IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

I saw this in a status update and immediately went "WTF?", they used a label I made in June of 2006 as their graphic for Aquaventure. :lol:

Somehow, I'm not surprised.

The lineup shown in the article is pretty weird, BTW. How was it decided that a selection of twenty Atari titles should include a SwordQuest game? Or that godawful unfinished Tempest prototype? Or Yars' Return but NOT the original Yars' Revenge? Or Steeplechase, a four-player game which requires paddles, for play on a handheld with a gamepad? Or the 2600 version of Desert Falcon instead of the superior 7800 version, when they already have other 7800 games in the collection???

• Like 7

I saw this in a status update and immediately went "WTF?", they used a label I made in June of 2006 as their graphic for Aquaventure. :lol:

Strange. When we did Atari Flashback Classics, we recognised that Aquaventure was a prototype without official artwork and did our own:

Nothing personal, CPUWIZ, your artwork is great. :) Just knew it wasn't Atari art, didn't know who made it, and didn't expect we could use it.

post-4553-0-92451800-1556333374.jpg

• Like 1

The lineup shown in the article is pretty weird, BTW. How was it decided that a selection of twenty Atari titles should include a SwordQuest game? Or that godawful unfinished Tempest prototype? Or Yars' Return but NOT the original Yars' Revenge? Or Steeplechase, a four-player game which requires paddles, for play on a handheld with a gamepad? Or the 2600 version of Desert Falcon instead of the superior 7800 version, when they already have other 7800 games in the collection???

So both CPU and AtariBoy both have label art stolen by big companies for upcoming releases involving Atari. Kinda funny for a shell company who prides themselves on being so litigious against others.

• Like 2

So both CPU and AtariBoy both have label art stolen by big companies for upcoming releases involving Atari. Kinda funny for a shell company who prides themselves on being so litigious against others.

I know Ill never will get any royalty for them as I was got a one time payment and a free games but it's nice to know my art is forever be part of Atari line ups. Right? ^_^;

• Like 6

"The Atari shares are represented by Swedish Depositary Receipts (SDRs) and will trade under the ticker “ATA SDB”. Each SDR corresponds to one Atari ordinary share."

Looks like their trading them as Swedish Depositary receipts to do a couple of things. As with their effort to appear like a NASDAQ offering, their use of SDRs is to create more appearance of legitimacy, while at the same time, tracking their stock "value" in Swedish Krona with an equivalent value of 1 Krona to every 11 US cents. That lets them show their stock "value" as more than a fractional unit for the first time in years which helps bait suckers. They're basically trying to trade in Disney Dollars so you can be sure you're getting only the best.

Their shares are not even worth these Coronas.

post-20719-0-14325700-1556373205.jpg

I don't care for this beer myself, but maybe some would like it with tacos.

• Like 1

Funny how "Atari" is a bunch of hypocrites. They use others "works" but when somebody else comes along and uses "Atari's" stuff, then its, "We're gonna sue you!"

Benefit of the doubt: the unauthorised art use was released by Evercade. Atari could easily have had no involvement in it beyond just licensing their games.

• Like 1

I dont even understand why they inlude any Swordquest games in the flashback consoles, Atari Vault and the Flashback classic releases on PS4, Xbox One, etc. Boggles the mind.

• Like 2

I dont even understand why they inlude any Swordquest games in the flashback consoles, Atari Vault and the Flashback classic releases on PS4, Xbox One, etc. Boggles the mind.

At least on console and in Vault we were able to include the manuals and comics so you had some chance of knowing what was going on. :)

• Like 5

It lets them increase the "number of games" included on the box. It's the same reason they include all of the garbage like Fun With Numbers, the Tempest prototype or Hangman.

• Like 6

I blame the speakerhats. Even if you give one to a pigeon.

attachicon.gifclueless_cartoon_pigeons.jpg

If there's any doubt it's always a safe bet blaming speakerhats! I can just see now.... when Atari SA goes bankrupt I'll be dumpster diving (actually garbage picking ) outside the former NYC office and all I'll find in the trash bags will be bunch of Atari Speakerhats.

Edited by thetick1
  • Like 1

It lets them increase the "number of games" included on the box. It's the same reason they include all of the garbage like Fun With Numbers, the Tempest prototype or Hangman.

Can't speak for Atari, but the reason we liked having games like that in there was that we saw these compilations as a compendium. It was part of the history, good or bad. Fun With Numbers was featured in many of the early catalogues when there weren't a lot of titles in there. Seems wrong to leave it out just because it had fallen out of favour. It's not like anyone ever thought Atari would sell more copies or command a higher price for having them in there. Of course, that philosophy can't be fully realised when you can't include licensed titles like Space Invaders, Pac Man, Superman, etc., but you make do with what you can.

• Like 5