IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

11 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

Yep, $50 for a 512GB SSD seems more than fair. I remember those prices too. Yet "Atari" is shipping with a 32GB eMMC, the same capacity that came in my $199 HP Stream laptop from 2014. Ridic!

But the 32GB eMMC is inside of a box designed by ATARI, which means that it's extra-super-hyper-edition-awesome, and worth every penny. It's like having 32TB of space, as long as you pretend that 32GB is still a lot of space to do things with!

Edited by Shaggy the Atarian
  • Haha 3

Am I mistaken, or are some of you debating if AtariSA will have a big markup on low quality components, or if they will produce lots of extra inventory to have on store shelves? Have you not met these bloviating windbag hacks from another dimension?

cap_r.png

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, racerx said:

You can't add that to your failed console collection...

I don't want a failed console collection; I want a collection of interesting consoles, some successful, some not.

The most interesting thing about the Ataribox is this thread; I'd be better off with a long print-out.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, pacman000 said:

The most interesting thing about the Ataribox is this thread; I'd be better off with a long print-out.

A few thousand years from now, this thread will be all that remains of our current civilization and it will be the Holy Text for the largest religion on earth: Tawkobawksism.

"I quote from the book of PowerDubs: 'Mine Atari stock doth double over in value. If they should continue apace, soon they shall be worth enough to exchange for a taco.'"

• Like 2

I have to ask-- what is a speakerhat? Is it just a hat with Bluetooth speakers? Why would I want that? I absolutely hate it when I'm on public transit and there's some jerk playing music from a speaker. Is this a hat for people who want to walk around with terrible music playing from their hat and get dirty looks from strangers?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Mike_2000 said:

I have to ask-- what is a speakerhat? Is it just a hat with Bluetooth speakers? Why would I want that? I absolutely hate it when I'm on public transit and there's some jerk playing music from a speaker. Is this a hat for people who want to walk around with terrible music playing from their hat and get dirty looks from strangers?

As god is my witness, as I sit here today, I was 100% sure it wasn't actually a hat with speakers, but just something that looked weird and earned a mocking speakerhat name somewhere in the bowels of this thread.

Then I googled and saw it was real, and my world has been upended. There's a darkness in this world that must be stopped.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, hoserama99 said:

As god is my witness, as I sit here today, I was 100% sure it wasn't actually a hat with speakers, but just something that looked weird and earned a mocking speakerhat name somewhere in the bowels of this thread.

Then I googled and saw it was real, and my world has been upended. There's a darkness in this world that must be stopped.

Like I said in the Amico thread, Atari has earned this shit post thread honestly.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

It's like a preview of the "Atari VCS," but with Windows, a screen, a pointing device, and lots more storage. Bring your own Atari Vault, which is now on sale for five dollars. 

This $300 Laptop Is Perfect for Your Budget

Oooo Tempest 4000 is $10 right now half off. Is it worth it?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/688140/Tempest_4000/

Typhoon 2001 is better than Tempest 4000 in most ways, and it is entirely free. It even has a Linux port.

Pro tip, if you get bored of waiting for the Ataribox, buy a Raspberry Pi with a 2600-inspired Case, install Linux, and get Atari Vault and Typhoon 2001 up and running on it. It's a practically indistinguishable experience! I think I have a Raspberry Pi in a drawer somewhere that my brother gave me. How would y'all feel if I bought a cheap Atari Case and tried to make my own AtariBox?

24 minutes ago, Mike_2000 said:

Typhoon 2001 is better than Tempest 4000 in most ways, and it is entirely free. It even has a Linux port.

Pro tip, if you get bored of waiting for the Ataribox, buy a Raspberry Pi with a 2600-inspired Case, install Linux, and get Atari Vault and Typhoon 2001 up and running on it. It's a practically indistinguishable experience! I think I have a Raspberry Pi in a drawer somewhere that my brother gave me. How would y'all feel if I bought a cheap Atari Case and tried to make my own AtariBox?

I think someone did a 3d printer case....

I have a Rpi that has 2600 and 7800 on it. You will need a keyboard to access the menu in Stella.

1 hour ago, Mike_2000 said:

I plan on doing that for my RPi based retro computer, but then I decided that I don't want any Atari name or logo on my case.

Atari Corp. never gave a damn about their ST/Falcon computers 25 years ago and the current owners of Atari are doing a desperate cash grab so to hell with them...

To me the real "Atari" has always been the community of users, not whoever runs the company down to the ground.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, frankodragon said:

hoping_for_heated_argument.thumb.jpg.0c16400b5898793764bbba42a0dd4688.jpg

It's liking watching two Muppets in the Thunderdome, armed with toy squishy hammers.

On a side-taco, is it just me, or are the Atari news and media announcements sounding more & more like they just cured Cancer? ? 

Atari® Partners with Six Flags® to Add Branded Real-World Theme Park Attractions to RollerCoaster Tycoon® Touch™

bombdiggity.gif.36fe8801b7e24f392e73a3c0e5aefd01.gif

• Like 1