IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

"I don't care"

I'm really starting to think a lot of these pigeons are content to give Atari money in exchange for being able to say they "buy Atari again!". Even though they're getting nothing in return, it's enough for them to feel cool and "retro".

• Like 1

Is it a pigeon or just a member of the general public? I don't really care either, despite my 5000 posts on the topic. It's not as if I would ever give them money for any of the pointless nonsense they've "promised."

@jaybird there's a dude in the Medium feedback who posted a juicy rant about physical media. He's a Phelan follower on YouTube. I admire their enthusiasm but feel bad about their inevitable disappointment.

• Like 2

Is it a pigeon or just a member of the general public? I don't really care either, despite my 5000 posts on the topic. It's not as if I would ever give them money for any of the pointless nonsense they've "promised."

My guess is pigeon.

post-5573-0-30824900-1558569852.jpg

• Like 7

Here's an innovative new retro-style game player. I can already tell that the crank on this thing (for gameplay, not to power it up) is going to work and feel better than the thumb-and-forefinger rotating stick on "AtariBox."

https://play.date/

Regarding the new "AtariBox" stick, what's to stop it from slip-sliding around in circles when you're using it as a conventional old-style joystick? Do not want.

• Like 5

Now I know what that monstrosity reminds me off. :ponder:

post-21025-0-96149500-1502552780.jpg

It's the Atari VCS "Pro" controller. They thought because sony added to the height of the console with the PS4 they could one up the market and do the same with the controller instead :P

EDIT: Sorry, I should have said PowerA did this at the whim of Atari because Atari themselves still have nothing done or worth showing anyone. We all know if they did it would be plastered everywhere they could post it.

• Like 5

Just reply to the tweet, with I don't care, that you don't care. And give me some of your money, I'll send you some nice renders.

I'd go with "If you don't care, send me $200. I'm just as likely to make a console as Atari at this point."

• Like 5

Cool, actual production samples. Still black and white and $150.

Yeah, definitely feels like a mix of an art/design project and a games system than anything. A novelty, but it isn't trying to be anything else. Unlike the Ataribox, which to be honest I can't understand how it's even still going.

• Like 3

Got into a discussion on the NotmyatariVCS page on facebook...

attachicon.gifatariVCS.PNG

That's why I stay away from most of the retro gaming groups on Facebook (or anywhere other than AtariAge). Every discussion is basically me saying something that goes against the groupthink followed by a self-appointed representative of the group saying I'm "just a hater" then trying to prove he's got more "cred" than I do by listing off the 5-10 super common 2600 games he owns.

• Like 10

That's why I stay away from most of the retro gaming groups on Facebook (or anywhere other than AtariAge). Every discussion is basically me saying something that goes against the groupthink followed by a self-appointed representative of the group saying I'm "just a hater" then trying to prove he's got more "cred" than I do by listing off the 5-10 super common 2600 games he owns.

I'm sorry, did you not see that he STILL HAS HIS OLD ATARI?

Apparently he's the one. No one else has one. That makes him a god.

• Like 8

It's humorous when pigeons for "Nutari" have this sense of either thinking Atari is still the old Atari that died in the nineties, but instead still thinks it's still going; or refusing to know the truth that the current Atari is really just a mediocre company with a name slapped on selling speakerhats and renders.

post-18158-0-64629400-1558587618.jpg

• Like 5

It's humorous when pigeons for "Nutari" have this sense of either thinking Atari is still the old Atari that died in the nineties, but instead still thinks it's still going; or refusing to know the truth that the current Atari is really just a mediocre company with a name slapped on selling speakerhats and renders.

It's not the blind devotion to new Atari that gets me. If believing it's the same company makes them happy, then let them believe. It's when they get all "I still have my original copy of Swordquest, WITH the comic, so I don't see how anyone could possibly be a bigger Atari fan or know more about Atari than me!" That's when I need to get out of there before I do something I'll regret later.

• Like 7