IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

2 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

At the close of every financial year, the Group assesses the future economic benefits it will receive from that asset by using the principles set out in IAS 36—Impairment of Assets. These assets are valued according to a minimum budget. If a deviation from this budget is identified, and depending on how significant this deviation is, the amortization plan is accelerated or the asset is impaired in full.

Are they referencing the Ashoebox?   Are they hinting on making the box a complete impaired asset in the near future?

impairedasset.jpg.23fa36055218ec7a11f71b9f5061d773.jpg

I was curious to see if they listed the Feargal Mac payout, as they listed the settlement for the long running Raynal litigation.  But alas.

2 hours ago, ColecoJoe said:

You must have forgotten about this classic video from John :)

https://youtu.be/5V-q8v809Jg

I can't sit through them Joe, hence would have missed many action packed moments and wise John-isms! ??

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

Check the decimal point. Not 33 Euros. It's 33 cents. 

I know. It's what I meant but big stupid brain couldn't tell the difference when it came to typey-typey time.

I did some research afterwards. Apparently, Infogrames bought Atari for $1.68 a share from Hasbro. At the time, that valued it at $11million. Now, at just 33 CENTS (making sure I get it right this time) it's valued at $85million! ?

I'm no expert but that doesn't add up. I'm guessing they created more shares when they were struggling as another cash grab?

• Like 2

Yeah, they've tinkered with the number of issued shares heavily and established valuation based on utter nonsense. That's why the stock price keeps circling the drain and any appraisals of their company call for it going to 4 cents in a couple years barring some Hail Mary unexpected success. I've always maintained the "bawks" was nothing but another in a long line of attention seeking moves these goobers have engaged in to try and add value to the brand, with emphasis on justifying the company valuation. Everything they do screams pay us because we're still here. Their problem is their only revenue generating ability is in licenses and lawsuits. They have failed at every attempt to create new "assets" of their own, despite doing their best to suggest otherwise. (Exception being the stupid hat that a Netflix mom could produce.) They continue milking other people's products and ancient titles someone else made and teasing their own assets that will probably never come, just as reflected in all their recent social media marketing.

atarimobile4.jpg

• Like 3

Atari is still deleting Reddit threads like mad, but they haven't touched a single post in the Register one -- no matter how bad. 

Not saying they're not within their rights to delete some threads, but I find the juxtaposition interesting.  Honeypot?  Or recognize the optics of deleting that particular thread?

Also, Atari released their market research for their products:

image.thumb.png.896e8e58d28c77a7c29c1fd4d1a577b7.png

• Like 6

Because they know they'll be called out for hypocrisy AGAIN and another embarrassing headline would be worse than allowing the post on a low traffic subreddit. 

Their FB last night was "what old Atari games are you playing this weekend?" They're out of gas and their wheels have come off, creatively speaking. 

I agree with this, and it would get more likes if it were posted anywhere other than buried in Atari's twitter. 

4C429EAA-F80A-4BB4-8555-68ED644A4811.thumb.jpeg.06cbceb5507ffb9fe1bdd5ed8868c909.jpeg

• Like 4

i started working on my front yard (weeds were out of control in the boxes, limb trimming, etc) at sunrise because it'll be like friggin 90 degrees here later today.  my son gets to join the fun in a few minutes.  ;)

Atari SA and their Supporters ought to do more yard work, I think.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, digdugnate said:

i started working on my front yard (weeds were out of control in the boxes, limb trimming, etc) at sunrise because it'll be like friggin 90 degrees here later today.

Impossible. We live in our parents’ basements and don’t do anything but bash Atari all day, remember?

Edited by The Strangest
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

21 minutes ago, themewsh said:

Well, there it is - as of today nothing is in production. Screen grab from the “official” reddit.

The Innenets tell me a cargo ship takes two weeks to a month to go from China to USA.  That's not even including associated extra time needed:

In addition to the length of time it takes to physically cross the ocean, handling, customs and other procedures can add significantly to the amount of time necessary to ship goods across the Pacific. It can take as many as 33 days to prep a shipment for transit, and once the ship arrives in the United States, it can take six more days before the cargo is released.

December's closing in, and as far as we know:

post-39941-0-47473400-1555954254_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, themewsh said:

Well, there it is - as of today nothing is in production. Screen grab from the “official” reddit.

EEF6A61A-148C-46EC-A36C-374DBDC6D6DD.png

I assume that was posted today? Because it's the same text copypasta'ed from June 11th, which was 109 days ago. They said it was "headed into production very soon" at that time. Is it safe to assume that another 15 weeks (or more) might go by before production actually starts? They still haven't shown the thing in action. 

All Indiegogo campaign pre-order contributions are now locked. Funds have been allocated to Atari VCS development and the products are headed into production very soon. There are no refunds or order changes available to campaign backers. All existing Indiegogo backers will receive Atari VCS 800 (8GB RAM) models. Shipping information and other order details may be managed via your BackerKit account. If you are a backer and have not completed a survey, please do so here: https://atari-vcs.backerkit.com. This process is essential for timely and accurate delivery of your perks. 

Someone pointed out to me a video of a superfan, naked from the waist up except for an Atari baseball cap, professing his belief in The VCS. That's great! But his faith comes with the proviso that he'll boycott the company and burn all of his 40 years worth of Atari stuff if they don't deliver by April 2020. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

I assume that was posted today? Because it's the same text copypasta'ed from June 11th, which was 109 days ago. They said it was "headed into production very soon" at that time. Is it safe to assume that another 15 weeks (or more) might go by before production actually starts? They still haven't shown in in action. 

I think that text was added to the Indiegogo page recently.  I don't find it on archived versions of the page.

8 hours ago, Tickled_Pink said:

I know. It's what I meant but big stupid brain couldn't tell the difference when it came to typey-typey time.

I did some research afterwards. Apparently, Infogrames bought Atari for $1.68 a share from Hasbro. At the time, that valued it at $11million. Now, at just 33 CENTS (making sure I get it right this time) it's valued at $85million! ?

I'm no expert but that doesn't add up. I'm guessing they created more shares when they were struggling as another cash grab?

To be fair Infogrames wasn't valued at $0 when they bought Atari. $11 million was Atari alone. You have to count Infogrames valuation in their combined value too. And they had to be worth more than $11 million to be able to spend $11 million.

And if they spent $11 million to buy Atari that would (naively) be a zero-sum transaction because the gave $11 million in cash and received something worth $11 million. So even if you pretend that valuation never changed since that transaction it would mean Infogrames was worth $85 million and $11 million of that was the Atari IP. Still doesn't sound plausible but it's not quite as incongruent.

Beyond that it's possible for the shares to be worth less but the market cap to be more because there are more shares than there used to be (some that came from Infogrames, some from share splits). Not saying I believe the numbers mind you. Just saying it's possible.