IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

another pretty funny spot is where Biff is all like 'do you have a link?' when someone mentions the AtariVCS subreddit on his un-forum.

Yeah, buddy, you know where that subreddit is. lol

edit- I just can't help myself, i guess.  apparently he's just 'been there once'.

image.thumb.png.82524dd17121aff60ad0a818f9e777c8.png

16 hours ago, JBerel said:

Look out Albert.

Looks like Biffster has set up his own competing forum for him and his sock puppets to converse with themselves. Only the best information for Atari Developers who don't exist from a person even Atari won't talk to about software development of which he knows little or nothing. 

http://ataridevelopers.freeforums.net/

12 hours ago, JBerel said:

Wow, that's just sad. Every post is him, or him pretending to be a friend of his.

Maybe some of you should create sock puppet accounts on his forems under the names Harvey, Tyler, Frank and Captain Howdy just to make him feel better.

source.gif

biffmanefaces.thumb.jpg.1d5927d539445466dde9bc1033b28aaf.jpg

11 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

You all beat me to it. All I have to add is that it looks like even "Atari" wants nothing to do with Biff and his "forems."

888676235_floquote.JPG.59ef541a02b961bb1c993cca722b6e68.JPG

whereiseveryone.gif.acbb8f63ece6068b1b4ce382cad98d2d.gif

• Like 2

SlifkerGames showed off "Jungles of Natheria" to the open public for the first time at the Jan. 2018 Octronicon. We hope to attend the 2019 event as well. They have over 16,000 people over 3 days show up for the event. YouTube's BiffsGamingVideos gave up a "Biffy" award too. When confirmed we'll post it here. For more information got to: otronicon.org/

02/08/2019 - "Biff's Gaming Videos" on YouTube posted a video about the Otronicon.  About 8 minutes into it they show off "Jungles of Maxtheria".  First, they talk about indie games in general using our game and then they talk about the game.  Unlike last year, there was no interview.  No biggie.  Also, it won the award (a "Biffy") for "Best Platformer Game" for the second year in a row. Cool beans! 

Apparently, he gives himself awards too. Oy vey. 

Edited by JBerel
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, JBerel said:

Apparently, he gives himself awards too. Oy vey. 

That is truly pathetic, in the dictionary sense of the word.

(Not to give him any ideas, but I'm somewhat surprised that he hasn't yet taken his old "forems" offline.  I think there's a nonzero chance that he simply forgot his login.)

So if you look at his video, at about 8 minutes in, he essentially stacks himself up with Lockheed Martin and Disney, then does the feature review of his own game as if he didn't know it was he, himself. I wouldn't wish it upon anyone to watch the whole thing so...

At about 27 minutes he whines about liars and consequences related to a NASA both. (Irony) Then at 28:30 he awards himself best platformer game. Wow.

Looks like he changed the name of his Pitfall rip-off yet again to Jungles of Diphtheria or some such rot. Makes you wonder if he keeps changing the name of his game so he can keep giving himself new awards.

Edited by JBerel
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Aww gheesh...in his 2018 vid, at 20:30, he has an awkwardly cut in "interview" with his sister or something that looks like it's shot in his living room using nat sound from the crowd at the event in the background. He credits her as his Events Marketing person, and she's uncomfortable as hell. Then at 39:00 he awards himself his first Biffy award, so he's a two time winner. That's a record!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Atari VCS 2 Little

Atari VCS 2 Late

Atari VCS 2 Legit 2 Quit

Atari VCS 2 Bomb-diggitedy Boogaloo

Atari VCS II The Secret of the Ooze

Atari VCS Two more months til our next announcement

Atari VCS Two Hundred Dollars

You know how The Godfather II and The Empire Strikes Back are rare sequels that are considered better than the originals? Well, this ain't one of those. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

Atari VCS 2 Little

Atari VCS 2 Late

Atari VCS 2 Legit 2 Quit

Atari VCS 2 Bomb-diggitedy Boogaloo

Atari VCS II The Secret of the Ooze

Atari VCS Two more months til our next announcement

Atari VCS Two Hundred Dollars

You know how The Godfather II and The Empire Strikes Back are rare sequels that are considered better than the originals? Well, this ain't one of those. 

