IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

20 hours ago, JBerel said:

Off the shelf AMD laptop boards slapped in a plastic box don't have cartridge slots. Ipso Facto, a cartridge slot is not an option. To alleviate further confusion, please see the list of other items that are not included with off the shelf boards:

• Games
  • Developer support
  • Did I mention Games?
  • Keyboards
  • Games
  • Mouse
  • A clue

When you put all that together, you get Gidkigma!

• Haha 1

“The critical ingredient is getting off your butt and doing something. It's as simple as that. A lot of people have ideas, but there are few who decide to do something about them now. Not tomorrow. Not next week. But today. The true entrepreneur is a doer, not a dreamer.” 
― Nolan Bushnell, founder of Atari

giphy.gif giphy.gif giphy.gif  giphy.gif

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, PlaysWithWolves said:

PDiddles wants that $1 stock price, bad.

Considering that when he posted in Reddit he invested "tens of thousands" in Atari stock, I can see why.  He'd double--nearly triple--his investment. 

If getting that dolla-bill stock means wearing a silly hat and pumping up a company he admits have been inept, then so be it.

Just don't call him a shill. ?

you just dont know how stock works! lol- 'Stocks according to Dubs'  ;)

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, PlaysWithWolves said:

PDiddles wants that $1 stock price, bad.

Considering that when he posted in Reddit he invested "tens of thousands" in Atari stock, I can see why.  He'd double--nearly triple--his investment. 

If getting that dolla-bill stock means wearing a silly hat and pumping up a company he admits have been inept, then so be it.

Just don't call him a shill. ?

Tens of thousands of dollars? Maybe we should be nicer to Dubs. Considering how low Atari stock has gone, he might be the majority owner.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

In truth, I suspect the guy is eating paste in his mother's den offering awful stock advice to anyone who will listen and sitting on an awesome savings bond he got from Gammy in 1975. The guy's lack of knowledge and insistence he is a stock titan reveal his illegitimacy. His shtick is more about convincing strangers he is knowledgeable and has money to burn, so he posts on user groups and reddit from his yacht like all millionaire stock geniuses. That or he's deliberately shilling and trolling for Atari which should have him mocked mercilessly or banned across the board. I vote for public mocking.  

https://www.thebalance.com/can-you-make-money-with-penny-stocks-4156838

"It’s a funny thing about penny stocks — people will invest in them even though they suspect the share price is being manipulated, according to a recent study by the National Bureau of Economic Research.

The odds are actually higher you’ll lose more money than gain from a penny stock investment.

Follow These Guidelines to Pick a Winning Penny Stock:

redx-2T.jpgFocus on Earnings: Target penny stocks that have robust earnings growth and that trade close to its 52-week high. 

redx-2T.jpgDon’t Trust Penny Stock Newsletters: Often, penny stock investors turn to penny stock newsletters for good recommendations. Yet, just as often, those newsletters are unreliable and actually own shares in the same penny stocks they’re touting.

redx-2T.jpgAim for Penny Stocks With Heavier Trading Volume: The more a penny stock trades, the more reliable it is. That’s why it’s important to focus on penny stocks that offer a high trading volume (aim for penny stocks that trade over 100,000 shares per trading session.)

redx-2T.jpgAbide By the “Over .50 Cents Per Share” Rule: Another good rule of thumb — only trade in penny stocks with a price over .50 cents per share. Stocks that trade for less than that price are usually highly speculative and include companies with no discernable track record of success.

redx-2T.jpgDon’t Buy a Penny Stock That’s “Talked Up”: The penny stock market is littered with the broken dreams, and drained bank accounts, of investors who purchased the stock based on an “expert’s” opinion that the stock price will eventually skyrocket. Penny stocks are notorious for having existing shareholders, who often present themselves as objective investing experts to "tout” or “talk up” the stock to artificially inflate its price. Don’t fall for that scam.

redx-2T.jpgBe Practical: With penny stocks, the odds of losing 25 percent or more of your investment are stronger than earning that rate of return."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, godslabrat said:

Well, you can stream videos on the Atari, and Biff was the first person to ever talk about video games in front of a camera... CLEARLY THEY'VE BEEN PLANNING this for decades!!

