IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

The fact that the most vocal, loyal, backer, is now questioning everything... Puts this whole thing into the spotlight... And it's sad... =P

On the flip side many of us didn't fall for this from the get go, as we know this Atari is not the same Atari of old, hell, the Atari of old might as well be buried in New Mexico along with ET & other over-stocked things.

How many hands did the name go though before it ended up being basically being owned by a holding company in France ?

At least several, right ?

I agree however that it seems like they want someone w/ deep pockets to buy the name from them so they can get rid of this albatross they are holding onto currently...

P.S. IF that is the plan it seems like no one is taking the bait, and is instead waiting for this to crash & burn, then buy the whole thing for pennies on the dollar...

Edited by Woulfe
  • Like 4

IF that is the plan it seems like no one is taking the bait, and is instead waiting for this to crash & burn, then buy the whole thing for pennies on the dollar...

That's essentially how Chesnais ended up with the brand to begin with.

• Like 3

Would have been even funnier, if you had done that. Future taco ideas, perhaps. :P

Yes... I'm already considering changing a lot of our new titles to the following...

Burgertime = Tacotime

Night Stalker - Taco Stalker

Tron Deadly Discs = Tron Deadly Tacos

Astrosmash = Tacosmash

Shark! Shark! = Taco! Taco!

Demon Attack = Taco Attack

Triple Action = Taco Action

AD&D, Treasures of Tarmin = AD&T... Advanced Dungeons & Tacos, Tacos of Tarmin

Sub Hunt = Taco Hunt

Utopia = Tacotopia

Happy Trails = Happy Tacos

Let the box art Photoshopping begin! :D

• Like 15

^^^ Future Taco ideas?

I gots one. So let us say that the "Burger King" ( some small time burger joint, never heard of it) "Impossible Veggie Burger" was not an April Fools day joke, could we not extend this artificial meat to Tacos?

A veggie taco that tastes like a meat based taco!

And perhaps we could coax Taco Bell into a Taco Subscription based service, 1 taco a day for a monthly $10 fee * Valid only during normal Taco hours only in participating locations. IOS or ANDROID device required*

Or even a Taco Loyalty card, for those without phones or do not wish to have their Taco habits tracked.

Atari should offer all backers a free virtual Taco voucher every week this thing is late

Atari Arcade Tacos

Crystal Tacos

Tacopede

Beavis and Taco-head (unreleased prototype)

Tacoroids

Tacoroids deluxe (7 layer version)

Millitaco

Taco Command

Tacolet: Salsa Legacy

Escape From The Planet of the Taco Monsters

Tacoboy

Taco driver

Taco Fighter

Primal Taco

Taco Wars

Taco Wars: Return of the Guacamole

Taco Wars: The Heartburn Strikes Back

Taco Widow

Gravitaco

Taco Duel

• Like 1

Yes... I'm already considering changing a lot of our new titles to the following...

Burgertime = Tacotime

Night Stalker - Taco Stalker

Tron Deadly Discs = Tron Deadly Tacos

Astrosmash = Tacosmash

Shark! Shark! = Taco! Taco!

Demon Attack = Taco Attack

Triple Action = Taco Action

AD&D, Treasures of Tarmin = AD&T... Advanced Dungeons & Tacos, Tacos of Tarmin

Sub Hunt = Taco Hunt

Utopia = Tacotopia

Happy Trails = Happy Tacos

Let the box art Photoshopping begin! :D

If you actually create games with those names, I'll buy an Amico on the day it's released.

• Like 7

Taco Fighter

Also the little known sequel to Food Fight, called TACO TUESDAY.

-Thom

I can see the tag line on the tie-in movie:

TACO TUESDAY: The Day Shit Went Down. So to Speak.

I will show myself out now...

• Like 2

That's essentially how Chesnais ended up with the brand to begin with.

Kinda figured that was the case, hum, if any one of us bought like 100 shares of Atari Stock that would be what $5.00 ?

;-)

I can get 3 soft tacos for that much, better investment, and then I'd be full afterwards...

P.S. Hello Tommy, at least we know your BOX will be the real deal, heh heh heh

Edited by Woulfe
  • Like 3

I'm gonna need a bigger vehicle to haul away all those Taco themed products.. perhaps I should visit a Toyota dealer and buy a... TACOma ! Badum-tish! ♬♬

Thank you thank you ill be here all night.. eating tacos.

• Like 3

^^^ Future Taco ideas? I gots one. So let us say that the "Burger King" ( some small time burger joint, never heard of it) "Impossible Veggie Burger" was not an April Fools day joke, could we not extend this artificial meat to Tacos? A veggie taco that tastes like a meat based taco! And perhaps we could coax Taco Bell into a Taco Subscription based service, 1 taco a day for a monthly $10 fee * Valid only during normal Taco hours only in participating locations. IOS or ANDROID device required* Or even a Taco Loyalty card, for those without phones or do not wish to have their Taco habits tracked. Atari should offer all backers a free virtual Taco voucher every week this thing is late

Considering I myself am a 12 year vegan, I'm super excited that the Impossible Burger at Burger King wasn't an April Fool's joke! :)

That being said.... STOP THE PRESSES!! Did you see this announcement today?

Your vision came true! :)

https://www.peta.org/living/food/vegan-at-taco-bell/

• Like 4

Considering I myself am a 12 year vegan, I'm super excited that the Impossible Burger at Burger King wasn't an April Fool's joke! :)

That being said.... STOP THE PRESSES!! Did you see this announcement today?

Your vision came true! :)

https://www.peta.org/living/food/vegan-at-taco-bell/

But the Impossible Burger is made on same conveying grill as the Whopper, so you'd be getting Whopper grease on your Impossible burger!

And well there will be animal fat contamination at Taco Bell. Anyway a better place to get your news is from the real PETA group:

483618_464230303631253_405506663_n.jpg?_

https://www.facebook.com/PETA-People-Eating-Tasty-Animals-463489853705298/

Edited by thetick1
  • Like 1

But the Impossible Burger is made on same conveying grill as the Whopper, so you'd be getting Whopper grease on your Impossible burger!

And well there will be animal fat contamination at Taco Bell. Anyway a better place to get your news is from the real PETA group:

483618_464230303631253_405506663_n.jpg?_

https://www.facebook.com/PETA-People-Eating-Tasty-Animals-463489853705298/

Pigeons, E.T & Ataribollocks

• Like 1