IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

29 minutes ago, The Historian said:

And this is now a thing. 
https://www.reddit.com/r/Atari_VCS_Official/

I hear they are quick with the ban hammer over there. 

Been there, done that.  :lol:

Odd that a simple "More to come! Stay tuned!" reply to someone's question/comment got me shown the door. I thought those were standard replies...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

Stealing the photos because they're made for exploitable memes, and because our "hardware guru" Rob has his hands down his rainbow pants in the first picture. Hey, it's almost the one-year anniversary of Rob's last update to his company website!

Rob-Wyatt-Shail-Mehta-1.thumb.jpg.00bb2f1f110184775e7d21b1f481a737.jpg

Fine... I guess I'll do it.

twice-the-fun.jpg.b26a424c0553e9e7681ec5e9dee30ff6.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, ColecoJoe said:

I know, I just thought it was fitting for Atari SA :)

Perhaps they'll claim they broke it, just like Indiegogo melted under the crushing demand for "Atari VCS." I wonder why Walmart and GameStop haven't been killed by traffic yet?

1 hour ago, MrBeefy said:

So what are the chances that Rob's now off the Atari project?

If they're really shipping by December, his design work should have been finished long ago. His resume shows he's still at Atari, but we already know how he feels about updates and communication. I'd love to know how he's been compensated thus far. 

A new "official" subreddit, isn't that adorable? Their media strategy is a kindergartener's macaroni necklace and their communications are as sophisticated as finger paint.  

FAAF0743-3665-4947-8AA6-3F6C7CBB3D39.thumb.jpeg.91879a62123d79cdac2b97585c2bd95b.jpeg

Fortunately, the original subreddit is still around and there's a ton of water cooler talk just like this. So long as it stops short of abuse, it will be allowed to remain, and hopefully the voices of truth will drown out Uberstrategist Urkel's sales pitch over in the "official" thread. 

It's very sad it has come to this. They have never looked quite as weak and feckless as they do right now. 

• Like 8

"Prove the naysayers wrong" has been his mantra from the beginning. "Nobody who says it's a scam has any evidence," he says.

As if proven shysters who take 3 million dollars up front are innocent until proven guilty.

As if the brand custodians shouldn't be held to a higher standard than haven't missed a deadline because they repeatedly moved the goalposts.

As if "Gameband wasn't their project" is a valid excuse for anything. 

As if "we are doing our own thing" means anything when "the competition" is releasing hardware and software. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, digdugnate said:

In other news, Andy's still stoking the home fires:

image.png.88015aed7a1b8e46d6d8f28f6ba09950.png

"proven wrong on everything so far"

Pretty sure that the AVCS hasn't yet been released--and that anyone in this thread who predicted the project would miss their Indiegogo production date should pick up their prize at the front desk.

• Like 8

21 minutes ago, roots.genoa said:

Well, I guess I only feel empathy towards delusional people when they look like Yael Stone, then. ?

I had to look up that name ...

'Lorna Morello' in Orange Is the New Black

Heh heh, yes, she is cute

Back on topic, I wonder if everyone in this thread has collectively eaten three million dollars worth of tacos yet? ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1