IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

Because my brain is a weird place.... ( cue the curse of the odd number Star Trek movies )

Kirk : What does god Atari need with a starship crowd-funding ?

You can shower me with Tacos for that, thanks in advance ;-)

We have all asked the same question.

What they tell the shareholders: we are using crowdfunding to reduce financial risk to the organization.

What they tell the pigeons: we are using crowdfunding to build a crowd, also this

post-2410-0-68415300-1551218421_thumb.pn

If you like Star Trek, I hope you've seen Star Trek Legacy on Vimeo. It's awesome. Old made new again. Holistic ecosystem, no raw edges. ;)

A 22 minute Recut of 'Star Trek-The Motion Picture' set to Daft Punk's modern original score for 'Tron: Legacy'. I always thought the two film's scores were very reminiscent of one another and I wanted to use that to give this recut a more updated feel while still maintaining some aspect of the pacing and staging of the original (very long) film and it's big special effect scenes.
  • Like 7

I find it interesting that they haven't touched my comments at all. o u o I feel like i've been laying into them pretty hard, lol.

I think you are much more subtle with them so they don't quite catch what you are doing.

• Like 3

Are you sure that isn't an Atari SA board meeting?

ColecoJoe I'm trying the annoying until they give me my money back approach.

It's an inside joke between me and Lodmot which he's probably not aware of because I confuse the crap out of him with my replys all day long :) Sorry Lodmot, you know I love you, I played your game :)

• Like 4

It's an inside joke between me and Lodmot which he's probably not aware of because I confuse the crap out of him with my replys all day long :) Sorry Lodmot, you know I love you, I played your game :)

Lol XD Yesh, you have trained me well sensei. >:3

Duuude, okay this is totally off-topic but I fucking fixed my childhood Sega Genesis. The controller ports have been faulty since like 19 years ago, and I finally fixed it xDD!!!!! So I'm super hyper right now! 8D

ANYWAY! BACK TO TACOS

Edited by Lodmot
  • Like 2

The latest comments that were easier to delete than to actually respond to...

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20190303-070413.png

That's just the worst. Per 5 Reasons Why Comments on Your Kickstarter or Indiegogo Campaign Matter, an honest comments section is crucial for this kind of campaign (just go read it, I'm not quoting it here). It sums up the reasons a project would use crowdfunding in the first place, and "Atari" claimed to share these same values. Removing (or ghosting) critical comments should undermine confidence in the campaign, and should make this thing smell even worse than it already did.

Indiegogo really shouldn't even allow this practice, but perhaps they are permitting campaigns to tag things as "spam." I wonder if they could be held accountable, per these suggestions?

So, it isn’t Indiegogo taking the action to hide a comment. They are, however, facilitating this rather questionable practice….

• A. By not having their trust and safety team review items marked as spam.
  • B. By setting up the system so comments are merely hidden from public view while deceiving individuals who have had comments marked as spam think their comments are still visible.
  • C. Not smacking down on campaigns who abuse the spam button.

If I were a backer (and maybe even if I weren't), I'd be asking the people in charge of this to explain themselves.

helloVCS@atari.com is supposedly the primary way to reach them

michael.arzt@atari.com should work as well

If you get a response, it would be nice to share it here. Their other "official" places are below, but they're so inactive I would assume they're not monitored. To say nothing of their habit of censoring anything critical or questioning.

https://www.facebook.com/atariVCS/

https://twitter.com/TheAtari_VCS

https://www.instagram.com/theatari_vcs/

This isn't spam, this isn't harassment. "Atari" has three million good reasons to be honest and forthright.

post-2410-0-37787500-1551623935_thumb.png

• Like 9

Just finished watching "Isle of Dogs" and it occurred to me that maybe Wes Anderson thought to himself, "hey, I'm gonna make Atari cool again!"

post-4305-0-40719900-1551625558.jpg

The beautiful thing about this is that not one red cent went to the shambling skin-suit-wearing corpse of Not-tari for the privilege.

• Like 3

Looks like Alec Roberts and TJ A's comments were deleted.

Yup. I'm making a point to include the comments count (and "prototype stage" tag) in my screencaps of posted comments. The count goes up a lot faster than the list of surviving comments gets longer. For what it's worth, michael.arzt@atari.com seems to be a valid contact address for the director of this shitshow.

post-2410-0-04165700-1551635038_thumb.png

giphy.gif

• Like 6