IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

1 hour ago, digdugnate said:

image.png.0922ba6d1f1d8bae02340a0cf433b07c.pngheeheehee!

I was a pretty big fanboy during the 16-bit wars, but I had nothing on these guys.  At least back then we could argue about who had the best games or Blast Processing and Mode 7.

These guys are counting on their operating system to save the day?

Edited by Agillig
Fat fingers spelling
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Chopsus at least gets that there is nothing being shown.

The naysayers do know something and that is that the backers are really getting strung along. Not in the sense that it won't be delivered, but that Atari has been anything but transparent. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Agillig said:

I was a pretty big fanboy during the 16-bit wars, but I had nothing on these guys.  At least back then we could argue about who had the best games or Blast Processing and Mode 7.

These guys are counting on their operating system to save the day?

At least there was a Sega & Nintendo system to fight over.  Try being an Atari fanboi in the 90's when the Jaguar came out, you know the wonder console that would put Atari back in the spotlight and can also be a 64-bit multimedia computer...

Yup, can't see Flo's posts even when show all is on, but it looks like you're the only one who sees your own. Funny thing, Facebook still shows an accurate reply count, you just can't see them all which is an indicator of how many they're hiding. Truly shameful.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

"I understand they can't tell us everything."

I don't.  Frankly, I don't understand why there's ANYTHING Atari can't tell us.  Their hardware is off the shelf, their software is open source, their UI was slapped together by a graphic arts sophomore in exchange for a handjob, and their game list consists of material they've sold since Billy Beer was still around.  There is literally NOTHING of mystery about this thing, except for when it's going to show up, and that's a very reasonable question to ask when you've already paid for it.

I've said it before but it bears repeating: the reason Atari won't answer questions is because they haven't developed this thing enough to know the answers.  Atari expected to be bought out and now they're genuinely surprised at having to produce what they sold.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Just goes to prove that WalMart has nothing more to do with this figment than Amazon does listing any used stuff anybody wants to sell themselves by giving it a skew number. But, boy howdy, don't they want everyone to believe WalMart is a partner in all this now? I'd love to see the actual numbers on those sales. I bet they will claim some ungodly sales later that nobody will be able to verify, but they hope it will boost their worthless stock price. Of any orders they do get, you can count on them counting all sales and not deducting cancellations or returns too.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

They really are completely shameless. Should we make a bingo card for all the cliched "member berries?" Ughhhh

535581288_Screenshot2019-07-13at11_38_08AM.thumb.png.3c3b83ab7d0240bf76e34877d78f4ed3.png

It's ridiculous they're masquerading like they had anything to do with former Atari. I find it offensive and a kick in the teeth to those who made Atari what it was.

26 minutes ago, frankodragon said:

Well, this is interesting.  On Walmart's website they have the vaporware.  Scroll down a few and you'll see a Jaguar for the same price.  So it's either vaporware or fumes. 

It's funny that it's the same price. The difference is that the refurb Jaguar is from a 3rd party and if you ordered it, you'd get it within a week. The Vapor Computer System? Who knows. It hardly seems sporting to predict a delay, but what else can you do, when their "official" mouthpiece has nothing to say except reruns of the Medium updates and "who else liked E.T.?" 

• Like 1