IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

down doobie doo down down

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2018-11-02 at 8.52.58 AM.png

Note that the highest point was during the height of tulip fever cryptocurrency speculation, during which you could have sold rotten meat with the right buzzword on it.

I wonder if it would be better or worse for "Atari" if they went private? They would be better able to hide their obvious financial issues, but it would be more difficult to obtain other people's money.

Licky boom-boom down!

• Like 1

down doobie doo down down

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2018-11-02 at 8.52.58 AM.png

Note that the highest point was during the height of tulip fever cryptocurrency speculation, during which you could have sold rotten meat with the right buzzword on it.

I wonder if it would be better or worse for "Atari" if they went private? They would be better able to hide their obvious financial issues, but it would be more difficult to obtain other people's money.

lol lol I will show you the chart that Atari will be at 1 Euro hahaha

'new information published in Atari Age' ahahahaha

We aren't even getting announcements about an upcoming announcement anymore. How disappointing. Maybe there is nothing else to say other than "We taken your money and wasted it, so it is now gone. Sorry".

I tried to find a video about taking the money and run, but found nothing suitable. This classic will have to do

Or

• Like 3

let's all hold off on the speculation of imminent complete unmitigated failure until it is all said and done.

Samsung said they would make a folding phone and this week might be the new cell phone La revolucion, same thing with Atari, they might actually come through xD

All I ever wanted since I was a child (manchild) was an Atari VCS and a smartphone that I can fold up into a Taco. At least one of my dreams will come true :)

When we get word of VCS update to the update i'll be reading it on my Samsung Galaxy Taco Phone.

Edited by OCAT

MAGA (Make ATARI Great Again! :waving:

Seriously though, does anyone seriously believe that Atari, as a brand name could ever become a household name again? All its contemporaries (Mattel, Coleco, etc) are long gone and the videogame industry is locked by Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo, so anything videogame related for Atari is a highly likely no go. But what about something else, maybe computers or something else non-videogame related? Rather than linking to their past, could the name (under whomever owns it) be reborn?

• Like 1

let's all hold off on the speculation of imminent complete unmitigated failure until it is all said and done.

Samsung said they would make a folding phone and this week might be the new cell phone La revolucion, same thing with Atari, they might actually come through xD

All I ever wanted since I was a child (manchild) was an Atari VCS and a smartphone that I can fold up into a Taco. At least one of my dreams will come true :)

When we get word of VCS update to the update i'll be reading it on my Samsung Galaxy Taco Phone.

i don't think it's going to be an imminent complete unmitigated failure, i know it will be an eventual mostly mitigated failure. if Atari SAdface pushes out a box, it will be a box alright, but not what the backers wanted.

(and don't think we didn't notice that your handle backwards is 'taco') ;)

Edited by digdugnate
  • Like 6

Brands occasionally comeback from near death. Lego, Mini, Apple and Nokia would be some examples.

However, they all did it on the back of desirable products that, at least for enough of their audience, had some hope of living up to the hype. If Atari are to do the same they're going to need something good, and the VCS definitely isn't it.

• Like 2

Intellivision/Amico/Tallarico is killing it with the well-written, informative, entertaining status updates. If you're at all interested in this stuff, you should sign up for their mailing list.

Who knows if they can keep it up for a full 2 years (I'm thinking they probably can), but they're running circles around the "why are you doing this again" VCS.

• Like 9