IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

the comment from our fine feathered friends got me thinking- I don't guess we ever bought a standalone computer that came with sticks.  The 994A, the C64, the Tandy computers, none of em had sticks (and boy were the sticks from Tandy godawful).

Good thing, then, that Nutari has positioned this as an 'un-console'!  Not computer, not console, just some poor bastard box stuck forever in purgatory.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

That's an odd thing for the fans to latch onto. Especially since ps4/Xbone stuff should work, the "modern controller" is completely generic, and the shiny retro-style "classic controller" is unproven. 

Speaking of controllers and compatibility ...

Somewhat uncharacteristically, Apple will support ps4/Xbone controllers in iOS13 this fall, walking back from their proprietary MFi (made for iOS) standard. When AppleTV gets Apple Arcade, it'll be a nice game platform with infinitely more content than Ataribox, and cross saves between phone, tablet, computer, and TV. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The natives are restless in this thread but exciting stuff is coming!  

I'm glad they made it home safely from their all-expenses-paid China vacation.  Also, good luck to the new CRM!  I had to google that acronym, because the first thing I want to hear from a new CRM is that everyone's supposed to know what the heck a CRM is.  A+ communication skills at work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, PlaysWithWolves said:

I'm glad they made it home safely from their all-expenses-paid China vacation.  Also, good luck to the new CRM!  I had to google that acronym, because the first thing I want to hear from a new CRM is that everyone's supposed to know what the heck a CRM is.  A+ communication skills at work.

Huh....even ol PDubs is foaming at the mouth with their lies now. (Or at least one of his personalities) I only have one question. When's the next fact filled edition of AtariAge Magazine coming out? That will answer all our questions with its special brand of hard hitting, in depth journalism. Oh, two questions....Who's working on their YouTube video to blow the lid off this thing entitled, "The ending of AtariVCS Explained" where we learn that all Ataribox backers were actually various personalities of Biff and PDubs and all us "haters" were secretly being trolled from the start, because any idiot knows Atari was never, ever going to do this thing? Hats off to you Biff, ya showed us all.

Edited by JBerel
  • Haha 5

Heheh

The latest edition of Monty Gabrys' Copyright Infringement Extravaganza is online now, with lots of Chaplin stills and a few words about Steam. It's easily the worst one yet, but not in a "so bad it's funny" way like the prior issues, so it's not really worth giving him the attention he craves. 

I think we could write the employee manual for the new CRM based on what we have seen so far. 

1. Someone is complaining about the lack of updates?

Stall em. Tell them we are working hard and will say more this summer. Then distract with a screen shot of an old game, or puff news from the internet. 

2. Someone wants to develop games for the system?

Send them to the developer email address. It doesn't matter to the CRM whether or not it works or there's a response. Just keep the pigeons on the hook. 

3. Someone has a shopping or billing question?

Send them to Backerkit, it's not the CRM's problem. 

4. If someone asks questions about games?

Tell them you can't reveal anything yet because that would spoil the surprise. Also, Atari Vault is coming and they can put Steam in the sandbox. 

5. Someone said something mean on Facebook or the IGG campaign page?

Delete and block. There will be a lot of these. It's important that you make it look like people like this product concept. 

6. Someone said something mean on the Reddit group?

Ignore it, no one goes there. 

7. When do I get paid?

We will update you when we have more information to share. Stay tuned!

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

8 hours ago, PlaysWithWolves said:

atacocomment.png.883a6c5d4e11d4e49eab3ea14a6cf37b.png

snailroundandround.gif.05fea48227b683dcd926084f89a864db.gif

8. What about Taco's?

Any mention of Taco's whatsoever will incur immediate disciplinary punishment, where in the employee will be required to sit through a 4 hour Atari SA CEO Fred Chesnais PowerPoint presentation.

First Aid facilities will be available at the presentation.

7 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

Heheh

The latest edition of Monty Gabrys' Copyright Infringement Extravaganza is online now, with lots of Chaplin stills and a few words about Steam. It's easily the worst one yet, but not in a "so bad it's funny" way like the prior issues, so it's not really worth giving him the attention he craves. 

I think we could write the employee manual for the new CRM based on what we have seen so far. 

1. Someone is complaining about the lack of updates?

Stall em. Tell them we are working hard and will say more this summer. Then distract with a screen shot of an old game, or puff news from the internet. 

2. Someone wants to develop games for the system?

Send them to the developer email address. It doesn't matter to the CRM whether or not it works or there's a response. Just keep the pigeons on the hook. 

3. Someone has a shopping or billing question?

Send them to Backerkit, it's not the CRM's problem. 

4. If someone asks questions about games?

Tell them you can't reveal anything yet because that would spoil the surprise. Also, Atari Vault is coming and they can put Steam in the sandbox. 

