IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

The gun among the "dossier" pictures is a classy touch. What a dipshit. Perfect for April Fool's Day.

Even better... It's not a real firearm. That's a a CO2-powered BB gun.

https://www.amazon.com/Umarex-Beretta-Steel-Airgun-Blowback/dp/B07JR6JBJ4

Pro-Tip: when putting together the lame photographic cliché, at least try do it right. At a bare minimum, don't photograph the side of the air pistol with "cal. .177/4.5mm" stamped (or, in this case, possibly moulded) into it; that's a dead giveaway right there that it's not an actual gun.

• Like 3

This page... something wrong... There are 666 days between 3rd of June 2017 and today... think about it... 3-June, or 3-6=666 not to mention the first post that started this thread was Posted Fri Jun 9, 2017 8:36AM

on a FRIDAY!, the 6th day of the week!

"Woodgrain is back in style it seems..............."

if you count all the characters, convert to ASCII code, ignore or add a few then multiply by arbitrary number then convert to another Base, you get 666

Now look at the games list for the Atari Flashback 6...

the 6th game is "Aquaventure" and the 66th game is "Secret Quest"

we are Through the Looking Glass people.

When this thing is released, it could possibly bring about the Apocalypse!, The dead rising from the grave! Taco sacrifice, Xbox and Playstation getting along together, mass hysteria!

Edited by OCAT

you guys/gals ready for your eye-roll of the morning? get your peepers on this!

https://www.scribd.com/document/403915272/Atari-Age-Magazine-Jan-Feb-2019

I share everyone's criticisms of the graphic design, but the text is equally awful. Except for the vintage print ads, which were recycled verbatim, the whole "magazine" reads as if it was procedurally generated.

• Like 5

I think the removal of the SD slot might be the breaking point for John Phelan. He is not taking the news well judging from his posts on IGG and his YouTube channel.

If you reference IGG posts you need to screen cap. Most of us can't see that shit.

• Like 2

I share everyone's criticisms of the graphic design, but the text is equally awful. Except for the vintage print ads, which were recycled verbatim, the whole "magazine" reads as if it was procedurally generated.

What's up with all the Disney owned Star Wars graphics?

As Bill Logiduice has stated many times in the "Dedicated Systems" part of this forum, part of why AtGames mini-consoles are so inexpensive is because of retailer demands to keep things cheap. The mini-consoles from Nintendo and Sony were helpful in raising the pricing ceiling, but even with the PlayStation Classic marked at $99, they're still much more like toy pricing than "Atari VCS" which starts at $239. The Atari name got them 4 million 3 million dollars from those who failed to think, but I doubt that would happen at retail.

I agree that it's pretty easy homework. Look at how PlayStation Classic, a system with a lot of genuine anticipation, tanked at retail. The internet has been absolutely savage in its criticism of AtGames toys. I can only imagine how rough the critics will be with "Atari VCS." Their best hope is to be ignored, a "cult classic" enjoyed by those who already sunk money into it.

The PlayStation Classic released with no charger, a selection of games that was barely representative of the library of classics it is most well remembered for, and a chunk of those games were released as the PAL versions (lower framerate). At $59, a number of them still sat on the shelf untouched at my local Best Buy the last time I was there a couple of weeks ago. Actually, I see now that an even more aggressive purge of stock is being attempted. The price online has now dropped to 60% off ($39.99) of initial retail in less than 4 months on sale.

• Like 1

No idea what's going on.. trying to read but it's like I started on the last season of Game of Thrones and am asking "so what happened so far" :lol:

That's the problem; nothing's really happened, so this has become a joke thread.

Summary, minus the jokes: Atari SA's planning to release a media PC/Game console. There's little evidence that they've done any significant work on it. They funded it via Indigogo, & now their backers are starting top ask questions.

Edited by pacman000