IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

17 hours ago, Spriggy said:

On a side note ...

Atari Biopic to Undergo Tokenization through tZERO and Vision Tree

Nice research there Mr Stoner.  A biopic movie on Bushnell and the REAL Atari .... with a pic of the currently NOT-REAL Unconsole and Uncontrollers. 

It might be due to my stupidity, but these get-rich articles about blockchain confuse and annoy me. Can you find the buzzwords I've swapped out of their original article?

Pet rock Goes to Hollywood

Today, magic beans issuance platform, tZERO, has announced a new partnership with Vision Tree. This alliance will see the latter asteroidize an upcoming movie they are developing through the use of services rendered by tZERO.

The magic beans to be minted, and issued, are expected to raise upwards of $40 million in funding towards the development of an upcoming movie. Investors in this asteroid will be rewarded with, not only a vote in the development of the movie, but rights to a proportionate share of the revenues.

The goal of this entire process is to change the way movies are made. By partnering, tZERO and Vision Tree are demonstrating a more efficient means of raising capital, while opening previously unattainable opportunities to qualified investors. If all goes well, this event may spark a change in the way movies are made in the future.

Atari: A Fistful of Quarters

The movie itself is expected to take shape as a biopic, detailing the journey of the iconic gaming company – Atari. This journey saw Nolan Bushnell, who also founded Chuck E. Cheese, grow a pinball repair business into a gaming giant in its time.

Despite being a household name, Atari has not found themselves to be a player within the world of gaming for years, as the industry is dominated by the trio of Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo.

Commentary

When announcing this move, various representatives of each company took the time to elaborate.

Saum Noursalehi, CEO of tZERO, stated,

“Our goal is to apply pet rock technology to capital markets and every industry that can benefit from the platform we have built. The Atari movie is the perfect project to lead the way for the asteroidization of the movie business.”

Patrick M. Byrne, CEO of Overstock.com (mother company of tZERO), stated,

“We have been looking for the team to crack the code for Hollywood and bring much needed transparency and accountability to an industry that has been historically resistant to change. This is an extremely impressive team and we are thrilled to bring the tZERO tech stack to the movie industry.”

J.D. Seraphine, Co-founder of Vision Tree, stated,

“Once we had the opportunity to connect with Patrick, Saum, and the rest of the tZERO family it became immediately clear that this is the best team to roll out the asteroid for the Atari movie.”

Benjamin Gerry, Co-founder of Vision Tree, stated,

“It has been a long process to find the right partner to asteroidize the Atari movie and to blaze a new trail for other media projects to follow. After looking closely at every major company in the space, we are thrilled to collaborate with tZERO on this exciting endeavor.”

tZERO

tZERO is a United States based company, which functions as a subsidiary of parent company, Overstock.com. tZERO serves the magic beans sector through their suite of services which allow for the creation, issuance, management and trading of such assets.

CEO, Saum Noursalehi currently oversees company operations

Vision Tree

Vision Tree is a Santa Monica, California, based company, which was founded in 2012. Above all, Vision Tree acts as a tech company, working to implement pet rock technologies within television, film, and media.

Founders, Benjamin Gerry, and J.D. Seraphine, currently oversee company operations.

In Other News

The decision to asteroidize the upcoming Atari movie is yet another example of an art medium which can benefit from the ability of magic beans to both generate, and unlock capital. Another example of a form of art being affected by the growth of this industry includes TheArtAsteroid. We recently had the pleasure of completing an interview discussing this project.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, KaeruYojimbo said:

Speaking of the VCS Facebook, my comment on the Jack Black pic calling them "Infogrames Masquerading As Atari" seems to have vanished, but I didn't get banned.

I take that back. It appears I have been banned. I'm not able to comment on any posts. I was kind of hoping there'd be something in my notifications, but I guess not. Fortunately, I saved a screen grab of the offending post (I learned from the best, @Flojomojo).  My first, and it would appear only, post on the VCS page. Done in one!

jackblack.png

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

I'm not an artist or graphics expert, but I know what I (don't) like, and there's something very off-putting about his stuff. His not-Pitfall game reminds me of this. 

It's like so many titles in the Atari Jaguar library. It can sound fine on paper, or with all the buzzwords and check boxes, but when something isn't quite right, you can tell. 

I'd still take half of the Jaguar library over what I've seen from Biff. Seems well past time for him to hire an artist, although that won't help a lick with the derivative game design.

17 hours ago, godslabrat said:

Well, you can stream videos on the Atari, and Biff was the first person to ever talk about video games in front of a camera... CLEARLY THEY'VE BEEN PLANNING this for decades!!

PLANS WITHIN PLANS! How could we have missed such brilliance before?

tenor.gif?itemid=4596927

15 minutes ago, KaeruYojimbo said:

I take that back. It appears I have been banned. I'm not able to comment on any posts. I was kind of hoping there'd be something in my notifications, but I guess not. Fortunately, I saved a screen grab of the offending post (I learned from the best, @Flojomojo).  My first, and it would appear only, post on the VCS page. Done in one!

jackblack.png

Either he's stepping on a nail or on a VCS...

