IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

3 hours ago, TACODON said:

My plan if I get stuck with this overpriced paperweight is to sell it as fast as I can before the pigeons lose all faith.

Which edition did you back and at what price. I have been looking to preorder. PM me if you want to sell your IGG order.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, AlecRob said:

I swear this place is full of get off my lawn ass codgers.  

Guilty as charged. 

Butthurt that somebody else owns atari IP

Not so much. I was fine with Bushnell, Warner, Tramiel, Hasbro, and Infogrames holding the name. I don't have a ton of respect for Fred Chesnais, but I never had any issue with his ownership of the name. I've bought most of their recent products, was a big fan of the Flashback Portable, and have Tempest 4000 and the Flashback Classics collections on all available platforms. They've gotten more money from me than most "ass codgers" out there. 

What changed? When this ridiculous project "launched" (if you really want to call it that) almost exactly two years ago. It's been nothing but embarrassment for them ever since. 

And my butt feels fine, thanks for asking. 

mash up taco GIF

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 4

I swear this place is full of get off my lawn ass codgers.  Butthurt that somebody else owns atari IP

Ya you're right! What a pile of jerks! You should probably leave and never come back so you don't have to put up with it ever again!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

I swear this place is full of get off my lawn ass codgers.  Butthurt that somebody else owns atari IP

Butthurt?

Who here is butthurt?

We're just having a good time making fun of this boondoggle of a product.

Sorry if that hurts your feelings.

(Is "boondoggle" a codgery enough word? Would "flim-flam" be better? Maybe something else?)

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

44 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

mash up taco GIF

Eat tacooos, eat tacooos

I am one with the beef and Che-ee-eeese

Eat tacooos, eat tacooos

Extra habanero ple-ee-eeese!

I don't care if it's beans or carne

Lay the condiments on

The gas never bothered me anyway!

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, AlecRob said:

Someone else mentioned wishing the taco stuff would stop and talk about more positive things. I quoted them told them what I thought and asked what they wanted to talk about. So I will do the same with you.

If you are tired of tacos talk about the positives. Why do you love this thing? What games are you looking forward to? What do you love about the new IP holders and what they've done so far?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Someone else mentioned wishing the taco stuff would stop and talk about more positive things. I quoted them told them what I thought and asked what they wanted to talk about. So I will do the same with you.

If you are tired of tacos talk about the positives. Why do you love this thing? What games are you looking forward to? What do you love about the new IP holders and what they've done so far?

I’m remaining neutral.   They havent particularly done anything to make me hate them. So there were a few delays and whatnot...  I’m still not convinced that VCS is a horrible tragedy or anything.  I’m just glad to see something, ANYTHING different happen in the game hardware industry.  I’m so bored of microsoft sony and nintendo.  The prospect of a platform NOT made by those companies almost outweighs the negatives lol  

in any case, i’m going to buy and support the intellivision amico with the vast majority of my dollars.  VCS is merely a curiosity.  

Edited by AlecRob
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, AlecRob said:

I’m remaining neutral.   They havent particularly done anything to make me hate them. So there were a few delays and whatnot...  I’m still not convinced that VCS is a horrible tragedy or anything.  I’m just glad to see something, ANYTHING different happen in the game hardware industry.  I’m so bored of microsoft sony and nintendo.  The prospect of a platform NOT made by those companies almost outweighs the negatives lol  

in any case, i’m going to buy and support the intellivision amico with the vast majority of my dollars.  VCS is merely a curiosity.  

I think the Amico is your best bet in terms of different direction. The Tacobox is just a PC.

The Amico will have a great buy in price and good price point for games. I'm liking the vision too. Ataribox lacks all of that on top of Horrendous communication.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

I think the Amico is your best bet in terms of different direction. The Tacobox is just a PC.

The Amico will have a great buy in price and good price point for games. I'm liking the vision too. Ataribox lacks all of that on top of Horrendous communication.

As a 23 year old looking back at history it seems that atari has always kinda sucked... lol... the 2600 was good for the 1970s, quickly outdated, then just about every other system they put out was considered lackluster. The 7800 has hardly anything to play on it, rehashes of games that nobody cared about in the 80s, lynx had great graphics but the battery lasted about 5 seconds, the ST has worse versions of amiga games, the 5200 is a 400/800 clone with less software and poor quality controls. The jaguar has next to nothing worthwhile on it IMO... the XE series of 8bits seem to have cheap feeling build quality and poor keyboards... 

i guess the best atari system has to be the 800XL with 128k ram upgrade mod :)  or the 48K 800 because it looks badass... other than that i dont see much in atari’s back catalogue that interests me.  If anything atari VCS will be a stylish way to emulate all those systems on atari hardware.  (Atari has a rich history of releasing systems they didn't even design, anyway)

Edited by AlecRob

t's interesting to watch history repeat itself, in an odd way. When the Intellivision launched in 1979, it had much better specs than the Atari 2600-- basically every game looked better on the Intellivision. The controller was pretty funky, but the 2600 controller hasn't aged very well either. The Intellivision also had a much higher MSRP than the 2600, because the product was higher quality. I love the Atari anyway because of the universal appeal (people of all ages and skill levels can understand the controllers, and people of all ages and skill levels can understand the best games. I've never met a person who didn't enjoy a good competitive game of Outlaw or Realsports Tennis). But even as an shameless Atari fanboy, I can't deny that the Intellivision was better hardware than the 2600.

It's been 40 years since the Intellivision launched, and now we're getting a new Intellivision and a new VCS. And once again, the Intellivision looks like a much better product that the VCS. The VCS just seems sort of confused. Is it a PC or a Console. It's the "unconsole" and "a laptop to plug into your TV"... Even though I can already plug my laptop into my TV, and my laptop has much better specs than the VCS. Atari "modernized" the 2600 controller by adding flashing lights, a shoulder buton, and making the stick spinny, which might not feel so great. The Amico, on the other hand, has a pretty clear design philosophy of being a good console for families. The simple controller, affordable price, and family friendly games with a focus on local multiplayer demonstrate that unlike the VCS, the Amico knows what it wants to be, it's told us what it wants to be, and I'm on board for what it wants to be

6 hours ago, AlecRob said:

There is literally NOTHING to be "Butthurt" about and likely there wont be, sorry you bought into this nonsense. We didn't invest in this non console so we're good thanks. ?

• Like 4