IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

“John Phelan” tries to sound like a child of the 80’s from the US, but it seems more likely he is a paid shill or fake account from France/Europe because he uses the British spelling of “favourite”. The A-Team wasn't really shown on tv in the 80’s in Europe, was it? Correct me if I am wrong, but that seemed like a solely US kinda show.

• Like 2

I played it at MWGC last year. It's a bit clunky, but at first I thought it was great. Then 5 seconds later the novelty wore off.

I also had a good time playing it there, and even my wife thought it looked like it would be an awesome coffee table for us. But the price? No.

Screw PONG, it is a new age.

https://www.pjrc.com/guitar-wizards/

OMG. No. Why? WTF? No!

John Phelan tries to sound like a child of the 80s from the US, but it seems more likely he is a paid shill or fake account from France/Europe because he uses the British spelling of favourite. The A-Team wasn't really shown on tv in the 80s in Europe, was it? Correct me if I am wrong, but that seemed like a solely US kinda show.

I think you're wrong. Look him up on YouTube (search for John Phelan Atari) for all the proof you'll need that he's a fan, not a paid performer.

Lots of American TV played in Europe in the 1980s, just not at the same time. I remember watching the "new" 1979 Spider-Man show on the one commercial, non-BBC channel (ITV) in England in 1981 as a kid. There was a TV Guide type magazine called the Radio Times where I'll bet we could find the schedule.

Edit: Yep, ITV had The A-Team on UK television starting in 1983. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1983_in_British_television

• Like 9

I think you're wrong. Look him up on YouTube (search for John Phelan Atari) for all the proof you'll need that he's a fan, not a paid performer.

I turned on closed captioning to watch his videos. Didn't help, probably made it worse. Pretty funny though. :D

Edited by AtariLeaf
  • Like 2

post-2410-0-46013000-1548429480_thumb.png

post-2410-0-09175500-1548429502_thumb.png

post-2410-0-39850100-1548429492_thumb.png

post-2410-0-77248300-1545483848_thumb.jp

Alex can read. Alex is correct. Alex should also check the fine print under every Atari Asterisk®* on their campaign page. We haven't seen any evidence that they've budged past the milestone indicated by the red arrow, above.

There will be tons of exciting updates and new information about games and content coming as we refine the hardware and software between now and day one. As our lead engineer always reminds us: “Hardware takes a while when you are doing it right.”

• Like 6