IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

But but but! Indiegogo did everything they promised (take the money). It's the campaign runners that are failing to deliver! THAT'S ON THEM

Also, if you get an "Atari VCS" and you aren't having any fun with it, THAT'S ON YOU because they've given you unprecedented freedom to create within their unlimited sandbox of freedom!

Un-console! Fuck yeah!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Look for "Atari" to try to capture some sort of halo effect from good reviews for the higher-performing, higher-priced new silicon from AMD. Note that these are NOT the same thing that is going into "VCS" someday. 

https://gizmodo.com/amds-third-generation-ryzen-cpus-are-just-terrific-1836214501

and if anyone attempts to juice that stupid stock anywhere on here, that person should be banned from the whole forum. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

And señor drain bamage is on the scene to help!

827589741_ScreenShot2019-07-09at9_22_47AM.thumb.png.08c2ee275cd6361c80c6a972b70d5f68.png

Gold. :lol::lolblue::lol:.  I'll have to remember that one. 

Oh P-Dubs.  Always ready for a fight ............ well .......... maybe not!

pdubsvsaa.gif.abbc5d21ab88e9609aaa6772952b0c07.gif

10 hours ago, StormSurge said:

"Carbon"?? I wonder where the Kevlar edition went? ?

Team Atacobox raided their Kevlar stocks over at Chipboard HQ, to make some pigeon proof vests.  Pigeon-Preppers if you will.

9 hours ago, JBerel said:

Whoa...all these waves are making me seasick. 

Don't forget the last wave JB ......

lastwave.gif.a1b022a89371cd1f3fe87cdb4aeb463c.gif

6 hours ago, TACODON said:

P-Dubs is trying to teach us how the stock market works over on the News for the Taco Guys thread if anyone is interested.

Roger that.  Be right over.  I'll pack some Taco's.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, racerx said:

1541862113_1126334137_ScreenShot2019-07-09at9_18_29AM.thumb.png.50405ba6a496ebd11203e410ab6492a92.png.ba2e86430aa50354a97370999c6afcdd.png

Indiegogo backers will be shipped unfinished product, and will get to help us make it work!

Ridiculous isn't it?

"Congratulations pigeons, I mean suckers, I mean sheep, We really mean Backers! Thanks for your loyalty and patience. For your efforts, at the end of December, you will receive an exclusive pre-alpha development kit to make our product even better. In addition to the console shell, you will receive a breadboard with most of the components. Please handle this kit carefully as some connections have to be held together by duct tape. After some additional investment and time on your part, you will have everything you need to help in further development. Simple as that!"

Notice: Availability of the development kit is subject to change at any time. December 31st is not a guaranteed ship date. During your development efforts, product specifications may change at any time without notice. Taco making kits and ingredients are not included.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, leech said:

I need to avoid reading this thread late at night, because it makes me want to go to Del Taco....

3 hours ago, digdugnate said:

mmm... Del Taco...

dang it!

Might be a perfect time to step up your game with tacos. Maybe someone posted these before, but here are suggestions state by state:

https://www.thrillist.com/eat/nation/best-tacos-in-america

Hey, I can get duck or octopus based tacos. Now that is classy! Might be too classy for me though.

Signs of a good taco place:

https://www.thrillist.com/eat/nation/authentic-taco-joint-good-tacos-signs

• Like 1

You are on a roll today Flojo...

What are the chances that this Atari SA group even knows there was a store back in the 1980's called the Apollo that sold Atari games in Ireland? Well, if someone believes that, I have a working prototype and a bridge somewhere to sell them....

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, cybercylon said:

What are the chances that this Atari SA group even knows there was a store back in the 1980's called the Apollo that sold Atari games in Ireland? Well, if someone believes that, I have a working prototype and a bridge somewhere to sell them....

I'd say there's a 99.9999% probability that "AtariVCS" is bluffing/lying, and that our pigeon friends are so wrapped up in hearing what they want to hear, they'll never notice. The Barnum Effect is working overtime in their heads.

These characterizations are often used by practitioners as a con-technique to convince victims that they are endowed with a paranormal gift. Because the assessment statements are so vague, people interpret their own meaning, thus the statement becomes "personal" to them. Also, individuals are more likely to accept negative assessments of themselves if they perceive the person presenting the assessment as a high-status professional.

The Apollo store looks like it was similar to Woolworth or other urban discount shop, and the space on the famous market street in Dublin seems to have been taken over by something similar called Dealz. It looks like the kind of thing that only a child's nostalgia would remember fondly, nothing particularly special. 

1640110815_ApollofromDublin.jpg.fbc128476d48ecd4851aa76524ffc50b.jpg

• Like 1

On 6/16/2019 at 10:42 PM, Shawn said:

Removing the SD card slot was a really dumb move. Having the option of removable media was going to be a nice feature. Nice enough that they used it as a talking point right up until they removed it. The SD card slot would have been the modern interpretation of the cart slot IMO. They couldn't even get that right. A USB HDD sitting next to the machine just isn't the same. Neither is an SD card reader sticking out of that same USB port. It feels unintended when you start having to add dongles and whatever else to replace a feature they removed. If an end user has to start adding their own shit to the device right out of the box? Not a good thing.

Atari should consider a  raid or pci  or a cartridge slot

45 minutes ago, Kalani said:

A cartridge slot won't get enough use to justify the expense. Most VCS buyers don't have a collection of original carts to play and most people with a collection of original carts aren't interested in the VCS (and adding one won't change our minds).

Plus, adding a 2600 slot but no Jag slot is just gonna piss off the Jag fans.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Kalani said:

Remember that, according to "Atari" themselves, the target audience for "that Ataribox?" is the moms who can't figure out the Netflix.  They'll never be able to manage RAID or an expansion card; even a simple cartridge slot would be a stretch.

13 minutes ago, KaeruYojimbo said:

Plus, adding a 2600 slot but no Jag slot is just gonna piss off the Jag fans.

... and you do NOT want to be around when that happens!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1