IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

I liked that you used an Alamy stock photo, seems very fitting of something Atari SA would do, steal a stock photo they don't own (whether intentional or unintentionally) then use it in their marketing, or on their website or something.

And referring back to that Atari box of junk from Target, I'm glad im not the only one that isn't a fan of expensive, licensed novelty garbage knickknacks. Not just video games but things like anything NFL or NBA related, mainly because the bulk of the cost is for the licensing fees (That's why a $3 tshirt becomes $25-40 when they slap a pro sports team logo on it) If I see some licensed knick-knack of some sort that's on clearance dirt cheap, sure maybe i'll grab it. But i'm not going to spend $15-30 on a keychain or a coffee mug with a Atari, Nintendo, or Minnesota Vikings logo when you could get the same exact thing with no logo for like $2-3. And i'm the kind of person that only buys something if I need it and am looking for it. Was at the Mall of America in Bloomington, MN once with my sisters and some friends once and one of my sisters (the one that I live with) bought some $30 water bottle with some Legend of Zelda logo on it only because it had the logo, she had no intention or need of buying a water bottle and was not planning on buying one, just that she saw it and "had to have it!" because of the logo and ended up blowing $30 on something that sits at home in the cup board and gathers dust.

Edited by Pink
  • Like 6

I liked that you used an Alamy stock photo, seems very fitting of something Atari SA would do, steal a stock photo they don't own (whether intentional or unintentionally) then use it in their marketing, or on their website or something.

And referring back to that Atari box of junk from Target, I'm glad im not the only one that isn't a fan of expensive, licensed novelty garbage knickknacks. Not just video games but things like anything NFL or NBA related, mainly because the bulk of the cost is for the licensing fees (That's why a $3 tshirt becomes $25-40 when they slap a pro sports team logo on it) If I see some licensed knick-knack of some sort that's on clearance dirt cheap, sure maybe i'll grab it. But i'm not going to spend $15-30 on a keychain or a coffee mug with a Atari, Nintendo, or Minnesota Vikings logo when you could get the same exact thing with no logo for like $2-3. And i'm the kind of person that only buys something if I need it and am looking for it. Was at the Mall of America in Bloomington, MN once with my sisters and some friends once and one of my sisters (the one that I live with) bought some $30 water bottle with some Legend of Zelda logo on it only because it had the logo, she had no intention or need of buying a water bottle and was not planning on buying one, just that she saw it and "had to have it!" because of the logo and ended up blowing $30 on something that sits at home in the cup board and gathers dust.

I get my officially licenced Giants (for me and my son) or Jets (for my wife) NFL merchandise at 5 and Below. They are last year's stuff that is marked down 10X-20X the retail price. The selection is limited but what they have is pretty nice and very cheap. My son likes to come and see what Skylanders characters are selling in the 5 for $5 packages.

My son also has a $9.99 Speaker Hat. It's a nice toy for him but it has completely crappy audio. It looks just like the 20X more ...$199 Atari Speaker Hat but without the Atari logo.

And finally being the cheap ass that I am bought a new NY Rangers Nash officially licensed NHL jersey for $20... two weeks after Nash was traded to the Boston Bruins.

Edited by thetick1
  • Like 2

Atari SA is known for using other's work (such as using Opus from Bloom County for a magazine) but goes lawyer crazy when someone else uses the likeness of any of their games (Breakout) or controllers, etc. by individual artists.

That AtariSandwichneeds some "lunch bugs" to go with it.

post-18158-0-50026300-1537914309.jpg

• Like 4

How dare you all blaspheme with this sandwich nonsense! Praise the taco!

Technically, a taco IS a sandwich.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/3fmabu/is_a_taco_a_sandwich/

If you take issue with that, consider that there's a brand custodian out there that calls itself "Atari," and they purport to be assembling a Linux PC which they are calling a "game console."

Reminds me of an interesting (to me, anyway) riddle:

What's the difference between knowledge and wisdom?

Knowledge is knowing that tomatoes are fruits. Wisdom is not putting tomatoes in your fruit salad.

• Like 8

Ok i mostly just lurk here but i need to chime in about how absolutely hilarious it is that someone wants to make an Atari VCS Supercomputer

Also which comes out first? Phillips CD-i Classic or the Atari VCS???

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/09/random_fans_ask_for_a_philips_cd-i_classic_philips_says_we_will_try_our_best

My money is on Phillips on this one. At least they are a company capable of doing it - and yes i know that they literally never will (Just like Atari)

Edited by OBLIVION23
  • Like 1