IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

18 minutes ago, pacman000 said:

A loooooong time ago someone said tacos were more valuable than another crowd funded console, since tacos exist.

I still say quesadillas are better, but everyone else likes tacos.

Taco is more fun to say. Taco, Taco, Taco...

alongtimeago.jpg.1e6ef6e496accd0581284a26b123765b.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Flojomojo said:

Because it's hard to understand why else we'd have folks saying things like this. 

sigh.thumb.PNG.20197ffced9df2c9c2ddcae1d924a9ed.PNG

Someone tried to post that interview to the sub-reddit, but I jettisoned it. It's all about Atari Crypto and nothing about the VCS... but that didn't stop a certain "investor" from questioning the post removal.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

24 minutes ago, Spriggy said:

getout.gif.a702afc41c289024f67412934a2e63b2.gif

I kind of agree... I mean it's funny I guess, but now that we are getting closer to the "release date," I do get annoyed that you have to scroll through a bunch of posts about tacos to get to any real discussion (positive or negative)

7 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

Surprise! (about as much as a surprise that Monday comes after Sunday)

Raspberry Pi 4 is out today, starting at the same $35 as before, but with more RAM options. https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/raspberry-pi-4-on-sale-now-from-35/

It’s the real “Raspberry Pi of the living room.” It would be fun to see some benchmarks for this versus “Atari VCS” but I guess the ravings of the IGG backers will have to suffice for now. 

I personally thought the lemonade was quite the refreshing change from tacos.

What is weird is that other than the board changing we still don't have anything to discuss. 

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, bmadgames said:

but now that we are getting closer to the "release date," 

Pending delays ...... again ..... and again ..... and then maybe again ... again.

29 minutes ago, bmadgames said:

I do get annoyed that you have to scroll through a bunch of posts about tacos to get to any real discussion (positive or negative)

Don't forget Fat Elvis's, Pigeons, Comic Book Memes, Tin Giant Test Posts, Old Sandwiches, Sock Puppets and more recently ... Mr Fuji and Lemons. ?

tissue.gif.c67e17fa527e8241ea8249b486cba94c.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I think I probably mentioned this about 18 months and many, many tacos ago but I just cannot grok this kind of devotion to a name. I can understand admiration of a company and its products, but not slavish devotion to an empty brand name regardless of what random guy buys it.

I've compared it to losing Sparky, the family dog, naming a new dog "Sparky," and then being excited about Sparky being back. The mind boggles.

Screenshot_20190624-152446.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Lodmot said:

Hi there. o u o

Haven't seen you guys in 30 years. What's cookin?

Lemonade. Waiting to hear some news. Supposedly being told on facebook that as a backer on IGG partners have been announced. (I don't think the guy knows what he is talking about.)

47 minutes ago, racerx said:

I think I probably mentioned this about 18 months and many, many tacos ago but I just cannot grok this kind of devotion to a name. I can understand admiration of a company and its products, but not slavish devotion to an empty brand name regardless of what random guy buys it.

I've compared it to losing Sparky, the family dog, naming a new dog "Sparky," and then being excited about Sparky being back. The mind boggles.

Screenshot_20190624-152446.png

Yes.  It boggles! ? 

bubbajp.gif.128b65b6b7bcae3dd22d020a406871aa.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, bmadgames said:

I kind of agree... I mean it's funny I guess, but now that we are getting closer to the "release date," I do get annoyed that you have to scroll through a bunch of posts about tacos to get to any real discussion (positive or negative)

there is no real discussion, they keep makin promises and changing things around meanwhile since 2017 and less than 6 months to go the best they got is STILL some 3d printed shells and a dumpster dive pizzabox pc behind a black shroud running a generic big box frontend 

• Like 5

I went back a couple pages and I didn't see it mentioned, but the Raspberry Pi 4 was just recently announced?

1.5 ghz, 64bit, QuadCore, up to 4 gig ram, gigabit ethernet, USB 3.0, 2x HDMI ports, Micro SD card slot...tons of other IO (mic, video in...)

The Pi 3 is everything the Ataribox wants to be only with a huge following and massive 3rd party support. The Pi 4 just takes what the Pi 3 is and turns it to eleven. Plus, it is in production and actual product is on it's way through retail channels now, no Kickstarter money used, and it is a derivative of a successful product with many quality software projects ready to be ported to it. 

It's just interesting to me how some people can be so enamored with the FauxTari product when what they want is available now for much, much less money.

• Thanks 3

3 hours ago, bmadgames said:

Just curious. What would you like to talk about in regards to the box? I will start.

I think the case design is nice and wish the current gen systems looked that nice. I would be concerned about ventilation though.

The PowerA joystick looks nice. The other controller is another okay Xbox style controller...

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, bmadgames said:

We're just killing time amusing ourselves until there's actually something to discuss.

I mean, their big June announcement was that Walmart and Gamestop are selling the VCS. What? video game retailers selling a video game console? That's unheard of! ?

Oh, and the classic joystick has two buttons now.

Now we just wait until a) this thing actually ships in December or b) Atari announces another delay.

I suppose it's possible that they will release another video of someone playing Centipede between now and then. That's something to look forward to.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

Surprise! (about as much as a surprise that Monday comes after Sunday)

Raspberry Pi 4 is out today, starting at the same $35 as before, but with more RAM options. https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/raspberry-pi-4-on-sale-now-from-35/

It’s the real “Raspberry Pi of the living room.” It would be fun to see some benchmarks for this versus “Atari VCS” but I guess the ravings of the IGG backers will have to suffice for now. 

And there are 3 options!

• Like 1