IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

Ewww....you just beat me to it. Their penny stock is gonna take a shellacking this week. May hit the forecast 4 cents a share by the end of the year. 

So any poor soul who's been paid in their worthless stock just took a 16% pay cut today. Except of course ol' freddy who gets 1.1MM annually no matter how much the "company" looses on the books. 

image.png.f8e3bb7f1a2f97131dc7dee2afd2fd81.png

Edited by JBerel
  • Haha 5

On my phone so can't check easily if it's already been posted. The Register have another damning article that states the guy designing the machine has officially quit after not being paid for 6 months.

It also says that despite making more than $2million in losses and having just 3 employees, Chesnais has paid himself a cool $1million.

This is starting to sound increasingly like every scam and asset stripping operation we've seen before. If he originally launched the crowdfund with good intentions, he's shown himself to a corrupt and completely inept businessman.

Edited by Tickled_Pink
  • Like 3

The supporter group's whiplash from this morning's revelations probably went something like: "we got an update!" to "hey, a new article about the system!" to "oh crap..." and it is going to call for some serious Advil.

We know you're not supposed to take it on an empty stomach...soooooo....send them tacos?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

51 minutes ago, Shaggy the Atarian said:

Nice little distraction from the bombshell news that once again, Atari doesn't pay up and has to scramble to save face (I'm friends with someone who was working for Human Head Studios a few years back (he's no longer there) and said that they went through the same thing on the game Minimum. Atari didn't live up to their obligations and left the company with worthless French penny stocks).

One would think that Atari being the "deadbeat dad" of video games should tank their remaining value and shake even the most faithful of cultists, but I'm guessing that the Werner Bros. are fapping over a cordless board making an LED turn on and will completely ignore just how bad it is to lose your principal architect just a couple of months before backers are supposed to be receiving production units. There are many hurdles that Atari still has to go through to get a market-ready device tested, and that's not going to happen quickly.

I hope that one guy who said his wife would leave him over the VCS not shipping by March is getting himself a good divorce lawyer, as he's screwed.

Its probably more a circle fap with Karl P Lucas C and Andy B watching. Shawn n Misty P are probably hiding under a white sheet looking through eyeholes, debating if its morally okay to watch it despite their strong urge to.

No one has mentioned the obvious. It will run Raspbian.

Atari wins if their penny stock becomes .01 right? I mean that's the goal right? To lower it to be a penny...

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, themewsh said:

The supporter group's whiplash from this morning's revelations probably went something like: "we got an update!" to "hey, a new article about the system!" to "oh crap..." and it is going to call for some serious Advil.

We know you're not supposed to take it on an empty stomach...soooooo....send them tacos?

I know we have spies in that group.  I want to see screencaps!

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

How Chesnais can justify paying himself just under €1m despite the company losing millions over the course of a financial year genuinely astounds me. 

It is even more striking when you consider the reports of penny-pinching going on with regards to the development of the 'unconsole'. At this rate, if this thing ever gets released, it will likely be a stock mediocre PC-in-a-box with no discernible 'Atari flavour'*. 

*Unless you like the shit taste left in your mouth from being financially diddled by a Frenchman with a penchant for corporate ineptitude. 

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, PlaysWithWolves said:

Is this how penny stock investing works?

image.thumb.png.6127ee8969dc7e3d6ca80c1c3bb60a16.png

Wow, that's just sad dude...

I have a feeling Atari will be able to fulfill backer orders (and possibly any orders placed via GameStop and Walmart), but after that they'll pretty much go bankrupt and have to cease production. :P 

Even with that prediction, I'm not actually fully confident I'll get my order. 

4 minutes ago, Inky said:

I know we have spies in that group.  I want to see screencaps!

Imagine a pic of the Iraqi Information Minister and there's your screen cap.  Essentially they're saying this is another exciting milestone, things are right on schedule,  and us naysayers will soon be without purpose in our lives.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Agillig said:

Imagine a pic of the Iraqi Information Minister and there's your screen cap.  Essentially they're saying this is another exciting milestone, things are right on schedule,  and us naysayers will soon be without purpose in our lives.

THE ATARIAGE TROLLS ARE SAYING BAD THINGS ABOUT OUR BABY MILK FACTORY!

3cpguz.jpg

Edited by Inky
  • Like 2
  • Haha 12

The news that Rob Wyatt hasn't been paid for 6 months comes personally as no surprise whatsoever.   As many of you who know me personally remember, I ran Legacy Engineering, well I was hired by Fred Chesnais to develop the Gene Simmons Axe Controller for guitar hero.  I spent 6 months and put over $90k out of my own pocket to develop the controller and have several golden sample prototypes made.   I was given a song and dance about getting royalties and such... well in June of 2008 I had to be admitted to the hospital for emergency open heart surgery.   I suffered a severe heart infection and had to go in for emergency heart surgery.  While I'm in the hospital, Freddy calls me and desperately asks if I could get the prototypes out to him, he needs to get them to Gene Simmons immediately as Gene is going to put them on his show and announce them.  So I had someone get them packed and shipped to Freddy, well he took them, they never went to Gene, they went right to Freddy's friend up in Canada at Beat Street, they reverse engineered the samples (since they weren't protected yet and everything was on development boards inside) and had cheap knock offs made.   He told me that they couldn't get on the show in time, after several weeks of recovering I finally called to get the status on the project, he said it was canceled which was a lie.   He ended up bankrupting my consultancy and I was out all of my investment, my prototypes and royalties...  sounds like he basically has done the exact same thing to Rob Wyatt.   Freddy is a serial scumbag.

BTW, notice how while they dangled all of the eye candy, they put in a small disclaimer --- the first units won't have any OS... that's because there isn't one, Atari also quietly announced that they have dropped development of their own custom linux distro.   There won't be an OS, they'll give you your box and you're on your own.   You of course could've just bought any of the Ryzen dev boards that are currently out there now and gotten what Atari is pushing for $300...  

image.thumb.png.783ac537ae34ae605fc7d57bb3353258.png

• Like 9
  • Thanks 16
  • Sad 4

Lets break down their still image, funny when the PSU is connected and the case is open they only show a still image. Yet the closed case backlit Fuji demo has no PSU connected and none of the internals are on display. Thats right it does nothing whatsoever other then turn on the Fuji LED. Yeah they got nothing to hide, seems totally legit... Oh and why do they have the birdsnest of front panel connectors?!

1988932947_ScreenShot2019-10-08at9_32_07AM.png.9845d445e6e268d8c1ee6128370c21dd.png.b278197c5a3b49282d98443747d2ee40.png

• Like 5