IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

7 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

I assume that was posted today? Because it's the same text copypasta'ed from June 11th, which was 109 days ago. They said it was "headed into production very soon" at that time. Is it safe to assume that another 15 weeks (or more) might go by before production actually starts? They still haven't shown the thing in action. 

Yup.  The same.  Noticed the language straight away.. which is sad in itself.

7 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

Someone pointed out to me a video of a superfan, naked from the waist up except for an Atari baseball cap, professing his belief in The VCS. That's great! But his faith comes with the proviso that he'll boycott the company and burn all of his 40 years worth of Atari stuff if they don't deliver by April 2020. 

After Joe posted the JP link, I insinuated I couldn't bare to watch him again.  Well ... I was curious and ..... I closed it within 5 seconds after seeing Phelan topless with that bloody hat and continued to wash my eyes out with soap.  Damn you Joe! ?  Hence, I didn't realize he made those comments.  Burn his shit? ?  Now that's one extreme to the next. ?

gross.gif.6d8b5a566773da61e1a91ec272c5549d.gif

6 hours ago, TACODON said:

Getting that ban hammer soon I bet...

Capture.PNG

"Indigogo are donations.  They have no obligation to make anything" ??  Just wow.  What are these unconsole-that-really-is-a-console-if-it-does-exist-at-all disciples injecting?   Too support and back up Atari SA with mind-boggling statements like this is f#cking ludicrous.

Pigeon: "Here ya go Freddy boy.  Have $300 spondoolies of my hard earned cash that I can't really afford because I still live in my mom's basement eating those blasphemous pita tacos that Spriggy makes.  Ahhhh noooo.  I don't want anything for it mate  ..... although you promised to have them done and delivered by summer.  Just keep the cash.  I'll just have to resort to cardboard tacos for a while.   Actually ... I might go and check out Mr Pants Last Gameboard kickstarter.  Sounds gr8"

dontthinkso.gif.39a49f03c71c47aaab07b8198931ebde.gif

As for Biff.  Looks like he's talking to himself again.  Sock Puppet to Sock Muppet.

sockstalking.gif.0a16a01df47cdb313327d1708bcf3511.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, CMR said:

It would be cool if they would release the system as an open console and just let people do whatever they want with it.  They could even setup an online marketplace like steam or gog to support it where anyone could upload software to share or sell.  They don't seem that smart though.  I really would love to see a company make an open console though.  Even the Ouya was kind of locked in.

Honest question.   Why not just buy a PC?  The much vaulted "Sandbox Mode" is just the ability to play games on Linux or Windows.  The only way people are going to be able to play Star Wars on the Atari VCS, assuming it comes out, is to install an emulator and rom.  Not exactly official and legal, but it is what it is.

I'm not condoning that course of action, but if you're going to do it, why not just do it on your PC.  If you want to play the games on your HD tv, get an HDMI cable and connect it to your computer.   Is it the nostalgia of buying a product with the Atari name on it that is the stumbling block?

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Agillig said:

Doesn't he also make that sweet puzzle game?  There's nothing more I'd like to play than a game where you put together pieces of a puzzle to form a screenshot of Doom on the Jaguar.  I can't imagine what kind of licensing voodoo is necessary to make this game happen legally. 

yup, Irata Ja-Ja-Jiggy Puzzles.  I noticed his Pacman demo 'Pax-Man' has been conspicuously absent from the SifkerGames page since at least March 2019 ;)

image.png.43530ddc16e46078cef80a19b7e64d81.png

Pretty much the Atacobox is being an expensive low-end PC with that "Atari" name slapped on which at least $200 is being used just for the logo*.  But with all the time they spend deleting critical posts from "trolls" they're more into maintaining their self-image and reputation.

*Of course this is IF the un-console really exists.  Go Vaporware!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, frankodragon said:

Pretty much the Atacobox is being an expensive low-end PC with that "Atari" name slapped on which at least $200 is being used just for the logo*.  But with all the time they spend deleting critical posts from "trolls" they're more into maintaining their self-image and reputation.

*Of course this is IF the un-console really exists.  Go Vaporware!

If I were Fred, I'd purchase about 10,000 Raspberry Pi units, slap them inside VCS cases, and call it a success.  Judging from the responses to "Atari Dude's" well done hoax, most of the supporters would be perfectly fine with it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

The only fans they have left are the company shills trying to up their non existent preorders and probably stock. JP is the last of the fandom (and maybe B Harris?) Anyone in that supporters group has an agenda because they don't care if it comes out. They admitted it in that thread they locked. There were people being respecrful with concerns and they made up some BS excuse. Yet they never post anything. Why? Control the narrative and encourage others to pre order. Why? Oh because they are shills. Probably took some of Dubs stock advice.

Just now, Agillig said:

If I were Fred, I'd purchase about 10,000 Raspberry Pi units, slap them inside VCS cases, and call it a success.  Judging from the responses to "Atari Dude's" well done hoax, most of the supporters would be perfectly fine with it.

