IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

And yet I already have multiple devices for playing Atari and Steam games, including some running multiple flavors of Linux. But I guess I just don't understand the heritage and legacy of this great project, expertly executed with brilliant communication and peerless product management. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, digdugnate said:

i can't see those comments, but this pure gold.

image.png.d65999dd50139569e1689bb8459d90ca.png

stop hating on atari, guyz!

1a. tenor.gif

1b. Oh yeah, like so-and-so and whatshisface. I love their AAA quality games!

2. I don't recall Atari proclaiming that it was a crappy pseudo-PC that could play all PC games ever made until last month. The Unconsole!

3. Arrrrrr matE3y

4. Which one, December 2019? March 2020? Whichever date that unforeseen circumstances due to cosmic rays delay it next time?

5. Fixed: "The Intellivision Amico will be awesome!"

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Q: Where are the games??

A: Did you preorder yet?

l0MYIZDdovK8zqrG8.gif

Q: Why haven't you shown anything yet?

A: Hey, look at the neat old mug!

crap-mug.jpg

Q: Why are you not answering any questions about this thing you want us to buy?

A: Who liked ET? AmIright?

et-middle-finger-5a49b54cc2d03.png

Q: What the hell is wrong with you people?

wrong_with_you_people_office_space.gif

A: Here's a picture of Jack Black for some reason.

7f9bffcaeb72746f0ebbee3af9b09f41.gif

89c80bfa20e129698f95ec9a09230540.jpg

Edited by JBerel
  • Like 6
  • Haha 6

Time for a new hot sauce, this stuff has tons of flavor and makes your eyebrows sweat. ?

"More than simply an ingredient, Crime (Luckyy Bastard Ale with freshly harvested peppers added and then barrel-aged) provides the incendiary backbone for this hot sauce as well as entree into Arrogant Consortia's seedy underbelly, sentencing all samplers to time served in pepper-induced purgatory."

IMG-6068.JPG

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Sunday morning: I just woke up and read the single dumbest thing I'm going to see for the rest of the month. That's a pretty amazing accomplishment for Dubs. 

Coming soon from Apple: the Newton 2020 personal digital assistant, back from the dead for all the retro handheld fans. Put your money up front, no refunds, no software, long development cycle, holistic ecosystem, no raw edges, we really want this to happen. 

translate the simpsons GIF

Serious question: he's just trying to wind people up with his stupid trolling, right?

• Like 9

I think in his addled mind, he genuinely believes comparing AtariSA to Apple make his worthless stock more marketable and therefore positioned for the huge gains he's still waiting for. The only thing goin for him is that these clown probably won't loose their shirts on the stupid box as they'll expend nothing more than they took the suckers for on the front end, if that. They'll probably take a profit from the suckers too.

Just now, JBerel said:

As much as I've never been a big fan of corporate Apple, Inc., they did have one thing that these Atari brand squatters have never had.....ethics......and a clue, so two things really.

not really but in comparison they come out looking like a saint

• Like 1

Maybe not ethics, but Apple did have an established track record of actually making things. Functioning things. Something Fredtari lacks.

Someone really need to explain the difference between a hater and a pragmatist to Dubs and the Pigeon Patrol. Wanting Atari to prove they can make what they promise before lavishing them with praise and handing them fistfuls of money isn't hate, it's rational behavior. Something they obviously aren't familiar with.

• Like 3

On 7/13/2019 at 12:16 AM, Flojomojo said:

361489130_ScreenShot2019-07-12at10_21_32AM.thumb.png.1a02946e4f7d276d22c947828c3b8324.png

On 7/13/2019 at 12:23 AM, PlaysWithWolves said:

Biff lecturing people about piracy ?

mkay.jpg.018a01e4ba26ac2bb84c6dbcfad59717.jpg

On 7/13/2019 at 5:30 AM, CPUWIZ said:

On 7/13/2019 at 9:48 AM, KaeruYojimbo said:

pigeon100.png

JP.JPG.82f9868ec3a69c84a4886f551fc9006b.JPG

16 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

Time for a new hot sauce, this stuff has tons of flavor and makes your eyebrows sweat. ?

"More than simply an ingredient, Crime (Luckyy Bastard Ale with freshly harvested peppers added and then barrel-aged) provides the incendiary backbone for this hot sauce as well as entree into Arrogant Consortia's seedy underbelly, sentencing all samplers to time served in pepper-induced purgatory."

IMG-6068.JPG

You rub this stuff on your eyebrows?  One tough son-of-a-bitch!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

On 7/13/2019 at 6:27 PM, CPUWIZ said:

IMG-6068.JPG

Want

So, I guess that makes us the AtariVCS Haters group by default as their pigeons keep calling us. You know, the single biggest and most knowledgeable community of all things Atari that exists simply to find fault in the first Atari product to be announced in some 20 years. Because, haters gonna hate. There could be no other reasons for such a strange occurrence. 

Legitimate reasons an intelligent person would doubt Atari's pre-order VCS Project

odometer_spinning_300_wht_6766.gif

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Inky said:

I've been banned from posting on the AtacoVCS page. :(

The moderator there seems to have no patience for people who don't drink the koolaid.   In fairness, if I was an unpaid  college intern, tasked with promoting a garbage product, I'd probably be pretty cranky too.

It's a bad look for Atari.  The biggest and most frequent accusation is that they've showed no games.  Their response is "Just wait and see" or to ban people.   How about showing some if the VCS games?   If they're claiming it will play Stream games, who not just upload a video of a popular PC game running on the system.  Show a video of someone starting up the system, booting the game, and then 10 minutes of gameplay.   That's what the makers of the Polymega did, and it showed us it was a real product.   The fact "Atari" doesn't do this is why I still think this thing is vaporware. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1