19 hours ago, Shaggy the Atarian said:

They should take Biff up on his offers of exclusive garbage games, then change the VCS name to the Infogrames BiffBox. 

That would be more appropriate.

Imagine how excited VCS owners will be when they start up their new un-console for the first time and see all their options!

20190712-1.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

11 minutes ago, KaeruYojimbo said:

Imagine how excited VCS owners will be when they start up their new un-console for the first time and see all their options!

20190712-1.png

It's not for you, it's not for me, but at least one true believer is legit excited to play some 2KB Atari 2600 ROMs! Also note the rerun of the coffee mug. It's like a low-budget cartoon where scenes are recycled to fill time. 

1375157944_ScreenShot2019-07-11at1_05_02PM.thumb.png.8f81f0270a358b4e01df45153049d5d6.png

PowerDubs showed us his unhappy-investor email to Atari which begins, "As an investor of tens of thousands of shares ..."

Last night I also saw he wrote elsewhere in the innerwebs that he invensted in "tens of thousands", but for some reason I can't find that post again.  

He didn't say what he paid, but in a Reddit thread he says, "At less than .45c a share it won't take much to bring a huge smile to my face." 

Back then, PONGF didn't exist.  So I presume he'd have had to buy ATA.  Today's ATA is 0.39EUR, which is 0.44USD.  I'm not sure, but that also seems "less than .45c [sic]"

Disclaimer:  I'm totally winging it with that last paragraph and know nothing about nothing.  Also, @JBerel could be right that neither does Powerdubs.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

That feeling of being banned by a very important social media influencer. 

The offending content is below.

587957869_strangelyfamiliar.thumb.png.5973dee000981501721162b6c76452ec.png

I'm dying to know what important social media influencer banned you, but I don't get why you posted a pic of the VCS Facebook page. :)

Speaking of the VCS Facebook, my comment on the Jack Black pic calling them "Infogrames Masquerading As Atari" seems to have vanished, but I didn't get banned. Also, anyone know who's behind this?

Screenshot_2019-07-11-11-09-26.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Flojo did the screenshot that to show us that horribly-offensive post--which was just showing it was a rerun.  Weak, Atari.  Weak.

Also, I find that the ever-astute @Flojomojo documented a now-deleted(?) Reddit post where Pdubs said he invested tens of thousands of dollars in Atari stock

Well, I think that's what Dubs meant with this:

On 1/6/2018 at 7:48 PM, Flojomojo said:

I for one, although I have already invested tens of thousand since of dollars in Atari stock will certainly be buying the Atari box on Thursday, as I already have for the Atari speaker hat.

43 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

10,000 shares of a 45 cent stock is $450

20,000 would be $900

You're slipping Flo, and you missed a decimal point. 10,000 shares @ .45 is $4,500

Thing is, most OTC sales channels for penny stocks have a minimum threshold and won't entertain transactions less than 5 or 10K. It's not worth their trouble when the initial purchase can evaporate in record time. 

If our pal purchased anything at all, (and that's equally as likely as simply spouting on about something you don't have), then he most likely bought exactly $10K worth based on his penchant for embellishing everything just like Fauxtari. Most of the suckers who buy into the penny stock hype are talked into a nice round number like that by the broker, then they sit back and covet it like Gollum while trying to convince the rest of the world of the "great" opportunity to make themselves feel more confident in their decision. 

• Like 5

I think that's the second time in a few days where you've corrected my sloppy math. Blame the public schools. No politics. 

$4500 is real money and putting that much into "Atari" is just idiotic. If that's true, it's no wonder he's so desperate to talk up the stock everywhere he goes. Nobody needs that many Speaker Hats. 

• Like 2