IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

All of which is entirely possible, and I'm with you in that his Atari inventory is likely accurate.

I re-read his comment that led me to call him out on this. Here's the original version:

Here's how I read it, inserting the missing punctuation (edits in bold) needed for it to make dialectical sense in my head:

In effect, I'm 'hearing' him speak what he's written in my mind as I'm reading it. This may put a different spin on it to me due to dialectical familiarity.

However, it's also entirely possible that I misinterpreted his remarks; that can happen regardless of dialect. Having said that, I'm not entirely certain that I did - for me, there's quite a bit of lingering doubt surrounding that possibility, and, while I don't doubt that he owns a 5200, I feel that he might be happy to let people think that he's had one since its launch.

That's why I'm such a grammar Nazi. When people write without punctuation like that, I can't be bothered trying to decode each sentence. LOL.

Man, looking at the Atari VCS Indiegogo page is such a downer.

I had just spent the weekend successfully repairing my childhood Sega Genesis, playing a bunch of games on it like Earthworm Jim, Sonic, etc., and watching MadLittlePixel's livestream testing out the new Retro-Bit controllers, and I had such a great time.

And to come back to the winter of discontent with the Atari VCS campaign isn't healthy.

Now, I don't know about the new ones, or if there's a difference, but... I bought a Retro-Bit Genesis controller when they first started making them, and ohhh Boyee do I recommend against them! The D-Pad was Awful! On mine anyway it wasn't centered and you had to push it to the Right And Down (To go Right) and to the Left And Up (To go Left), and so on....Worst controller ever! and I am including cheapo Chinese units that barely weigh anything...Just my 2 cents...

For Contrast, I bought a New Hyperkin Genesis controller, and it is Fantastic! Very similar to a New Sega Controller from back in the day.

• Like 1

Now, I don't know about the new ones, or if there's a difference, but... I bought a Retro-Bit Genesis controller when they first started making them, and ohhh Boyee do I recommend against them! The D-Pad was Awful! On mine anyway it wasn't centered and you had to push it to the Right And Down (To go Right) and to the Left And Up (To go Left), and so on....Worst controller ever! and I am including cheapo Chinese units that barely weigh anything...Just my 2 cents...

For Contrast, I bought a New Hyperkin Genesis controller, and it is Fantastic! Very similar to a New Sega Controller from back in the day.

Yeah, Retro-Bit's products used to be hit-or-miss a while back. Apparently today they've dramatically improved their quality, and a few of the YouTubers that got their hands on the new Sega-licensed controllers love them. They even have matching "Genesis" and "Saturn" packaging and everything. Can't wait to get mine!

• Like 1

Think outside the "box"

Ewwy. There's no way that's sanitary xD

LOL!

(EDIT: Sorry for the double post. >.< )

Oh, by the way guys....

I'm still being more open about my project than Atari, and I don't have to do much...

I overcame a bunch of hurdles with my game that I was working on, particularly with the physics mechanics. Now I'm testing some tile art. Here it is:

testgame_zpsc6byfhu9.png

Edited by Lodmot
  • Like 1

FPS: 6

:ponder: :P

LOL!!!!!! XDDD Yeah..

Actually that's because I had it in this slow mode I built in, so I could carefully test collisions as they happen per frame. I could switch back and forth between that and full-speed. It was actually very helpful > u <

Edited by Lodmot

racer ok I understand that you do not believe in the Atari VCS project, but my question is :

do you believe in the project Google Yeti (project Stream) ? ( and simply answer the question thank you )

It would help if you clarified that. Are you asking if he believes the project exists? Are you asking if he thinks it will be successful? Or are you asking if he wants it to be successful?

Also, corn or flour tortillas?

Edited by godslabrat
  • Like 3

racer ok I understand that you do not believe in the Atari VCS project, but my question is :

do you believe in the project Google Yeti (project Stream) ? ( and simply answer the question thank you )

Yes, I believe Google is working on gaming hardware.

No, it has nothing to do with Atari's dead-on-arrival VCS, other than that Stream will work on anything that supports Chrome.

• Like 7

I suppose the intent behind the question is something like, "if you believe in Google, why can't you believe in Atari?" ...putting aside all reality of competence, funding, engineering, scale, past performance, etc etc. "If Google can do it, why not Atari?"

https://media0.giphy.com/media/yXVO50FJIJMSQ/giphy.gif?cid=4bf119fc5c7dea09446c3069635e1384

• Like 4

I suppose the intent behind the question is something like, "if you believe in Google, why can't you believe in Atari?" ...putting aside all reality of competence, funding, engineering, scale, past performance, etc etc. "If Google can do it, why not Atari?"

https://media0.giphy.com/media/yXVO50FJIJMSQ/giphy.gif?cid=4bf119fc5c7dea09446c3069635e1384

Gotta love these guys who think that Atari is being run by the same people who ran it in 1981 and that it's still making the same amount of money today as it did then too (as opposed to reality where Google, via their revenue streams, could make the value of the VCS Indiegogo campaign in a matter of what? Hours? Minutes?)

• Like 2

it's not because Google can do it that Atari can do it too

the 2 companies have a completely different size, do not compare please