IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

40 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

They left a few of them up. I guess they know that The Register will have yet another story if that question about the recent article goes missing. I wouldn't be surprised if the person who posted it is already banned. 

They deleted my yes/no question? ???

Well, guess that means no producción amigos, and that little Andy will have to throw his anger to someone else... 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

Yep, when they can't answer a simple yes or no question but delete it instead, that's as much of an answer, isn't it?

Uberbooooooo to Uberintern from Uberstrategist. And well, true, I got my answer, and got rid of the anger of little Andy.

Reddit newbie question: I can still see the post, but the title is grey compared to other titles, what does this mean? Gracias!

Edited by Oscar Manuel Rojas Maillo
typo/refactor

12 minutes ago, Oscar Manuel Rojas Maillo said:

Uberbooooooo to Uberintern from Uberstrategist. And well, true, I got my answer, and got rid of the anger of little Andy.

Reddit newbie question: I can still see the post, but the title is grey compared to other titles, what does this mean? Gracias!

I guess I made the dumbest question of all, the greyed out reddits are the ones I've read. 

And yes, it's still there, just that I saw it in red on the screenshot

Here's some new pointless B.S. generated from thin air to deflect attention from Atari's most recent failures on their other primary fiscal year goal.  Nothing says "look over there," like announcing an existing contract with a niche company is an exclusive partnership for that niche. :roll:

"We are proud to work with Arcade1Up. In the mid-sized category, they are our exclusive partner, which enables both of us to fully cooperate and deliver the best product in the marketplace." Said Fred Chesnais, CEO, Atari®.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/atari-and-arcade1up-announce-exclusive-partnership-for-iconic-titles-300925592.html

• Like 2

That release says nothing other than that there will be more releases.

I'm an arcade collector, but I sit way outside of the bell curve. I don't know what kind of legs the 1UPs are going to have. Most normal people aren't going to put more than one or two of these in their house, and I'd think most of those people already have one or two. Further, even though Atari released tons of arcade titles, 1UP has already released most of the easily recognizable ones. Despite their "sold out" claim, a lot of them were clearanced out. My daughter bought me an Asteroids just to mess with for $100.

Edited by racerx
  • Like 2

Atari had better be careful the next time they show Ms. Pac-Man in their demos...Bandai Namco is suing AtGames after the latter company apparently was working quietly behind the scenes to acquire the rights to that one from GCC. Today, AtGames announced they own Ms. Pac-Man now; I'd be amazed if Namco doesn't fight this. Either way, this is something that will probably be fought out in court for the next few years (that said, I imagine that AtGames wanted to offer MPM as an exclusive for their Legends Ultimate Arcade machine):

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/atgames-acquires-ms-pac-man-related-rights-300925773.html

12 minutes ago, The Strangest said:

Yep, the Arcade1UPs are being clearanced. The Asteroids and Centipede cabinets are at my local Walmart for $75. I thought about picking up the one with Asteroids, Major Havoc, Tempest, and Lunar Lander just for the cool vector graphics. But I value the space in my house a little more right now.

Don't. I'd never hurt my daughter's feelings because it was a gift, but the vector graphics on an LCD monitor just don't work.

The sharp, bright lines and even brighter Asteroids bullets just can't be replicated even close to properly.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TACODON said:

This could get interesting over at the supporters group.

20190926_140040.jpg

On one hand this feels like those made up "My 3 year old elucidated his/her thoughts to me on world politics today..." statements, but on the other hand, it's got enough details that could be legit. If the latter, then his wife is definitely more savvy than he is. 

But this line is just bizarre: "But how can I convince her to think like us and know?"

Seriously, any of you VCShills need to listen to how you sound and get help. That isn't normal; it's insanity.

Edited by Shaggy the Atarian
fixed a line
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, racerx said:

Don't. I'd never hurt my daughter's feelings because it was a gift, but the vector graphics on an LCD monitor just don't work.

The sharp, bright lines and even brighter Asteroids bullets just can't be replicated even close to properly.

Thanks for the heads up. I hadn’t seen them in person so I wasn’t sure of how they held up in that regard.

• Like 2

Oh noes the haterbrigadier forem has turned a mans wife against him..... Wow, just wow, these pigeons are a new kind of idiot if they cant read the writing on the wall at this point. Look at the hate Bethesda has had dropped on them as of late. Sure they made missteps, but at least they have delivered a product that works, albeit with a few bugs. Hard core fans of that developer have been outraged of late, and over a $60 game!!! This is $300+ with no tangible proof, no hands on views of an ACTUAL prototype the shoe box don't count to me. By now they should've been absolutely spamming every site they could find to do a piece on the new Ataco system even just a hobbled proof of concept in their shell. Just to try and "virtually" rub AA's, and the other supposed trolls collective noses in doo doo for being nay sayers... Yet here we are nearly done with 2019, and all we have heard is BS. Along with smoke, and mirror posturing of announcements of possible announcements about a possible future announcement... They can't blame AA for shite. Goodness help anyone capable of critical thinking, and a little street smarts when it comes to matters of money for items that don't exist. I figured the blight of Bethesda would be a good comparison, there are many more that have pulled in heat over various issues of late. But, Bethesda isn't a shambling corpse reanimated by shysters, so maybe not a good way to compare? The true fact is people have a dang right to be mad, just because the pigeons are gullible don't mean the rest of the backers should not be concerned, and/or pissed.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

Hey look! "Atari" remembered their Indiegogo login!

I've never used a single cuss word or personally attacked anyone, yet here I am...riding the bench.  :(

It's almost like that statement simply isn't true.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, racerx said:

I've never used a single cuss word or personally attacked anyone, yet here I am...riding the bench.  :(

It's almost like that statement simply isn't true.

Asking legitimate questions about Atari's own lies & obfuscations apparently constitutes a personal attack against them and is very profane

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Flojomojo said:

Hey look! "Atari" remembered their Indiegogo login!

It's like they've almost figured out that trying to control the narrative to their advantage in the face of obvious evidence to the contrary is foolish and pointless.

Almost figured out.

Edited by x=usr(1536)
  • Like 3