5. Someone said something mean on Facebook or the IGG campaign page?

Delete and block. There will be a lot of these. It's important that you make it look like people like this product concept. 

6. Someone said something mean on the Reddit group?

Ignore it, no one goes there. 

7. When do I get paid?

We will update you when we have more information to share. Stay tuned!

Ladies and Tacomen. Se have our official FAQ.

• Like 1

On 8/9/2019 at 8:22 PM, OverMuch said:

Quake 2?  Doom 3?  I can play those on my microwave, for god's sake. 

Ha, just about.  Not sure why he is saying the Atari VCS specs are like that of a Switch.  The Switch is barely more powerful than a Raspberry Pi 3.  I know, I own one.  The Atari VCS has about the same power (specwise) as a somewhere between a PS4 and PS4 Pro, after the hardware bump.  Granted the proce is also somewhere in between the two as well. 

Like any new console, doesn't matter who it is from, the software library is what is going to make/break it.

Assuming it comes out, and assuming people don't just use it for the Linux side and Steam, that means Undead Atari will have to get people to actually make games for it and be somewhat exclusive or they will finally get that double tap to the head that so many think they deserve at this point.

Could be worse.  We see there is a company that changed their name, bought IP and sold IP and went bankrupt, etc... but if you look at Commodore, when they went bankrupt, they were auctioned off twice, Nd their IP is something people keep suing each other for, and that is just an operating system and some custom chips!

Speaking of chips, I got some great ones, the Chilipeno ones, should get some Salsa and tacos.

• Like 2

Exciting news from of all places China? After Pres. Trump slapped them with steep tariffs? All other console makers are considering moving their products elsewhere although I don't know for certain if tariffs will impact game consoles. If someone knows more than me please post the info.

Thanks

I didn't follow the Gameband story closely, but it is my impression that it was around this stage of manufacturing that sunk that project. Portions of their design just were not working out in real life, and they ran out of money trying to fix it.

A PC board in a custom box should be simpler, but it seems odd they haven't actually shown their system working in its case yet, to say nothing of software. 

142 days remain in the year for them to keep their promise of "early access" to the paying customers. 

Andy's body is ready to "help continue the fine tuning process." ???

3B321D24-B045-4E81-BC52-9CA494F0620E.thumb.jpeg.ff9df038e6928258fc2eab50eecebef5.jpeg

• Like 4

Who knows if it spills over to the Ataribox but an April 15 presser says they're doing mobile games based on Asteroids, Fatal Run and Submarine Commander:

Three Gates AB has entered into a new license agreement with Atari®, one of the world’s most iconic consumer brands and interactive entertainment producers, to develop new mobile games based on the classic Atari games Asteroids®, Fatal Run and Submarine Commander®. Three Gates is responsible for development and Atari will be the publisher of all three titles.

“We are very pleased to deepen the relationship with Atari with two more classic titles. This is another step after Asteroids towards what we believe will be a long-term and successful collaboration with Atari,” said Don Geyer, CEO of Three Gates.

“The work that Three Gates has done so far with Asteroids is very promising and it’s exciting to see what we can achieve together with these three titles,” said Jean-Marcel Nicolai, COO, Atari.

The companies will release more information about the new projects as they develop.F

About Three Gates AB
Three Gates AB is publicly listed game development company based on the island of Gotland, off the east coast of Sweden. Founded in 2011, Three Gates is a team of experienced professionals, all gathered in a unique location with an unwavering drive and one common goal – to make great games. The company currently has a number of mobile, console and PC titles in development. For more information, please visit: www.threegates.se

About Atari
Atari is an interactive entertainment company. As an iconic brand that transcends generations and audiences, the company is globally recognized for its multi-platform, interactive entertainment and licensed products. Atari owns and/or manages a portfolio of more than 200 games and franchises, including world-renowned brands like Asteroids®, Centipede®, Missile Command®, Pong® and RollerCoaster Tycoon®. Atari has offices in New York and Paris. Visit us online at: www.Atari.com.

© 2019 Atari Interactive, Inc. All rights reserved. Atari word mark and logo are trademarks owned by Atari Interactive, Inc. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

3B321D24-B045-4E81-BC52-9CA494F0620E.thumb.jpeg.ff9df038e6928258fc2eab50eecebef5.jpeg

There is an incredible number of things wrong with Philipp's post, philosophically, morally, and otherwise, but I'll be succinct and stick with the most annoying:

"journalists like me"

"payed"

Sigh. 

Edited by OverMuch
  • Like 5

Oh, haven't you heard? There's this new internet thing dealie where any idiot can call themselves a "journalist" if they can muster the strength to type a couple words together in a slightly non random order. It's a very exclusive arrangement. I hear it's also the place to find "indie software developers" and "major international companies."

• Like 5