(and nice way to go before the ban)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 7/10/2019 at 2:35 PM, Flojomojo said:

I'm not an artist or graphics expert, but I know what I (don't) like, and there's something very off-putting about his stuff. His not-Pitfall game reminds me of this. 

It's like so many titles in the Atari Jaguar library. It can sound fine on paper, or with all the buzzwords and check boxes, but when something isn't quite right, you can tell. 

Biff's games all look like something Shockwave.com would've politely declined fifteen years ago.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

It's not for you, it's not for me, but at least one true believer is legit excited to play some 2KB Atari 2600 ROMs! Also note the rerun of the coffee mug. It's like a low-budget cartoon where scenes are recycled to fill time. 

1375157944_ScreenShot2019-07-11at1_05_02PM.thumb.png.8f81f0270a358b4e01df45153049d5d6.png

FFS JP ?  Haunted House ... Flag Capture .... Sky Diver?   For the thousandth time ...... WHY WAIT!?

play2600games.jpg.bcd50b2b4919f033b02e2f51f4053b81.jpg

3 hours ago, jaybird3rd said:

That vintage mug from the 80s is the most exciting thing "Atari" has posted.  They should just make more of those mugs and forget about the console.

That mug is more likely a render.  If you order one .. and it does exist .. your more likely to get ..............

foamcup.jpg.113ff44f149dbe2c8fa3279379fc0afb.jpg

1 hour ago, Shaggy the Atarian said:

Either he's stepping on a nail or on a VCS...

A nail.  VCS doesn't exist ... yet .... maybe.

meanwhile.gif.e1567eb7dbbdee2f02e3ad959fbe598a.gif

Without fail ...

BH.thumb.JPG.c3ca8e99a4cd7e47851926431f9cb68b.JPG

357807691_enigmamachine.jpg.7ab8acfc166c68c3604d247d80e45e9b.jpg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Spriggy said:

FFS JP ?  Haunted House ... Flag Capture .... Sky Diver?   For the thousandth time ...... WHY WAIT!?

play2600games.jpg.bcd50b2b4919f033b02e2f51f4053b81.jpg

I know it's officially licensed "Atari" (blecch) merchandise, but the Flashback 9 is worth checking out. I like it better than the Retron 77, personally. 

Atari Flashback 9 - Electronic Games https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FK293JJ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_YQ9jDb7N4YTCC

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JBerel said:

Correction, the real Atari "mug" will have writing in crayon with backward e's.

47 minutes ago, CPUWIZ said:

Shouldn't the mug say "Discover What You Can Do For Atari!"?

Touche.  And to reflect the current Atacobox rigmarole, the cup has no bottom and holds nothing.  It just looks like a cup.

• Like 5

Well, the new Facebook page for the hardcore koolaid drinkers is starting to get nippy.   This didn't take long.  Such a motley crew of developers and fans around this thing.   It's like a bad 90's movie.  Will John Phelan use his Atari VCS powered spaceship to set a nuke on an asteroid headed towards Earth, and save us all?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Agillig said:

Well, the new Facebook page for the hardcore koolaid drinkers is starting to get nippy.   This didn't take long.  Such a motley crew of developers and fans around this thing.   It's like a bad 90's movie.  Will John Phelan use his Atari VCS powered spaceship to set a nuke on an asteroid headed towards Earth, and save us all?

I think it will be used to hack an alien ship.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Agillig said:

With the whole operation funded by billionaire day trader P-Dubs?  

Likely.  He will be swimming in lawsuits, affecting the stock price greatly.  Winning!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KaeruYojimbo said:

jackblack.png

You Don't Say?

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Osgeld said:

25 -30 (not sure cause I bought them and who the hell pay's attention to things like purchases with money) of a penny stock

maybe if everything goes to plan he will earn a whole months of adult pay

LOL, half of them were given, have a bunch more coming.  And I think buying more at my price, is probably not a terrible idea, unlike investing in some penny stock. ?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Agillig said:

I think that's just another day at the office ...the haters come, the "Atari" minion clears them out, some new ones come and replace them. Only the true believer comments (Blakeley, Phelan, etc) are left which makes them look more legit for a little while, until more haters pile on. 

Lots of OUYA talk again. And their "official" rep is just recycling the Medium posts which weren't that great the first time around. 

It's sad ? 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, KaeruYojimbo said:

I'm dying to know what important social media influencer banned you, but I don't get why you posted a pic of the VCS Facebook page. :)

Speaking of the VCS Facebook, my comment on the Jack Black pic calling them "Infogrames Masquerading As Atari" seems to have vanished, but I didn't get banned. Also, anyone know who's behind this?

Screenshot_2019-07-11-11-09-26.png

That would be me, lol.  I had forgotten about that!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, KaeruYojimbo said:

jackblack.png

Woohoo, Ban Club for life! hehehe

• Like 2