IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

ha! or could be like those bootleg consoles that have 1000+ games, but 200 of them are bad ROM hacks of Super Mario Brothers.  ;)

i should look for some PIRATE web sites that distribute ROMS and spread HATE and LIES at the same time because I'm clearly a terrible person that has nothing better to do.  Even better if there's a FOREM that I can do this in.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

Somebody on their social media page said they'd have more announcements later this summer.

Even though we are a week past Labor Day and we have all put away our white shoes, technically there are still two weeks of summer for them to them to bring the shock and awe. 

I think a smart move for "Atari" would be to add up all the game variations of all the components of Atari Vault, and count those as if they were separate titles. Looky here, Video Olympics alone contains FIFTY VIDEO GAMES. 

AC3B39DC-B230-40D0-B529-D2F34E49EDBD.thumb.jpeg.97e212eaaa0e1e1fbea4beac7ba12631.jpeg

I was gifted a pirate NES with 200 built in games a few years ago, and to pad out the  number of games, they had extracted the events from Track and Field, and made them their own games.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

Somebody on their social media page said they'd have more announcements later this summer.

Even though we are a week past Labor Day and we have all put away our white shoes, technically there are still two weeks of summer for them to them to bring the shock and awe. 

I think a smart move for "Atari" would be to add up all the game variations of all the components of Atari Vault, and count those as if they were separate titles. Looky here, Video Olympics alone contains FIFTY VIDEO GAMES. 

AC3B39DC-B230-40D0-B529-D2F34E49EDBD.thumb.jpeg.97e212eaaa0e1e1fbea4beac7ba12631.jpeg

I wouldn’t put this past them.

8 hours ago, Inky said:

I was gifted a pirate NES with 200 built in games a few years ago, and to pad out the  number of games, they had extracted the events from Track and Field, and made them their own games.

Atgames did the same thing with the paddle blast unit. Of the 20 games, several were just individual games from video Olympics. I'm sure any resemblance of cheap Chinese knockoff machines and atgames are purely coincidental ...... wait, what thread am I in?

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

One of us, one of us. Beware Karl you might have just lost your membership to the supporters group. We aren't your enemy. We just want to see Atari not be a mockery.

So does this news mean it will have Star Wars from 1983?

Screenshot_20190909-183627_Facebook.thumb.jpg.39df3b2ebfd1981fe6599d5d386a4563.jpg

Well at least Clement is keeping his expectations low and realistic

tenor.gif?itemid=10464204

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, racerx said:

What. The. Actual. F00k.

Screenshot_20190909-172009.thumb.png.c3306a63e95cd27489332923dc7279ca.png

Also known as Atari Vault. Comes with 100 games. I am pretty sure they said early on it was 101, with the 1 being Tempest 4k. Funny how that isn't included.

Someone may have to fact check that though I could be wrong.

52 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Also known as Atari Vault. Comes with 100 games. I am pretty sure they said early on it was 101, with the 1 being Tempest 4k. Funny how that isn't included.

Someone may have to fact check that though I could be wrong.

I haven’t touched Tempest 4K since the week it came out. Are they still hoping that’s going to be their flagship packin’? Haven’t heard much about it. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ColecoJoe said:

I haven’t touched Tempest 4K since the week it came out. Are they still hoping that’s going to be their flagship packin’? Haven’t heard much about it. 

I don't think so. I have heard good things about it though. Still isn't for Linux. So I am guessing they hope people forgot about it. 

*Insert for illustrative purposes here*

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Shaggy the Atarian said:

Beware Karl you might have just lost your membership to the supporters group. We aren't your enemy. We just want to see Atari not be a mockery.

nochance.gif.a5666ba01677acd202af74e96749cb5a.gif

56 minutes ago, TACODON said:

Turns out Oscar was a troll the whole time! How dare anyone question them!

Screenshot_20190909-204131_Facebook.jpg

Paranoid much?

scarytroll.png.559ff68c701a15702367197dc7f7777b.png

trollparanoid.gif.e766d2fd7e6ab68d7229039ef0ab856c.gif

Ok.  I think the horse pigeon has been whipped enuff.  Maybe a sexy NSFW pic will help me digress .....

Spoiler

tacos.thumb.jpg.aa0c53f5e1c2a60a006e5e96ffd427d3.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

7 hours ago, ColecoJoe said:

Same here - I played it a couple of times, wanting to like it, but it really needs a spinner control. Plus, the graphics were so busy, I found them kind of obnoxious.

I don't know why Atari and their fan-boys are so upset about this thread. If anything, they should be excited to see how entertaining their new console has been before it's even existed!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, racerx said:

Apparently, pointing out their latest post was simply a repost of a deleted, misleading tweet finally dropped the axe on my VCS Facebook access.

God these guys suck. :lol:

As @themewsh points out, they seem to have removed their recycled "pro gamer move" post. Your factual comment had 19 likes (including my thumb up) when I saw it, which is more than they got. 

I suspect they have a month's worth of similarly insipid posts all queued up for automatic release, probably done without review by somebody who knows anything about the product. It's likely to happen again. 

They've always been a joke, but maybe these last obvious cockups will wake up some of the unquestioning followers. 

I wish we could be excited for something, anything they've done rather than just pointing and laughing at their ineptitude. 

• Like 1