IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

I've noticed a big uptick in anonymous being used for the backers name over on the backer list. Why would so many people be secretive now?

'S cool. Atari's being all secret squirrel about the Ataribollocks, so, like, it's OK for everyone else to be also!

• Like 2

I love that there's such a lack of interest in the stock that nothing even seems to affect it anymore. Executive departures...product delays...who cares?

It's more or less cast in stone at the .33-.35 Euro mark.

post-6333-0-66660300-1553011979_thumb.png

• Like 7

The Google live-stream starts shortly, if anyone's actually interested in this. Color me curious:

I love that there's such a lack of interest in the stock that nothing even seems to affect it anymore. Executive departures...product delays...who cares?

It's more or less cast in stone at the .33-.35 Euro mark.

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20190319-110941.png

Buy now before the big announcement! Only minutes left ...

Yes racer I'm waiting 19th march at 10am ...

if nothing about Atari during the GDC 2019, I will sell my share ( Atari ) and quite this forum and apologize for my madness ;0)

Yes, I believe Google is working on gaming hardware.

No, it has nothing to do with Atari's dead-on-arrival VCS, other than that Stream will work on anything that supports Chrome.

post-6333-0-10701800-1553016307.gif

• Like 10

If anything, Google's "Stadia" announcement makes AtariBox less relevant than ever (and it was pretty darn irrelevant to begin with). Cloud streaming pisses on the concept of "cheap laptop without a keyboard that you hook up to the TV and play games" from a great height.

Personally, I like the concept (and enjoyed OnLive for what it was, while it lasted), and I hope people give it a chance.

• Like 3

I like the concept and Google certainly has the nearby data centers and capability. Not too hot on them having yet another set of data points on me, but at this point they probably already could tell me more about myself than I know.

They did briefly show a physical console but said that would be for developers who chose not to use their cloud-based/streaming platform:

post-39941-0-11186700-1553019994_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

If anything, Google's "Stadia" announcement makes AtariBox less relevant than ever (and it was pretty darn irrelevant to begin with). Cloud streaming pisses on the concept of "cheap laptop without a keyboard that you hook up to the TV and play games" from a great height.

I kid you not, this is from their trailer at the end of the keynote:

post-39941-0-83946500-1553025402_thumb.jpg

First few seconds:

edit: I know they're referring to the Xbox, but I found it funny..

• Like 5

Atari is missing the obvious cash cow, instead of delaying the "project" xD

they should release what they have to the massive fanfare from the backers who would regardless of quality, eat up whatever was delivered in the box. Then announce that the next one (a la Apple iPhone model) will be 2x as fast and have more features.

Or do what they did in the past like The Intellivoice Voice Synthesis Module, or the Coleco Kid Vid for the Atari.. or even better just suck that cow dry like sega with the 32x and the CD add on.

selling a piece of the meal keeps 'em coming back for moar!

Edited by OCAT
  • Like 4

That presupposes the notion that these dip-shits could put Linux in a plastic box, which as has been demonstrated more than adequately, they cannot. We are watching a bunch of sucker fish flailing around on the dock. We just watch at this point to see if any of them can jam a hook in the fisherman's finger or flop back into the water.

• Like 3

That presupposes the notion that these dip-shits could produce more than a 3D print of their silly box that could actually fit any kind of electronics, which as has been demonstrated more than adequately, they cannot.

Edited by JBerel
  • Like 4

Well, I hear the Kickstarter is getting so big that they've tracked down Hardwork and his team of dedicated Knight Rider 2600 developers to assist with the project.

There are even talks of this merging with the Coleco Chameleon project too.

Exciting times, folks, exciting times.

• Like 7

Before the delete police show up.

Hey man, you got your out with your credit card company. From the horse's mouth, they said they won't be able to reach their deadline. That email should be enough proof to get a chargeback but move fast.

• Like 5