You sure it's a hoax? Looked more real than anything Atari put out. Maybe we should send something like that to ole John P?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

The only fans they have left are the company shills trying to up their non existent preorders and probably stock. JP is the last of the fandom (and maybe B Harris?) Anyone in that supporters group has an agenda because they don't care if it comes out. They admitted it in that thread they locked. There were people being respecrful with concerns and they made up some BS excuse. Yet they never post anything. Why? Control the narrative and encourage others to pre order. Why? Oh because they are shills. Probably took some of Dubs stock advice.

You sure it's a hoax? Looked more real than anything Atari put out. Maybe we should send something like that to ole John P?

Well, Atari says its a hoax, which is the first time I've believed anything they've said.  

25 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

Did they say that publicly, and if so, do you happen to have a link to it?

If I remember correctly, it was on the Supporters Facebook page that Atari said the Atari Dude thing isn't real.  I can find mention of the post, but can't find the actual post. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, racerx said:

With all the basement talk, I figured I might as well point out what a typical troll/hater's basement looks like.  :lol:

Nice to see another arcade collector with an appreciation for laserdisc games.  Firefox is one of the ones I actually regret letting go to this day.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, x=usr(1536) said:

Nice to see another arcade collector with an appreciation for laserdisc games.  Firefox is one of the ones I actually regret letting go to this day.

I'm ready to give up and Dexter this one. Just an unbelievable PITA.

20170416_164950.jpg

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, racerx said:

20170416_164950.jpg

For some bizarre reason, I keep seeing these pop up in collections. I know some guys local to me that have three of them. And here I was thinking it was a super rarity :P But yeah, Dexter that bad boy post-haste.

5 minutes ago, Agillig said:

Meanwhile, in Indiegogo land, Brandon Harris is hosting hosting an "I don't Care-athon", and salivating over a remake of a classic Atari game that was created using RPG Maker.

Screenshot_20190928-230253_Chrome.thumb.jpg.85bdd33414a0ee442ce5a71f0260ec85.jpg

Did anyone tell Brandon that the console with certified remakes of classic games is called the Intellivision Amico?

Otherwise, I don't understand why VCShills are always wishcasting for remakes of relatively obscure games? Why set yourself up for obvious disappointment like that?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, racerx said:

20170416_164950.jpg

I've heard that those are...  Finicky.  Still, awesome game, and no shame in DEXTERing it if it keeps it running.  I have fond memories of playing the sit-down version at two different locations, and thinking how much of a ripoff of it Hang-On was when it came out ?

Of the ones I really regret selling, though, Cube Quest has to be up at the top or near enough as doesn't matter.  It was fully-working and in great condition, only missing the seat.  The person who eventually ended up with it abused the hell out of it, which did not make me happy when I ran back across it a few years later.

Edited by x=usr(1536)

8 hours ago, digdugnate said:

it's totally okay, guys!  Biff said that he'll be getting an SDK soon from Atari!  Very very soon you can play Jungles of Maxtheria on YOUR VERY OWN VCS II!

image.png.b6249964708e855561be103ecb20f9b6.png

Biff is apparently unaware of the specific Atari meaning of 'soon'... And maybe of the meaning of 'sdk'.  ?

Edited by roots.genoa
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Spriggy said:

Sound like Cookie Monster much ....

cookiemonsteroffice.jpg.3d40525248e47e4c36031b53504f0124.jpg

At least he is showing actual interest in Atari and Atari related stuff. Generally the supporters only care to shill and complain that only 4 of them don't have concerns. Lucas C evidently is upset that someone is acting like him on reddit.

Brandon at least isn't like them. I hope him and John get something. He does need to work on his English though.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, racerx said:

With all the basement talk, I figured I might as well point out what a typical troll/hater's basement looks like.  :lol:

I mean a troll or hater basement? I tell you this basement belongs to a fan that loves arcades and pinballs machines.

I loved those when I was young but I couldn't use my lunch money on them, saw many kids do that in the PacMan behemoth arcade machine.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, racerx said:

I could spend many happy hours in that basement. My favorite part is how there's nothing past 1987 or so, and there is a conspicuous lack of quarter-eating side scrollers or fighting games. I know and love just about everything I saw in that walkthrough. You have excellent taste. 

• Like 5

20 hours ago, Agillig said:

Honest question.   Why not just buy a PC?  The much vaulted "Sandbox Mode" is just the ability to play games on Linux or Windows.  The only way people are going to be able to play Star Wars on the Atari VCS, assuming it comes out, is to install an emulator and rom.  Not exactly official and legal, but it is what it is.

I'm not condoning that course of action, but if you're going to do it, why not just do it on your PC.  If you want to play the games on your HD tv, get an HDMI cable and connect it to your computer.   Is it the nostalgia of buying a product with the Atari name on it that is the stumbling block?

Why not just buy a PC instead of an Xbox One or PS4?