IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

Atari abandoned Reddit when they lost the ability to control the narrative:

On 8/27/2019 at 5:43 PM, The Historian said:

u/Atari_VCS_Official has been removed as a moderator, additionally all posts the removed have been restored and the one account the banned has been unbanned. 

737663966_AtariDoesntLoveU.thumb.jpg.8a52449b0cc248cc22a40f40d120220f.jpg

That's not the worst.  While untoward Indiegogo posts continue to disappear, they meant it when they said the pre-order campaign was closed "as of June 11th, 2019".  Here's the last interaction with people who blind-faith trusted them with their money:

189824242_AtariREALLYDoesntLoveU.thumb.jpg.5474455da1833be9aa9eb3e5ca1a2185.jpg

7 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

Andy Blakely has it all figured out and wants to tell you how to feel about it. Only positive thoughts are allowed, everyone else is a closed-minded hater. If it doesn't come out, that's fine too. Also, he says he refuses to be an asshole. And yet ....

566591551_ScreenShot2019-09-12at7_00_54AM.thumb.png.66e012f641fa0bc947a4befacff22a27.png

1996452107_ScreenShot2019-09-12at7_01_13AM.thumb.png.7434d51779be437f6de3591dac0b3585.png

They are salty. The funny thing is they reference this thread but I would be willing to bet that most of the 'trolls' they interact with on their FB has nothing to do with AA. 

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

They are salty. The funny thing is they reference this thread but I would be willing to bet that most of the 'trolls' they interact with on their FB has nothing to do with AA. 

Well, the funny thing is that Lawrence Staveley has a LOT to do with AA even though I've not seen him in this thread. ;)

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Oscar Manuel Rojas Maillo said:

Yes Don. I got the Van Hammer!! XD

For some I'm a pigeon, for some others, I'm a troll. Enter the PigeonTroll! XD

I don't think that everyone who funded the program are pigeons.  There are several backers in this very thread who admited they went in knowing they might be throwing away their money.  There are also plenty of people who were fooled by Atari's smoke-and-mirror antics and saw it as pre-ordering a real product.  Those are the pigeons.

Don't get me wrong:  We all can make mistakes.  But when even the mildest of doubt gets hit with the ban-hammer, it's pretty safe to say the pigeon is strong in them.

• Like 5

Remember kids, Kool-Aid causes brain damage....

cultist.thumb.jpg.9d9da68b843bf47298ec7f68160ca5b3.jpg

This guy's a true philanthropist, donating so generously to Atari and providing all that free social marketing and brand management on spec. The guy's a treasure to the community, and a true positive influence, making sure everyone dispels all reason or self preservation instincts and doing his best to help lube everybody else up thoroughly for another pounding. Where would Atari's well communicated money grab innovative project be today without such wonderful enablers, hucksters, paid endorsers, ass clowns, supporters? Definitely not an asshole. His kids must be so proud.

• Thanks 2

@Oscar Manuel Rojas Maillo WELCOME!

Don't worry about the haters on Facebook. They will get a rude awaking in December when this wreck smashes through another deadline.

I actually was commenting in the Facebook group the other day and did attract attention from the admins for daring to not be a pigeon. I expect to get booted soon also.

1 hour ago, Flojomojo said:

On the first day of Taco-mas, 

The shambling corpse wearing the skin of Atari gave to me,

An announcement of an upcoming announcement!

On the second day of Taco-mas, Atari gave to me,

Two empty boxes!

And an announcement of an upcoming announcement!

On the third day of Taco-mas, Atari gave to me,

Three links to websites!

Two empty boxes!

On the fourth day of Taco-mas, Atari gave to me,

Four pointless questions!

Three links to websites!

Two empty boxes!

On the fifth day of Taco-mas, Atari gave to me,

Fi-ive Threeee-Dee Renders.....     

Four pointless questions!

Three links to websites!

Two empty boxes!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

12 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

BTW shout out to @The Historian for being a good sport through all of this. I heard he was given some shit from the supporters. I do appreciate what you tried to do in the early days of this whole thing. 

Don't cave to them. You do your thing. I think you've shown yourself to be fair in regards to all of this.

Thanks. It's all good. 

3 hours ago, PlaysWithWolves said:

Atari abandoned Reddit when they lost the ability to control the narrative:imageproxy.php?img=&key=ca33d2fe2d526533

They still have the ability to post, I never banned them. And when they post it will be marked as Official as I've automated that process. If they've abandoned, then that was their choice.

Edited by The Historian
  • Like 6

Bob McPigeonKenzie: Or you could have gone to a good donut shop, where if you buy twelve, you get another one free, and that could have been 13 for the thirteen days of AtariVCS 

Doug McPigeonKenzie: For next VCS, I'm getting you a chainsaw.

Bob McPigeonKenzie: Take off!

Edited by Inky
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TACODON said:

@Oscar Manuel Rojas Maillo WELCOME!

Don't worry about the haters on Facebook. They will get a rude awaking in December when this wreck smashes through another deadline.

I actually was commenting in the Facebook group the other day and did attract attention from the admins for daring to not be a pigeon. I expect to get booted soon also.

Gracias Don Tacodone :). The level of hatred from the "Werner Bros" is scary. One of them angrily answered a comment I made about letting everyone express their opinion(Since he had disallowed comments on my post), saying that it was "his JOB to moderate the group and if I didn't like the way he did it, that I knew where the door was". That "my job" part made me curious. Could theses guys be employees of either Atari or the company that runs their PR (UberstrategistPR)? 

Up until this point, as someone correctly stated, I was hopeful, albeit with concerns. But with no words/responses from Atari since it closed the IGG campaign, with no real device/OS/Software updates when we are three months from the committed delivery date to backers, and with the horrible marketing campaign which has been unable to capture potential customers, truth is slapping my face faster than an angry fish.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Historian said:

Thanks. It's all good. 

They still have the ability to post, I never banned them. And when they post it will be marked as Official as I've automated that process. If they've abandoned, then that was their choice.

Please @The Historian explain this to me I'm a peasant and need some learning to do, thanks and good evening.