IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

I've definitely decided not to respond because I think no matter what I say it would give them the right to dispute this back. I'm not going to do anything unless I hear back from my credit card company. I do find it interesting that the email doesn't require a response or even threaten to fight my claim. I'd say that in most cases when they have this issue they know what is happening. I'm certain with all the complaints especially coming from this campaign they know. More than anything I think it is ridiculous that I've had to escalate this situation to this point to even at least get a response from someone. As I've stated before IGG nor Atari ever respond. The emails usually just bounce back so clearly Atari doesn't even have some of the email addresses they claim. If this is the insanity that gets me my money back and that preorder cancelled. So be it.

• Like 5

Actually I think I figured this whole mess out. Atari is obsessed with Bladerunner because it makes them feel relevant. The first film takes place in 2019 and clearly they can't hit getting this thing out now. So what they must be aiming for now is a 2049 release date! By then they will have a cool Bladerunner edition that includes a free upgrade to a matching speakerhat (with extra shipping and customs duties)!

• Like 2

Actually I think I figured this whole mess out. Atari is obsessed with Bladerunner because it makes them feel relevant. The first film takes place in 2019 and clearly they can't hit getting this thing out now. So what they must be aiming for now is a 2049 release date! By then they will have a cool Bladerunner edition that includes a free upgrade to a matching speakerhat (with extra shipping and customs duties)!

LOL! Yeah X3

But yeah, Europeans got screwed with their t-shirt orders. I didn't get any extra customs charges for that, it was just like $30 straight up. Still though, that really should've been free. I was just testing them to see if they'd actually keep that promise in delivering something smaller. Miraculously they in fact did.

LOL! Yeah X3

But yeah, Europeans got screwed with their t-shirt orders. I didn't get any extra customs charges for that, it was just like $30 straight up. Still though, that really should've been free. I was just testing them to see if they'd actually keep that promise in delivering something smaller. Miraculously they in fact did.

At least yours didn't rip the armpit out like that one guy over on the IGG page was constantly posting about. Which really I would be pissed also if I spent $30 plus extras to import a shitty shirt I should have got for free and the damn thing just tears to pieces.

I think you meant Breadrunner.

giphy.gif

• Like 6

Just got in my inbox....wow, I guess this is good for anyone actually still believing in any of it?

https://mailchi.mp/atari/atari-vcs-thanks-you-for-a-great-36553?e=d39baf12da

f7321930-be0e-4f81-a50c-e4f415420560.jpg
Hello Backers!

With the March AMD Ryzen upgrade announcement still fresh, the Atari VCS team spent four days at GDC in San Francisco where we met with numerous content providers and creators, distributors and others, before heading south to spend a full day with our engineering team to review and discuss the latest project developments, manufacturing schedules and status updates for the VCS.

Now that the AMD news and broader schedule change has been revealed, there is other news that we can now start sharing!

First up today is an all-new Official Atari VCS blog entry featuring a comprehensive overview of the updated industrial design architecture of the Atari VCS. The team is incredibly excited about the design and feature changes that have been made to prepare the VCS for final production. As we provide additional updates over the next few weeks and months, we think that fans and backers will appreciate all the thought and care that went into shaping our decisions.

One important thing to clarify for everyone right now is that all Atari VCS products are on the same timeline. Joysticks, Controllers and VCS systems ordered through the Indiegogo campaign and Backerkit platform will all ship to backers on the same schedule, regardless of whether they are standalone units or part of a bundle. This also applies to the rollout of retail product what it happens.

Thanks again for the ongoing support, kind words, and to the many new contributors to the Atari VCS campaign in recent months. It’s truly humbling that so many Atari fans around the world are not only excited about our first new game and entertainment system in decades, but willing to get behind it and help make it a reality. We appreciate all our passionate fans and are grateful to have each and every one of you on this journey with us!

And now, for the latest amazing new Atari VCS hardware news, check out the newest below.

Link to the latest Atari VCS project blog at Medium.com.

Thanks again!

— The Atari VCS Team

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer
  • Like 5

Holy shit, this has to be a record for them. Shortest time span between two consecutive updates. Also, its actually about the damn console.

While the update certainly didnt make matters worse for them, i still wish they'd actually show us more about the OS, or make a video. Those are just renders.

Edited by Lodmot
  • Like 2

Fascinating! More box talk!

So they're abandoning their silly "ribbed" design, because -- quelle surprise -- it never made sense. So now it's two parts of a plastic shell, just like the original. So much for "refined silhouette, no raw edges?"

The front light will work like other consoles! The onscreen display will give info about numbers of players!! USB A ports will provide extra storage space!!! They are even IN THE FRONT!!!! I'm orgasmic with anticipation that this 2020 console will have a subset of the hardware features of the 2013 Xbox One!!!!!

Future updates will go inside the box to look at the internals and thermal management, discuss all the great improvements and final features of the Classic Joystick and Modern Controller, game and media content partnerships, user interface, developer tools, distribution plans, and other details. We cant wait to share more!

Shall we take bets on which last-gen and mobile licenses they'll have? OUYA had Towerfall, Final Fantasy III, and lots of emulators. That was 2012. Holistic ecosystem! Can't wait to play!

Thanks for the Mailchimp link, OSRG. I added the "archive" with the history with all their posts to Wayback. https://us16.campaign-archive.com/home/?u=514d5e8e2ca64b78c0c6f5a2e&id=7859bb25ac

• Like 5