IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

I saw someone posted these somewhere and I was reminded this was the last time this same version of Atari announced hardware to be released. Are we still waiting on these from 2014?

atarimobile4.jpg

atarimobile1.jpg

atariphablet.jpg

(Items depicted are for illustration purposes only. The phrase "Atari is Back" is not meant to suggest Atari is back.)

Edited by JBerel
  • Like 2
  • Haha 8

11 minutes ago, JBerel said:

I saw someone posted these somewhere and I was reminded this was the last time this same version of Atari announced hardware to be released. Are we still waiting on these from 2014?

atarimobile4.jpg

atarimobile1.jpg

atariphablet.jpg

(Items depicted are for illustration purposes only. The phrase "Atari is Back" is not meant to suggest Atari is back.)

So the fake Youtube video is actually more realized than the product they've been developing. You know because it exists...

It sucks that they've dragged people through this crap. They are going to get a fancy flashback that you can plug a hard drive into and turn into a PC. That is it.

Edited by MrBeefy
  • Like 4

On 9/7/2019 at 2:51 AM, racerx said:

I only post as myself.

Apparently every single person that finally gets tired of Atari's schtick and speaks up is a troll account. These guys are unmitigated psychos.

I had to join their 'supporters group' to see how bad it is. I've seriously regretted it.

They truly are unmitigated psychos living in a world of myopic confirmation bias.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Speaking of this. Wasn't there someone doing a 3d printer version?

There's an a work-in-progress VCS case for Rpi4 on Thingiverse.  But you may be thinking of @CommanderGrimm's:

On 4/29/2018 at 9:39 PM, CommanderGrimm said:

cMHaIHGh.jpg

The race is on! With only a 3D printer, a Raspberry Pi and an impossible quest I am committed to create my own personal "Atari VCS" *cough cough* excuse me, Ataribox, before Atari SA presents a working prototype. Sure, how could a pretty shell with third-party components filled with classic games compete with the blood, sweat and PLA of a dreamer? Tune in to find out! Announcement for the announcement for the announcement for the Preorders to be expected sometimes before the Heat Death of the Universe. The "Early Bird" special will only cost your hopes and dreams, and the special edition white taco shell will merely cost your soul. And $249.99 to $299.99.

On a serious note, after becoming impatient with a lack of details or announcements on the "Atari VCS" and realizing the absurd amount of money I would have to pour out in order to complete a collection, I began to research Raspberry Pi's in hopes of making my very own emulation box. Upon coming across this forum thread and its love for tacos I have become determined to perfect my own machine, for personal use of course. While there is no real alternative for a real VCS, something in me wants to beat "Atari" to the chase. This white 3D printed Ataribox is exactly what one would expect; an inedible shell made of PLA and put together from various promo images and renders of the Ataribox. It's is just as functional as the real Ataribox, minus the FOUR LIGHTS (and logo), so at least I've got that going for me. In the end it will fit a Raspberry Pi. Sadly, there is no room for a SNES, no matter how much electrical tape you have.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, PlaysWithWolves said:

My coleco chameleon uses the goofy brochure picture as its retropi splash screen, might have to change it to this though just to capture 2 levels of fail 

colecosplash.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

12 hours ago, TwentySixHundred said:

Problem is it's been obvious for the past couple of years and the doubts started 819 pages ago lol. Their technical specifications say they will be using an AMD chip but as we all know it's nothing but a pipe dream of AtariSA. They got nothing and never did, just a bunch of clowns holding an IP and probably sunk a 6pack thinking they had a game changing idea. Im willing to bet the further they looked into it, the realization of how deep in the shit was got hard to pull back out.

All of those backers are going to need one of Dr. Amp's golden shovels to dig themselves out once this dumpster fire had burned all of its fuel.

3aldl9.thumb.jpg.95f00119fc8082e473b4019dee76cf6c.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, PlaysWithWolves said:

There's an a work-in-progress VCS case for Rpi4 on Thingiverse.  But you may be thinkng of @CommanderGrimm's:

Yeah, if you put nice laser cut brushed black aluminum faceplate on that, it would look good!

Edited by Clint Thompson

Been a while since I've been able to check in on the forums, and still have about 70 pages of this thread to catch up on.

I do have to say, however, that one glorious item has come out of this entire saga:

?

ITS RARE AND DELICATE BEAUTY HAS MOVED ME TO TEARS.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Those cult followers get triggered though if they think they are being censored. Look at the supporters group and those youtube videos. I feel bad for them. I really do hope they get something.

If they're being censored, they won't be able to complain on any Atari-run page. What comes next?

An "I Got Burned By The Atari VCS" Facebook group? That's kinda this thread, isn't it?

Legal complaints to IGG? They won't do anything, the backers are treated as "contributors" and no refunds will be given. 

The best response they they could make to ShoeboxGate would be a video of their own. If they cared, or had anything, they'd say so, right?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

If they're being censored, they won't be able to complain on any Atari-run page. What comes next?

An "I Got Burned By The Atari VCS" Facebook group? That's kinda this thread, isn't it?

Legal complaints to IGG? They won't do anything, the backers are treated as "contributors" and no refunds will be given. 

The best response they they could make to ShoeboxGate would be a video of their own. If they cared, or had anything, they'd say so, right?

I think ShoeboxGate is the furthest along they are...

Sad really.