1537193936.png

Meanwhile,

post-2410-0-20902500-1537193980.png

post-2410-0-52160900-1537194076.png

• Like 5

This is your brain....BRAIN.png
mizz141
over 1 year ago
@creator
You made me even more excited about the Droid Limited Edition!
Chris Forsythe
over 1 year ago
I'm so pumped for Gameband! Can't wait to see what's ins store for the future!
Ralph Valdes
over 1 year ago
Awesome, psyched for this product
This is your brain on crowdfunding....black-t-shirt-homer-brain.jpg
mizz141
4 days ago
I was eager getting my Watch, As a Student it was really hard to earn this much money I backed the DROID Edition and was really hyped for it... the Updates were there and everything was looking great! now its just silence, My money gone, my watch gone, all I want is my money back, not even a watch, I dont even care about this project anymore, it was my first EVER project backed here on Kickstarter, since then I backed multiple more and multiples of them are either still updating or have shipped, and then, there is Feargal Mac, the founder This LITTLE F#@KING PEACE OF F#@KS WHICH STILE ALL OF OUR F#@KING MONEY AND STILL DOESNT EVEN COMMENT! THIS SIMPLY IS PURE AUTISTIC GARBAGE! F#@K YOU! F#@K FEARGAL, F#@K THIS SHITTY SDK, F#@K PEOPLE, F#@K EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS F#@KING PROJECT! AND GOODBYE!
Chris Forsythe
3 days ago
I wish Kickstarter could do something about making these scum bag scam artists to refund our money, or at the very least, GIVE US THE F#@KING WATCH that they promised us. This campaign is the one reason that I don't back projects on here anymore, and it's a shame, there are a lot of cool things that I would love to back, but this project has given me a sort of PTSD with backing projects. They need to give back the over three thousand dollars back to the over one thousand of us that tossed money at it. I should have just taken the 150 USD that I used to back this thing and toss it into a fire, then I would have at least gotten a little bit more use out of it for warmth.
Ralph Valdes
about 1 month ago
I think it’s over folks. Don’t think you’re getting $ back cause you’re not. Peace. What a letdown Feargal.

240_F_48874369_c4UCxL5r1W5lxrDJnk4Ae43Zz

• Like 14

Any sport where felony assault results in a two-minute bench penalty is fine by me icon_mrgreen.gif

Besides, I grew up playing rugby. This whole thing with pads and helmets and being able to pass forward and half-time shows and play stopping every nine seconds for at least 30 minutes... It makes no sense to me. Can't call it football, American or otherwise. It's Handegg icon_razz.gif

8LFymYH.jpg

I played handegg for most of my younger life and I laughed way to hard at this

• Like 5

Oh brother, the "financially independent" people are a cult in and of themselves. I mean, it's great to have a goal to retire early, but these people think they're the only ones who ever had the bright idea that earning money was a good thing. Apparently the rest of us are lazy bums.

• Like 8

Oh brother, the "financially independent" people are a cult in and of themselves. I mean, it's great to have a goal to retire early, but these people think they're the only ones who ever had the bright idea that earning money was a good thing. Apparently the rest of us are lazy bums.

ya you lazy bum!

• Like 1

The more I think about it, I'm starting to think PowerDump's intentions are just to brag and make money from investing in an old name and not for the actual playing of the games. I don't even think he has even played any actual Atari game in his life.

And the intention to just troll (and it may be nothing more than that).

So did the real Atari ever become a sponsor of any sports team? I see that Infogrames has sponsored Olympique Lyon (soccer) and continued doing so when they became Atari. Here is an article about other shirt sponsors through the times, but it doesn't mention Atari anywhere.

Furthermore, another article claims the downfall of the NASL soccer league was linked to the downfall of Atari after the E.T. story. That is a bold claim, that a single company is able to bring down an entire league of sport.

Edited by carlsson
  • Like 1

Professional teams, I'm not sure. There were kids coding camps, that might have had other activities to prevent the kids from killing each other from boredom, probably including sports; but that probably wouldn't count. icon_mrgreen.gif Closest thing back in the day, I can remember, is they were a sponsor for the Olympics once, with some rare-ish commemorative swag out there - pins, duffel bags, shirts - maybe other apparel.

• Like 1

So did the real Atari ever become a sponsor of any sports team? I see that Infogrames has sponsored Olympique Lyon (soccer) and continued doing so when they became Atari. Here is an article about other shirt sponsors through the times, but it doesn't mention Atari anywhere.

Furthermore, another article claims the downfall of the NASL soccer league was linked to the downfall of Atari after the E.T. story. That is a bold claim, that a single company is able to bring down an entire league of sport.

Professional teams, I'm not sure. There were kids coding camps, that might have had other activities, to prevent the kids from killing each other from boredom, probably, including sports; but that probably wouldn't count. icon_mrgreen.gif Closest thing back in the day, I can remember, is they were a sponsor for the Olympics once, with some rare-ish commemorative swag out there - pins, duffel bags, shirts - maybe other apparel.

Not Atari but, Nintendo of America purchased the Seattle Mariners baseball team in 1992 and owned them until 2016 (I think they still have a 10% ownership share, so they didn't completely divest from it)

https://www.atarimagazines.com/v2n11/Atariusolympicteam.html

Mostly, the commercial Olympics tie-in I remember most from that time, is the one from McDonalds. I think I might have the details in my mind muddled with their Monopoly tie-in, but I remember that the US scored quite a few medals, that games, and our family scored quite a few bags of fries. ;)

• Like 1