IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

Well, you know about "Atari":  they'll use others works without giving any consideration of it being copyrighted, trademarked. But if someone else outside of "Atari" uses their likeness or anything related, then they'll get a lawsuit from "Atari's" shyster division.

• Like 2

i find it pretty telling when being continually pressed on the 'does it actually have software' question, Atari's account on Reddit has been pretty quiet.  They sure were pimping the Master's Atari last week!  On the wasteland that is their Facebook page, the only posts seem to be about 'old' Atari and how it influenced their totally-not-a-computer console.

Instead, let's listen to a rap about the Atari.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Stephen said:

Excellent!  Wonder how P-Dubs will spin this into something positive and say it is still a good investment opportunity?

I think one of his early quotes could be reused: "The next 6 months are going to be very interesting."

Many of us can agree with that, but for various reasons.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, carlsson said:

I think the Centipede should be Atari's mascot? Yes, it is the villain of the game but it might fit very well in this context. Shoot it once, and it just splits into two.

centipede_promo_toy.jpg

Hail Hydra.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

I started a Human Centipede meme but thought better of it. Even I am constrained by the limits of good taste. 

Unexpectedly relevant South Park episode:

"HumancentiPad", stylized as "HUMANCENTiPAD", is the first episode of the fifteenth season of the American animated television series South Park, and the 210th episode of the series overall. It originally aired on Comedy Central in the United States on April 27, 2011. In the episode, Kyle is kidnapped after agreeing to an iTunes user agreement, and forced to become part of a "revolutionary new product" that is about to be launched by Apple. Meanwhile, Cartman, who has not acquired an Apple iPad, pesters his mother on the issue, drawing her ire.

I won't post the picture, but the product is being part of the centipede.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, carlsson said:

I think one of his early quotes could be reused: "The next 6 months are going to be very interesting."

Many of us can agree with that, but for various reasons.

I've been waiting WAY longer than 6 months for this whole project to "blow my balls off".

• Like 2

MY personal opinion is there's no where near enough homebrewers and hobbyists to keep this project afloat and profitable, especially when it's been pitched at Joe Blow Nostalgia Buff and Netflix Mom as The Return of Atari.

• Like 7