IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

Poor Maxime (who I assume is our own illustrious Max lvi).

He's going to continue to ask ridiculous questions, continue to disregard people's obvious answers to them, and continue to be ignored by "Atari."

All of his "please" and "merci" makes it all the more pathetic. :(

• Like 3

I think we can officially proclaim Ataribox to be a clusterfuck.

Sutton and Rao analyzed countless cases of scaling and expansion, both successful ones and those that ended in disaster. In reviewing the most spectacular failures, they identified three key factors that resulted in the kind of expensive, embarrassing, late-stage collapse that is the hallmark of a clusterfuck. They were:

Illusion. A clusterfuck starts with the decision maker’s belief that a goal is much easier to attain than it actually is.

Yep, "simple as that." Let's pin this one on Fred.

Impatience. A misguided idea alone does not produce a clusterfuck. The idea also needs a champion determined to shove it along, usually over the objections of more-knowledgeable underlings.

Feargal's got a bit of a history with this. Rob too!

Incompetence. When errors of information and timing meet blatantly stupid decisions by people who should know better, disaster tends to ensue.

Mike, they're singing the song of your people!

“People make better decisions when they look into the future and they imagine that they already failed, and they tell a story about what happened,” Sutton says. With better planning, it won’t be a story that has to be bleeped out.

And that's the story of this thread.

• Like 8

But, guis, Atari SA has promised us something special for the next update, making all of our patience and loyalty in waiting the last few months ,with scarce details, totally worth it. Certainly, that means, if their time-line is anything to go by, they'll have a working sample from the lab, pretty close to final form at least, by now, if not already early production samples to test, before final sign-off and beginning of roll-out, in March/April, from the factory. icon_wink.gif

It won't be anything like a promotion of other things, like the Replicade minis or anything else they've licensed their name to, like that new Intellivision thingy, which technically, would be a new console, with Atari games, as promised, but, eh...

I think we can officially proclaim Ataribox to be a clusterfuck.

Yep, "simple as that." Let's pin this one on Fred.

Feargal's got a bit of a history with this. Rob too!

Mike, they're singing the song of your people!

And that's the story of this thread.

Right on the mark. Save this one for the next clusterfuck... I wonder what other current vaporware console am I thinking about where just the names are changed.

It is a template for real life clusterfuck too (let's face it ... vaporware consoles don't exist, so they are can't reflect real life).

Oh... and main meat of this story is tacos. Don't forget that. I've probably have eaten more of those in the last 6-8 months than in the several year prior. I've fed my inner taco.

Edited by cybercylon
  • Like 6

thumbnail-deaf450c2d4183b9309b493f6a7b20

Ronald E. Searfoss Jr.22 hours ago

They couldn’t have given us any less in the last update.

Tommy O'Neil1 day ago

@Atari Your “less is more” notion is going against what your consumers are asking of you (with the exception of James Joseph Sullivan :P). You may have disabled refunds from the Indiegogo project, but people can get it through other means and more will likely do so if this goes on. IndieGoGo’s terms of use say you should provide “quality and substantive updates at least once a month to contributors”, which you’ve clearly broke and can potentially be reported for (if it hasn’t happened already).

Tommy O'Neil1 day ago
Look, all I'm trying to do for you guys as a backer is act as a brake pedal for you, as you're speeding towards a brick wall.

NcRS5nW.giftenor.gif
CHrNbT4.gifcctaco.gif
giphy.gif

• Like 6

“People make better decisions when they look into the future and they imagine that they already failed, and they tell a story about what happened,” Sutton says. With better planning, it won’t be a story that has to be bleeped out."

Problem: Whenever I do that I loose the gumption needed to start anything.

Granted, within the context of this thread it still makes sense, since Atari SA shouldn't be trying to make a console. I'm just trying to warn folks that overly negative thinking can be just as dangerous as overly positive thinking.

Please do not confuse doing things badly with not doing anything at all. By imagining what could go wrong before you do it, you can avoid stupid mistakes.

You can make your own Linux-based "AtariBox" for the price of commodity hardware, without paying "Atari" a cent and certainly without waiting.

• Like 7

Ronald E. Searfoss Jr.22 hours ago

They couldn’t have given us any less in the last update.

Tommy O'Neil1 day ago

@Atari Your “less is more” notion is going against what your consumers are asking of you (with the exception of James Joseph Sullivan :P). You may have disabled refunds from the Indiegogo project, but people can get it through other means and more will likely do so if this goes on. IndieGoGo’s terms of use say you should provide “quality and substantive updates at least once a month to contributors”, which you’ve clearly broke and can potentially be reported for (if it hasn’t happened already).

Tommy O'Neil1 day ago

Look, all I'm trying to do for you guys as a backer is act as a brake pedal for you, as you're speeding towards a brick wall.

NcRS5nW.giftenor.gif

CHrNbT4.gifcctaco.gif

giphy.gif

I was waiting for these kind of gifs to appear xD That's awesome.