IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

So as some have pointed out already, my post was removed and I've been banned from making further comments in the Reddit thread.  I knew it would happen, but even so, it kinda pisses me off, tbh.  Odd that I feel that way, but I think it's stemming from the fact that overall, i hate being summarily dismissed.

Edited by OverMuch
*ETA Oh, I actually CAN still comment. This could get fun for a minute or two.
  • Like 6

I guess the question is... for the longest time, if someone looked up the AtariBox on the internet, they most likely got the Atari-approved sanitizer version.  How long until the internet as a whole associates this project with the dumpster fire that it really is?

It took less time to turn people against plastic straws.

Edited by godslabrat
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

You don't have to love the Amico to know this is asinineScreenshot_20190923-201841_Facebook.thumb.jpg.26882413d250b3e9e9c546632681248b.jpg.Other than the Mystique type games, wouldn't all Atari games be "G rated"?

Now the ever believers are forgetting what that Science class taught us about equinoxes. Come on Andy stop moving the goalpost. It is officially Fall. Oh and even if it wasn't all they've done is post a link to the main page.

Screenshot_20190923-203342_Facebook.thumb.jpg.b8067ba8a9ff60bc4a1e2e2375ec4e5e.jpg

download.thumb.png.f2d2d69cb5f72538ab6ab56c9a0d71f1.png

• Like 6

11 hours ago, PlaysWithWolves said:

I made a handy-dandy countdown clock for backers (Dec. 31st):  https://www.livecountdown.com/atarivcs-backers-release/

Get pscyhed like never before!

I was going to make one for the year 2219, but darn, it won't let me make one for 200 years later.

stuckup_nerd_pretzels.jpg.3e768b573f8e1b8d93b49b8fd0f1be65.jpg

Edit: I missed the "T" in the top line so it should of read," I just got THIS from a guy who had this deep in his pants."

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Apparently we interpreted "summer" too rigidly.  Despite endless complaints about the lack of promised updates on all of Atari's social media today, this is the only response they posted anywhere.

1900185721_Screenshot2019-09-2320_47_03.thumb.png.681cdcdf3ba9e8cda9da561f38ba1759.png

For about the last month Atari has quit giving any meaningful information at all.  They were still at least promising things before that, but it seems like they're now in full cover-your-ass mode.  All they would have to say right now is that they'll have a big update in a week and it would at least calm people down.  Seems like this is about to fully unravel.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, OverMuch said:

So as some have pointed out already, my post was removed and I've been banned from making further comments in the Reddit thread.  I knew it would happen, but even so, it kinda pisses me off, tbh.  Odd that I feel that way, but I think it's stemming from the fact that overall, i hate being summarily dismissed.

You need to get into the spirit more if you want your posts not to get removed. Try some retro lyrics to get people in the mood:

♪ ...Summer's gone and I can't tell you lies... ♫

9 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Maybe all the supporters are really just PowerDubs investment students? Might explain why they are so adamant. One of them did say their stock was up 16% today.

Atari SA's stock is in the same doldrums it's been in since the brief Ryzen-announcement spike forever ago.

Screenshot_20190924-071650.thumb.png.e79b302182855f006c09562b3c1944fb.png

Edited by racerx
  • Like 1

On 6/15/2019 at 5:36 AM, DrVenkman said:

I agree in general with most of your post but take a deep breath and think about this one:

You *do* realize, right, that this was EXACTLY what TV was for almost everybody from 1939 through about the early-mid 1980’s when VCRs became ubiquitous? Ads pay the bills for over-the-air networks and infrastructure.

Not a good example of an applicable comparison due to the fact tv in 1930 threw to 1980 was free except those who own cable tv. Now in todays world cable tv not only costs money but also contains ads as where only free tv used to have ads. Sorry your example hold no water.

• Haha 1