IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

38 minutes ago, Agillig said:

The moderator there seems to have no patience for people who don't drink the koolaid.   In fairness, if I was an unpaid  college intern, tasked with promoting a garbage product, I'd probably be pretty cranky too.

It's a bad look for Atari.  The biggest and most frequent accusation is that they've showed no games.  Their response is "Just wait and see" or to ban people.   How about showing some if the VCS games?   If they're claiming it will play Stream games, who not just upload a video of a popular PC game running on the system.  Show a video of someone starting up the system, booting the game, and then 10 minutes of gameplay.   That's what the makers of the Polymega did, and it showed us it was a real product.   The fact "Atari" doesn't do this is why I still think this thing is vaporware. 

While I agree with everything you said, remember that this isn't really about product support or customer satisfaction. They're just trying to juice up the brand and stock price as much as they can, for as long as they can. It doesn't matter if they eat their seed corn and squander what's left of their reputation to get there, especially if they get noticed and acquired by a bigger firm.

The job of the social media minion is to keep the name out there, to drive some cheap "engagement" with potential customers, and to demonstrate that the brand is not as dead it really is. They're stirring up "conversation" but they aren't there to answer questions. Maybe just maybe some higher-up will be made aware that the people seem to want details about software and exclusives, and that "we're doing our own thing" doesn't really cut it as an explanation. But why should they care? They already have peoples' money, they can release whatever they want, whenever they feel like it (December 2019 "deadline" notwithstanding), and who really cares about quality? They're not going to make any money off of this, it's purely a publicity stunt, paid for by people who don't know any better and refuse to acknowledge reality. 

• Like 5

All true, yet I can't help but be fascinated with the morbid notion of where this leads. At this point, what kind of misguided company or investor would seriously consider acquiring this looser, especially with the looming albatross around its neck? How does this thing turn out? I know for pre-order backers, if they ever get delivery, they'll convince themselves they're happy with it at first, promote all the neat things they're doing with it, then get drowned out by all the pissed off customers and quality control issues. That's an easy pick. But as for AtariSA, I remain curious what their death throes will be. How much of a spectacle will they make as things ultimately fizzle out or blow up in their face. Beats NASCAR.

tumblr_o45y4a5TQZ1rzbj5mo1_250.gif

• Like 5

Without any "official" information to discuss, and by forbidding any critical speech (or thinking), they're dooming themselves to the "FAQ and info thread" circlejerk we have already seen right here in river city.

It's hard to have a FAQ and information thread without any answers or information. 

Edit: good golly that was over a year ago. 

• Like 2

pigeonbakery.thumb.jpg.16d81714a151c779e1abbc004b0d61b9.jpg

HTF.JPG.6df9b5a41820921c5c0e51a50572f356.JPG

crybaby.gif.4cf2b17208c1cba6697eb46da98cd138.gif

No Mr Wiener.  We're discussing this "platform" ......... and waiting for said "platform" to possibly collapse under the weight of many bread-laden pigeons.

But trust me.  If Team Unconsole delivers their Tacoberry Pi, and it works in some form or other, I'll be the first one to eat my speaker-less hat.  No bah-humbug.  No crying.  No losing sleep.  I .. and the others .. will simply move on and continue to enjoy our interactions and discussions at the real home of Atari.  And you know where that is. ?

cooldrink.gif.bafe9acfe65dd6c110a8a9192e4aaabf.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

Without any "official" information to discuss, and by forbidding any critical speech (or thinking), they're dooming themselves to the "FAQ and info thread" circlejerk we have already seen right here in river city.

It's hard to have a FAQ and information thread without any answers or information. 

Yup, how do you have a frequently asked questions section when the answers are always:

giphy.gif

Fortunately, I've spent the last few years building up an immunity to AtariBox bullshit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

24 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

Edit: good golly that was over a year ago. 

Doesn't help that the moderator of the group appears to have serious issues.   The guy's power tripping something fierce.  If you feel so inadequate in life that you have to find validation by being a hammer fisted mod in a Facebook group of 40 people, you probably should take a sabbatical from video games and take a look inside yourself.

Once again, my statement that EVERYONE who supports this system has serious issues is proven correct.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Isn't 2 prototypes 6 months out from shipping 2 more prototypes than AtariSA has 5 months out from shipping on a twice delayed schedule??

What is that idiot smoking? 

Lest we forget, no one anywhere has ever seen a functional device in their funky plastic case, ever, not once. 

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Agillig said:

Well, I got blocked by the Atarivcs Twitter account.   They made a post about their "Kevlar" model, and I replied with an @ to Dupont.?.  Must be a rough Monday for the intern.

Sooooo ... you got banned ... for typing an '@' symbol?

OK.gif.00dd3d4a986188090f930544416e5e71.gif

These monkeys must be a hoot at parties.  God help you if you double dip the Pâté!

hanging.gif.ac304ed855389cd9023d9b5d61afa075.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Agillig said:

Well, I got blocked by the Atarivcs Twitter account.   They made a post about their "Kevlar" model, and I replied with an @ to Dupont.?.  Must be a rough Monday for the intern.

46 minutes ago, Inky said:

I was literally banned within minutes.

mrfujisan.png.71d4c16c66806cedbc039d2e68aad1fe.png

• Like 5
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, Spriggy said:

Sooooo ... you got banned ... for typing an '@' symbol?

OK.gif.00dd3d4a986188090f930544416e5e71.gif

These monkeys must be a hoot at parties.  God help you if you double dip the Pâté!

hanging.gif.ac304ed855389cd9023d9b5d61afa075.gif

No, I got blocked by their Twitter page.   They are calling their Walmart exclusive the "Kevlar" model.  Kevlar is a trademark of Dupont, and Dupont protects this trademark very vigorously.   Since this new Atari are such trademark Nazis, they should understand this concept. 

My response to Dupont with the @ to them was to notify them of Atari's post.

• Thanks 2

I'm at an airport.  Saw this t-shirt and thought of you guys.  :)

p.s. Amico is 15 months from launch and our next trailer coming at the beginning of August will show (among other things) 15 exclusive games.  Including 3 Atari licenses.  Just sayin'.

:D

0715192027_HDR.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3