IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

Is there any point at which they will be forced into accountability? Is there a time when they must admit they have done nothing valid since day one except take money, divert attention from their lack of progress including no efforts to make good on this "product"? I'm baffled there hasn't been any real consequences for Atari SA taking 3 million dollars from the public and missing every single milestone over the span of a year. They have "missed" every sinlge due date they set forth to get this money in the first place. Some people might be blind behind rose colored glasses but there is no way there is $3 million dollars worth of them in that group of backers. In any other situation I can think of this would be considered a total scam and a true account of outright fraud. How is this still ongoing?

• Like 7

My only answer is that there must be three million dollars worth of John Phelans and Max lvis in the world who just don't seem to care. If they keep speaking hallucinatory positive thoughts out loud, everything will be fine.

It's baffling I know, but I can't think of any other explanation.

• Like 3

I'm tellin' ya, at least some portion of those funds raised are AtariSA crew trying to boost their numbers for reasons outside the actual box project, just like they attempted with the RollerCoaster Tycoon "Investment" scam. The moment they opened that one, they had their minimum investment met, then it went flop. I'm sure there's a good number of hapless backers who threw their money at the logo and purposely shield their eyes from the reality that the logo is under the control of half-wit licensing weenies with no wherewithal to do anything production-wise. I won't feel bad for any of them.

• Like 1

Is there any point at which they will be forced into accountability?... How is this still ongoing?

I think they said mid-2019 ship date, so until then we cannot attack them or throw rancid tacos at them, I expect a "Delay to release a flawless product" in the best interest of the fans.

Maybe they should partner with Taco Bell for a Lunch-launch party, great way to bring back Nostalgia.. remember Taco Bell? Remember Atari?

Remember when? Play it Again! -Cue Family playing Vaporware Console on couch eating Tacos

Edited by OCAT

I think it's too early for this, but they could always just check out and stop updating, like the very first Kickstarter I backed many years ago.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hern/waldok-wall-plug-in-speaker-charger-for-the-ipod-n/comments

Seriously, they couldn't fulfill that?!

Good god, that can be fulfilled with one good whirlwind tour through Shenzen...

-Thom

That's $0.11 less than the standard Steam price! And you wouldn't need an internet connection.

But you'd need an optical drive, and the Steam version goes on sale a lot.

Atari. So much more than releasing the same thing over and over again in many different formats.

I have fallen for this gimmick with a AD&D atari game at walmart before

you put in the CD and it tells you to install steam and download the game, like for real real

it is an older atari pc game, like atari has era, but the diminsions of the name atari are quantium even as of 15-20 years ago (and this game was like in 2010-2013 ish I dunno I gotta go get the dvd and laugh at it, its a shit game but still mindless simpleton AD$D fun)

Edited by Osgeld

I said it before and I'll say it again, Make a "Sears" exclusive version on the Atari VCS, that is like 1000x Nostalgia right there! Sears just launched the "Craftsman Ultimate" line of Tools, do the same with Atari Ultimate collectors edition, only at Sears. For the both of them, the only place the stock can go is UP!

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/261387-why-the-sears-versions-existed/

Edited by OCAT

From this page: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/atari-vcs-game-stream-connect-like-never-before#/

By Spring 2019 when Atari VCS ships, we plan to have new and exclusive games for you

Who knew July was a Spring month? Learn somethin' new ev'ry day!

Also, see the timeline that's still on the above site link (relevant screen cap below). Which quarter is July in - Q1 or Q2?

post-39633-0-53865000-1550866090.jpg

post-39633-0-93513200-1550866503.jpg

Edited by majestyx

Also, see the timeline that's still on the above site link (relevant screen cap below). Which quarter is July in - Q1 or Q2?

Dunno. I guess it depends on if they're counting fiscal year or calendar year.

Either way though, it's nice to see that they've been in manufacturing for almost two months now. I'm guessing the Final Testing must've gone well.

• Like 4

I've decided to help Atari.

I figured they've already managed to ship T-shirts (I think... I haven't really been paying close attention), so maybe this would be a good place to start.

T-shirts should be easier than a console anyway.

So I went to one of those online "design your own T-shirt" websites, and plugged in Atari's slogan.

Although I couldn't quite remember it. So I just figured this one would be close enough.

Anyway, here are the results! I think they turned out quite well, and they seem to sum up Atari quite nicely. Which one is your favorite?

post-2641-0-31642500-1550873932_thumb.png

post-2641-0-88847000-1550873934_thumb.png

post-2641-0-33770100-1550873937_thumb.png

post-2641-0-85060900-1550873939_thumb.png

post-2641-0-39143900-1550873942_thumb.png

post-2641-0-97680600-1550873944_thumb.png

post-2641-0-41544900-1550873946_thumb.png

post-2641-0-95890800-1550873948_thumb.png

post-2641-0-33523400-1550873951_thumb.png

P.S. Atari - you're welcome! :thumbsup:

• Like 8