IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

I believe all three of the events I listed had the quality of providing the appearance of a public debut while allowing the scamsters to filter out questions from people who knew what they were talking about.

Like showing off your non-functional models not actually at GDC, but at the hotel across the street?

• Like 6

I like to call him the deadbeat dad of the Xbox ...he likes to talk about how he was part of the original design team, but he doesn't talk about how he bailed/was fired before the thing launched.

one also has to remember how much of a no shit XBoX was

at the peak of pc master race, hey lets take some parts not yet available to the master race (mainly the geforce 3 TI subset) and make a console out of it, oh yea with microsoft petty cash to boot which was what like 10x more than atari's fundraiser

• Like 2

one also has to remember how much of a no shit XBoX was

at the peak of pc master race, hey lets take some parts not yet available to the master race (mainly the geforce 3 TI subset) and make a console out of it, oh yea with microsoft petty cash to boot which was what like 10x more than atari's fundraiser

Oh brother, not the "it's not a real console if it uses some PC-like parts" thing again. I assumed everyone was well past that thought process by now.

• Like 2

Oh brother, not the "it's not a real console if it uses some PC-like parts" thing again. I assumed everyone was well past that thought process by now.

no its nothing like that

its "lets make a real console out of PC parts with a darn near unlimited cash supply and do quite well at it", which was super interesting in 1999

not so much in 2018 when the playing field is pretty much on par

remember when the xbox and 360 launched it was pretty hard to meet system spec's to the at the time PC's for the price ... atari has the exact opposite problem, they want a good chunk of cash for a several year old PC platform that could be had by a laptop for 100 bucks less, or beaten a walmart low end desktop for 100 more

and yes we all know you lub your 8051 integrated into a blah blah blah into a chip ... they suck but try to keep up bill

Edited by Osgeld