Atari VCS 2: The Quest for More Money

• Like 3

I had a run-in with Atari yesterday & today. I guess it's related, although if this belongs somewhere else, feel free to move.

I created a design for the Teepublic store celebrating the Lynx. The first design said Atari Lynx on the side, and had the Atari logo on the Lynx itself among other things. After it was up on the store for a few days, I got a DMCA from Atari stating that they were enforcing an IP takedown. I sent an email asking for clarification(is it just because it says "Atari" or something else? It was a little bit of a surprise as you can type "Gameboy" into the search and 37 pages of designs pop-up, many are just pictures of the GB and nothing else), but didn't hear back from Teepublic.

I figured it had to do with the Atari name on there, so today I re-uploaded the design without mentioning Atari at all - replaced "Atari Lynx" with "16-power" and blacking out the Atari logo on the Lynx itself. Image of the design in the store attached. This time, I got another takedown notice from Atari in about an hour along with a warning, despite there not being any mention of Atari at all within the design. I doubt that they legally have a trademark to an image of the Lynx, much less one without branding; the Teepublic store is loaded to the brim of designs showing Nintendo and Sega consoles, but noticing that there's nothing on there from Atari. They must have some kind of deal in place, but goes to show how much they really care about the independent creator (spelling bad news for Biff...)

teepublic_lynx.png

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

@Shaggy the Atarian

All "Atari" really has nowadays is those trademarks, and they're from the school of thought that says that if you don't actively enforce your trademarks, you can lose them. If anyone else can be shown to be making money from Atari IP, that hurts them. If they can't sell their Atari-labeled underpants to Target, their bottom line could significantly impacted. 

In contrast, Nintendo and Sega have active development using old and new IP, and even though they have plenty of officially licensed material of their own for sale, there's no shortage of buyers for their stuff. A degree of unlicensed stuff is tolerated in the fan community because it's better for them to get the word out and keep the goodwill flowing. 

I'm just talking about merch here. ROMs are another matter entirely. It's funny to me that Atari doesn't bother to go after ROM sites like Nintendo has been doing lately. Probably because their main business is licensing t-shirts, not making games. 

It's too bad they don't like your Lynx designs. It's not as if they're doing anything better. They should hire you, not send takedowns at you. 

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

@Shaggy the Atarian

All "Atari" really has nowadays is those trademarks, and they're from the school of thought that says that if you don't actively enforce your trademarks, you can lose them. If anyone else can be shown to be making money from Atari IP, that hurts them. If they can't sell their Atari-labeled underpants to Target, their bottom line could significantly impacted. 

In contrast, Nintendo and Sega have active development using old and new IP, and even though they have plenty of officially licensed material of their own for sale, there's no shortage of buyers for their stuff. A degree of unlicensed stuff is tolerated in the fan community because it's better for them to get the word out and keep the goodwill flowing. 

I'm just talking about merch here. ROMs are another matter entirely. It's funny to me that Atari doesn't bother to go after ROM sites like Nintendo has been doing lately. Probably because their main business is licensing t-shirts, not making games. 

It's too bad they don't like your Lynx designs. It's not as if they're doing anything better. They should hire you, not send takedowns at you. 

I can understand it for anything that actually says "Atari" on it like the first one did. When I got the takedown notice that time, I just wanted clarification, but figured it would fall along that line. But for something that doesn't mention Atari at all? That seems outright ridiculous to me. They really have no clue how to treat the fandom; we're giving your brand free advertising.

Of course I will not be surprised if the design or something like it suddenly shows up at Target.  

• Like 4