IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

So now that the case was redesigned and the modular venting is gone, are you able to expand upon what the idea was? When is your NDA up? Our fake imaginary #NotMyAtari magazine needs content!

NDA is up on July 23rd, 2021… but I believe the idea was that the venting would allow them to not need a fan for cooling, effectively making it silent.

• Like 4

Given how little he has to work with from Atari SA, I think he has done a put together a pretty decent looking magazine

That's just it though, huh?

How can you take nothing, well virtually nothing, and make a whole magazine of forward looking statements that may or may not (heavy emphasis on the MAY NOT if you ask me) come to pass?

Like I say, I once had a Manager who could talk for an hour in a meeting (And we all had to be to work an hour early for this) and cover about as much ground as any Normal human could in a 3 minute statement...I got that same hollow, empty feeling from that magazine...

That and a cool Atari 5200 ad I'd possibly seen in my past and forgotten about...

• Like 2

NDA is up on July 23rd, 2021… but I believe the idea was that the venting would allow them to not need a fan for cooling, effectively making it silent.

Does your NDA allow you to concede that passive cooling via 16 independently tooled case pieces was a dumb idea?

Are you taking detailed notes, like a true historian, so you can write a kickass hot take on Medium on July 24, 2021, by which time it will be clear to all that this albatross is not going to fly?

Will you make your "Atari" overlords aware that they've driven their Number One Fan to tears over the removal of the SDcard slot?

• Like 5

That's just it though, huh?

How can you take nothing, well virtually nothing, and make a whole magazine of forward looking statements that may or may not (heavy emphasis on the MAY NOT if you ask me) come to pass?

Like I say, I once had a Manager who could talk for an hour in a meeting (And we all had to be to work an hour early for this) and cover about as much ground as any Normal human could in a 3 minute statement...I got that same hollow, empty feeling from that magazine...

That and a cool Atari 5200 ad I'd possibly seen in my past and forgotten about...

That, Oh and the part about the developers having total freedom (Or whatever he said...I'm not going back to see it again)...It's more like...How would you spin the reality into something positive, when every story we've heard is about developers trying to get in touch with Atari and getting promptly ignored?

I thought what made it silent was the fact that it had nothing inside it.

It's like a modern take on the 2600's speaker holes.

Wait a minute...

If you take the speakers out of a speakerhat... will they fit the speaker holes of a 2600?

Now I kind of want to try it. :ponder:

• Like 11

Does your NDA allow you to concede that passive cooling via 16 independently tooled case pieces was a dumb idea?

Are you taking detailed notes, like a true historian, so you can write a kickass hot take on Medium on July 24, 2021, by which time it will be clear to all that this albatross is not going to fly?

Will you make your "Atari" overlords aware that they've driven their Number One Fan to tears over the removal of the SDcard slot?

Personally I didn't get the fins thing… neat idea, no way for it to be cost effective.

Detailed notes, annotated screen shots, copies of emails, unreleased video... I think a true historian would save that kind of stuff don't you? I sure hope there is one out there.

I don't talk to Atari, they don't talk to me. In fact the first time there was any interaction between myself and someone actually working at Atari was when I gave them my formal request for termination of the NDA.

Edited by The Historian
  • Like 9

I think John Phelam might be hitting his breaking point on this project. Which in a way is a shame. Dude isn't all there but this stupid console means the world to him. I guess that is what really pisses me off about this whole fiasco. Guys like John who can't really comprehend what is going on. I really hope something good comes out of this thing for folks like him. But I doubt it will.

• Like 11

Playstaton mini was garbage, remember the NEO-GEO-X scandal? it freakin ran a swiped emulator. This is like if I crowdfunded millions of dollars, then made an Atari console that ran MAME that I downloaded from the internet... very skeezy

My local Wal-Crap liquidation section has the C64 mini %70 off, not even in a locker case, just shoved on the shelf. ( I always like to visit the liquidation section of all stores, especially my grocery stores, once I got a Taco Bowl kit for $1)

Edited by OCAT

I don't talk to Atari, they don't talk to me. In fact the first time there was any interaction between myself and someone actually working at Atari was when I gave them my formal request for termination of the NDA.

So did they terminate it? I'm guessing they didn't if you are still speaking of it's end date. Mind you, I don't know how much you really could know about a machine that doesn't exist in any physical capacity. Idea's are like assholes, but only the very few stink as bad as the VCS.

That feel when it's April 1st and John Phelan made two anti-Atari videos just the day before ...

Visually dark and now I'm all depressed and stuff.

Poor guy. Thinks pre-orders make you a investor :)

AND ... x=usr(1536), can we get some linguistic help here:

When he says FOIST, does that mean first or fourth???? :)

• Like 3

Poor guy. Thinks pre-orders make you a investor icon_smile.gif

AND ... x=usr(1536), can we get some linguistic help here:

When he says FOIST, does that mean first or fourth???? icon_smile.gif

First.

Granted, I'm saying this from not having watched the video - but that would make the most sense :D