IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

So this is telling from little over a year ago... (No doubt why they abandoned their crowdfunding site, so they can adjust their stories as needed)  

Behind the Scenes: Atari VCS Mid-Summer Hardware Summit

Atari VCS
Aug 29, 2018 · 6 min read

We are eager to share more about specific games that will be available on Atari VCS as we get closer to our 2019 launch date. In the meantime, we hope to first release more details in the next month or two about how the Atari VCS SDK and developer program will work.

Anybody heard boo about any of that except for every dev that emailed them getting ignored or bounced back?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, JBerel said:

So this is telling from little over a year ago... (No doubt why they abandoned their crowdfunding site, so they can adjust their stories as needed)  

Anybody heard boo about any of that except for every dev that emailed them getting ignored or bounced back?

at first i was excited because i misread the year- maybe i'd have something new to read! ?

• Haha 5

Interestingly, from the 8/29/18 version of the IGG page, they were claiming the following as confirmed developer "partnerships", whatever they were implying by that. Funny how that appears to have removed since, and they've refused to make any mention of any devs since. I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume some or all of these took issue with Atari trading on their names when they had no more agreement than the Tempest 4000 folks did. 

That makes perfect sense with the "self imposed" restrictions which basically translates to, "we're not gonna drop other company names who don't know anything about what we're doing, so we don't get sued again."  Then, of course, they name drop Dupont® and Kevlarin relation to their WalMart exclusive because they're ignorant to their registered brand. Classic.

Atari VCS has already confirmed a growing list of exciting independent development studio partnerships we can share now, with many more expected to join us for launch day and beyond!

Confirmed partners include:

tysiudq86gjs0xfyq7ac.jpg

• Haha 3

I decided to try IGG again.

I've attempted to contact someone before about the shady practices of the Atari VCS during the campaign. I noticed they have again broke the rules though and wanted to report it. They did not do a monthly update for August. I know I am wasting my time since clearly I have never gotten a response from anyone or seen any action taken by IGG against them. Clearly IGG is not a customer first operation and not that anyone will care but I will never use your platform again and have advised others against using it also.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, TACODON said:

I decided to try IGG again.

I've attempted to contact someone before about the shady practices of the Atari VCS during the campaign. I noticed they have again broke the rules though and wanted to report it. They did not do a monthly update for August. I know I am wasting my time since clearly I have never gotten a response from anyone or seen any action taken by IGG against them. Clearly IGG is not a customer first operation and not that anyone will care but I will never use your platform again and have advised others against using it also.

keep fighting the good fight- who knows, maybe you'll hear something back.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

From earlier this year: Failed crowdfunded gadgets are forcing Kickstarter and Indiegogo to change

Indiegogo tells The Verge it’ll launch multiple campaigns this year with a “guaranteed delivery” badge that tells backers they’ll either receive their product or a refund. The Verge first reported on this new funding model, which was initially called guaranteed shipping. Under this optional model, founders won’t receive their raised funds until they begin to ship. That means companies have to already have enough cash to develop and make their product, which somewhat defeats the purpose of crowdfunding.

and from the comments ...

not even the SEC has such bs rules, no startup ever promised such bs, the dot.com boom, amazon, google, facebook etc none would exsist if such rules exsisted, but then i read on and saw this:

"Alongside this change, Indiegogo has welcomed more established corporate partners onto its platform"

and now i understand why real crowdfunding must die.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, digdugnate said:

keep fighting the good fight- who knows, maybe you'll hear something back.

I tried a more accusatory style to rouse them up a bit. I also commented on the page along with all the other folks coming around on this circus.

• Like 2

This saga is the Entertainingest!

Yet,  I can't help feeling like I'm binge watching something...No spoilers please (I'm a few pages back)...Don't tell me about Season 9,  I'm still wrapping up Season 8!   Are there any more new and enthralling naive cheerleader types making an appearance?  Any of those switching teams and joining us here on the Dark Side?  Any news about future announcements about new announcements forthcoming?   Does their stock have a trading volume above 0 today?  Any old timers on Fox Biz asking about Pac Man and Mario?  Any delays to make it better?

No,   Don't tell me!  It's just the questions swirling in the eddies of my Taco Filled mind...

If anyone needs me, I hope to be around page 806 today....Maybe further if nothing comes up like me needing to get up, brush my teeth, get a shower, and go to work...

Secret Message:     You're all the Best!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

26 minutes ago, GoldLeader said:

This saga is the Entertainingest!

Yet,  I can't help feeling like I'm binge watching something...No spoilers please (I'm a few pages back)...Don't tell me about Season 9,  I'm still wrapping up Season 8!   Are there any more new and enthralling naive cheerleader types making an appearance?  Any of those switching teams and joining us here on the Dark Side?  Any news about future announcements about new announcements forthcoming?   Does their stock have a trading volume above 0 today?  Any old timers on Fox Biz asking about Pac Man and Mario?  Any delays to make it better?

No,   Don't tell me!  It's just the questions swirling in the eddies of my Taco Filled mind...

If anyone needs me, I hope to be around page 806 today....Maybe further if nothing comes up like me needing to get up, brush my teeth, get a shower, and go to work...

Secret Message:     You're all the Best!!

Fred Chesnais is Luke Skywalker's father.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

7 hours ago, digdugnate said:

right here, folks, is Atari's next best hope!  I'm sure glad they have fans like Karl Prescott:

image.png.6b8667286656e2b4f19ebe132749743e.png

I'm glad he has his finger on the pulse of everything.  Helps me sleep at night.

I don t really think that making "Atari Agers", which where initially pulling for this to happen the most, and would be not only their target audience but possibly best free marketing group, into daft, dumb, doubting, do-little dimwits is possibly going to help their potential launch. If skeptics are going to be brazenly bashed and censored, then this rude, crude, dude, should be  harassed and tendered.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, digdugnate said:

The comments on the Atari VCS 'Official' Facebook page for this post are absolutely priceless.

image.png.ce8d07006ccb9c72e3a066fc85928aed.png

image.png.4b892059abc8dc99f6a3ea113035b87c.pngimage.thumb.png.5fe866fec7542c0098ba616f36e8448b.png

It goes on, but you get the gist. ;)

That almost seems like them trolling the fans. Oh you want one in your living room? Just kidding we aren't shipping them.

Now I know that they should be able to deliver. So Atari has until the 23rd to make their magical summer games announcement if we go by the equinox. What do you think will happen if that time goes by with no announcements? Wonder if the supporters will make new excuses?

• Like 4
  • Haha 3