IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

To really highlight the lack of communication with the VCS; THEC64, who didn't even hit their $150,000 goal, who don't have the namesake of the console they are replicating, have had 133 updates, with 4 updates in December alone. While yes, they had to settle on the C64 Mini before going to the full size, you have to give them credit where credit is due. They don't have the advantage of having the original company name, but they do have dedication. They could have settled with the mini, but now it appears, in the most recent updates, that they are focused on a full-size model planned for this year! So far no technical info has been published (for all we know it's just another shell) but hopefully they will prove that they are making a real product.

• Like 9

To really highlight the lack of communication with the VCS; THEC64, who didn't even hit their $150,000 goal, who don't have the namesake of the console they are replicating, have had 133 updates, with 4 updates in December alone. While yes, they had to settle on the C64 Mini before going to the full size, you have to give them credit where credit is due. They don't have the advantage of having the original company name, but they do have dedication. They could have settled with the mini, but now it appears, in the most recent updates, that they are focused on a full-size model planned for this year! So far no technical info has been published (for all we know it's just another shell) but hopefully they will prove that they are making a real product.

A bit dense you are.... There clearly is no product, but you do make a good point THEC64 delivered with a measly $150,000.

Edited by thetick1

So uh Hebrew is left to right so Atari is עטרי ?

hebrew is right to left.

for those playing at home the letters (read r to l) are ayin-tet-resh-yod.

the ayin is a place holder. it makes no sounds but in alphabets with diacritic vowels, the vowels go below the letter.

tet is a 't'

resh is an 'r'

and yod is a 'y'

if you put "ah" vowels underneath the ayin and the resh and a dot (which makes an "ee" underneath the resh, you get atari.

yay!

• Like 9

Am I dense for thinking that THEC64 crew will deliver on their promise? Or did you assume that I believed Nutari?

No because THEC64 crew posted real details, prototypes, pictures of their manufacturing line. I'm a proud C64 Mini owner. I'll never be a Nuatari owner because speaker hats are lame and generic ones are $10 not the $200 Atari charges. My 9 year old son does like his generic speaker hat. Anyway it was very clear Atari posted fake prototypes. They are nothing but scam artists.

Edited by thetick1
  • Like 1

No because THEC64 crew posted real details, prototypes, pictures of their manufacturing line. I'm a proud C64 Mini owner. I'll never be a Nuatari owner because speaker hats are lame. It was very clear Atari posted fake prototypes. They are nothing but scam artists.

I agree. Hopefully this whole "VCS" charade won't end without some sort of legal action.

hebrew is right to left.

for those playing at home the letters (read r to l) are ayin-tet-resh-yod.

the ayin is a place holder. it makes no sounds but in alphabets with diacritic vowels, the vowels go below the letter.

tet is a 't'

resh is an 'r'

and yod is a 'y'

if you put "ah" vowels underneath the ayin and the resh and a dot (which makes an "ee" underneath the resh, you get atari.

yay!

Yea I'm a bit dyslexic. Oy vey. Thanks for the hebrew lesson.

• Like 1

Didn't Atari say they were croudunding to increase communication with fans/customers?

they must stay secret, highly confidential

I think it's Huge the project, honestly few people believe it

but when we will be that Google Metallurgy is the Atari VCS, we'll see who laughs

but when we will be that Google Metallurgy is the Atari VCS, we'll see who laughs

Highly confidential for what reason? They claimed it was going to be inferior in every aspect compared to anything else on the market. What's the big "top secret" feature the system was going to bring? It's obvious by keeping tight lipped they have nothing what-so-ever and in for the money grab. They couldn't be further from the public if they tried.

• Like 6

Sure, patents and all.

Huge f*ckup.

Nobody is really laughing, we are sad to see what "Atari" has turned into.

• Like 11

Yes, it'll be us, laughing at you.

• Like 8

In 1976, a professor of economic history at the University of California, Berkeley published an essay outlining the fundamental laws of a force he perceived as humanity’s greatest existential threat: Stupidity.
Stupid people, Carlo M. Cipolla explained, share several identifying traits:

• they are abundant,
  • they are irrational, and;
  • they cause problems for others without apparent benefit to themselves

The result is that “stupidity” lowers society’s total well-being and there are no defenses against stupidity. According to Cipolla:

“The only way a society can avoid being crushed by the burden of its idiots is if the non-stupid work even harder to offset the losses of their stupid brethren.”

https://realinvestmentadvice.com/5-universal-laws-of-human-investment-stupidity/

2sesne.jpg

Edited by JBerel
  • Like 12

They told us in one of their updates that it "will be powered by an AMD Bristol Ridge family APU with Radeon R7 graphics and is now going to get 8 gigabytes of unified memory." They also said it will be a Linux box. So what's left to be "highly confidential" about? Maybe that they bamboozled you guys to get funding?

<snip>

Brutal.

Edited by PlaysWithWolves
  • Like 5

Well, that's me trying to be the not-sarcastic, constructive guy. But I already know that mindset doesn't jive with the rest of the world. Lol.

Just asking this so that I can understand your position a little better: what are you seeking to accomplish by engaging Atari SA as you have been?

I get that you want more communication from them - but, past that point, what would you like to see them do or not do? This is where my curiosity is kicking in.

• Like 2