IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

Anyone want to build a console prototype?

Sapphire has launched an “AMD FS-FP5R 5×5” SBC with an AMD Ryzen Embedded R1000 SoC plus 2x GbE, 3x DP++, USB 3.1, SATA III, and M.2 expansion.

Will need a Displayport-to-HDMI converter. And don't forget this gem:

cMHaIHGh.jpg

The race is on! With only a 3D printer, a Raspberry Pi and an impossible quest I am committed to create my own personal "Atari VCS" *cough cough* excuse me, Ataribox, before Atari SA presents a working prototype. Sure, how could a pretty shell with third-party components filled with classic games compete with the blood, sweat and PLA of a dreamer? Tune in to find out! Announcement for the announcement for the announcement for the Preorders to be expected sometimes before the Heat Death of the Universe. The "Early Bird" special will only cost your hopes and dreams, and the special edition white taco shell will merely cost your soul. And $249.99 to $299.99.

On a serious note, after becoming impatient with a lack of details or announcements on the "Atari VCS" and realizing the absurd amount of money I would have to pour out in order to complete a collection, I began to research Raspberry Pi's in hopes of making my very own emulation box. Upon coming across this forum thread and its love for tacos I have become determined to perfect my own machine, for personal use of course. While there is no real alternative for a real VCS, something in me wants to beat "Atari" to the chase. This white 3D printed Ataribox is exactly what one would expect; an inedible shell made of PLA and put together from various promo images and renders of the Ataribox. It's is just as functional as the real Ataribox, minus the FOUR LIGHTS (and logo), so at least I've got that going for me. In the end it will fit a Raspberry Pi. Sadly, there is no room for a SNES, no matter how much electrical tape you have.

• Like 7

I have read that if you use the shell from the Atari Jaguar, that will save you half a million dollars in production costs. You're welcome.

Simple as that.

Yes, but then you have to port everything to run on video capture cards.

• Like 6

By the way, even Swedish public service radio posted about Atari yesterday. I have hand translated the article for your pleasure.

Classic gaming company entering the Stockholm stock exchange

The new old video games company Atari was a pioneer in the games industry during the 70's and 80's with games like Pong and Asteroids. Today it is parallel listed on the Stockholm stock exchange.

- Due to the thriving games market, there are many people interested in investing. That is why we need to be here, says Atari's CEO Frederic Chesnais.

The games company Atari was founded in California 1972 and the journey to today has been windling. Despite the strong brand, the company went bankrupt 1984, in order to be bought up, divided and go bankrupt several times over.

The current CEO Frederic Chesnais participated in taking over the company after the bankrupcy in 2013 and last year managed to turn the loss to a 23 million SEK profit.

https://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel.aspx?programid=83&artikel=7205640

I like the fact that they point out how many times Atari has gone bankrupt, though the article is very brief and says nothing about the current business or plans. Then again this is public service so they must not mention businesses in a way that borders to unintended advertising and unfair promotion over other companies not mentioned. That is why every time some guest or listener calls in to the radio and happens to mention a brand name or company, the radio host needs to add "and of course there are other companies in the same sector doing just as well" to neutralize anything that could be considered unfair promotion. Actually it is bad enough if a listener mentions they are working for a particular company, it is like advertising that the company are doing so well that they can afford to have employees which is unfair to other companies which are going down and have to terminate employees.

• Like 8

Good god, that was a year ago? I ended up making a second print, funnily enough closer to what they have now, where it is two separate pieces. I got a raspberry pi in there, but after that I gave up. I still have the digital files floating around somewhere, as well as the printed shells.

If you find the .STL files and are willing to post them, I'd like to try and print one of those, just to see how it comes out. If not, completely understood.

• Like 1

"The Atari shares are represented by Swedish Depositary Receipts (SDRs) and will trade under the ticker “ATA SDB”. Each SDR corresponds to one Atari ordinary share."

Looks like their trading them as Swedish Depositary receipts to do a couple of things. As with their effort to appear like a NASDAQ offering, their use of SDRs is to create more appearance of legitimacy, while at the same time, tracking their stock "value" in Swedish Krona with an equivalent value of 1 Krona to every 11 US cents. That lets them show their stock "value" as more than a fractional unit for the first time in years which helps bait suckers. They're basically trying to trade in Disney Dollars so you can be sure you're getting only the best.

The SDRs also provide much more flexibility for fraudulent activity behind the scenes. An American investor assumes activity registered on the over the counter market gives them some sense of performance. This move gives Atari SA at least one, if not several, back end methods by which they can buy, sell, combine and or dilute their own stock value much more discreetly to avoid suspicions and shareholder responses.

https://nypost.com/2015/07/18/banks-are-ripping-off-investors-in-overseas-markets/

“ADRs and GDRs are financial products that offer unrestricted and largely unregulated access to modernized international markets that allow for gross share-trading inefficiencies — and ease of global corruption by the banking source,” Germinario said.
Among Germinario’s catalog of rogue activity:
-Depositary Receipts manipulated for money-laundering, tax avoidance, pump-and-dump, bribery and shareholder dilution through naked short-selling regulations.

So, in summary: Buy big and buy often you hard core Atari fans you.

• Like 5

"The Atari shares are represented by Swedish Depositary Receipts (SDRs) and will trade under the ticker “ATA SDB”. Each SDR corresponds to one Atari ordinary share."

I miss when SDR stood for Stop, Drop, & Retro. Sadly I think he's lost interest in this dumb thing. Last Atari-related video was 10 months ago.

• Like 4